Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Agree about the default bounce. Even bouncers on hard pitches don't really get that high. Keepers and slips are generally too close to be convincing. Don't like how keepers for fast-medium's are up so far.

I am going to be starting career mode for the first time in Ashes cricket, is it possible for me to use classic international teams instead of current ones? I would like to play for example as Shoaib Akhtar in a Pakistan team and play against India when Tendulkar was around, but would that be possible in career mode?

As for teams like English counties or ipl teams i can just add classic players to them. I am basically thinking of making a new profile on ps4 and playing a career mode with older teams instead of the newer ones of today.

Last edited:
I am going to be starting career mode for the first time in Ashes cricket, is it possible for me to use classic international teams instead of current ones? I would like to play for example as Shoaib Akhtar in a Pakistan team and play against India when Tendulkar was around, but would that be possible in career mode?

As for teams like English counties or ipl teams i can just add classic players to them. I am basically thinking of making a new profile on ps4 and playing a career mode with older teams instead of the newer ones of today.
As I'd suggested about the BPL teams, you could link them to on disk teams. In that instance making custom BPL and linking them to CPL. Suppose the theory would be the same for international. Or just add the players you want to existing international teams.

And I just edged one to third slip.

And one to second slip.

And another one edged onto the stumps.

Last edited:
Find it so bizarre that people aren't edging the ball. Just played a 40 over session and had about 20 Knicks and thick edges. Only one resulted in a wicket, an inside edge that went straight onto the stumps.
I think ur timing is not perfect[DOUBLEPOST=1514182897][/DOUBLEPOST]Happy Christmas to big ant team any Christmas gift for us with a new patch

An odd observation. I was playing with aerial ball marker with Legend and Hardest batting since i had this game. Recently I switched on to pitch marker now with Legend/Hardest and i am now getting fair amount of edges. Edge Caught behind,edge to slip that happens every innings. Edging the ball every 2-3 overs. This really has added a great dimenson to this game. Don't know whats the reason but with pitch marker i edge fairly.
PS: Six hitting is still easy.

Just not enjoying the bowling in this game. I mean, I like the systems and I feel like I'm trying everything to get wickets. Line and length, variations. Not getting any rewards on any difficulty :S If Starc and Halzewood can't get me wickets then I'm screwed.

I don't want to use exaggerated off-cutters to get wickets with the new ball with express pacers. They're way OP at the moment.

Is the academy for ashes cricket the same as dbc14? If not, does that mean all the teams and players I've made on dbc14 are lost and have to be remade?

Users who are viewing this thread