Ashes Cricket General Discussion

Damn. Just lost a test after knocking the AI team over for 130 in 1st inns but then only made 259 thanks to some late order resistance after slumping to 135/8 .Of course it wont fail twice so made 476 2nd time around . Leaving me 348 to chase . I only made 244 after being 110/1 at one stage:(

So now series goes to decider

What a joke this game has become!! The game has gone backwards since Don Bradman 14.

The ball goes through the bat 30% of the time, The AI still bowls no balls and wides 15% of the time!!

Shot selection is all over the place!! The stats tracking is nonexistent!! batsman still not returning to the crease!!

Framerate issues in night games on ps4 STILL NOT FIXED!! It never rains, and the sun is always shining on cloudy days!! plus many other issues!!

What a mess this game is in, in its current state!!

I will personally not be buying any more of big Ant Studios FFF games, the game is now £15 pounds in the uk! even that is too much for this pile of poo!!

I think BA studios should change their name to BS Studios as this is what they have become now.
Im sure they will miss you :) whahhaha

Damn. Just lost a test after knocking the AI team over for 130 in 1st inns but then only made 259 thanks to some late order resistance after slumping to 135/8 .Of course it wont fail twice so made 476 2nd time around . Leaving me 348 to chase . I only made 244 after being 110/1 at one stage:(

So now series goes to decider

You're never safe on these games, haha! I once bowled a team out on DBC 17 for about 125 in their first innings, and then they chased down more than 750 in the fourth innings, haha! I think they were 500-1 at one point!

What a joke this game has become!! The game has gone backwards since Don Bradman 14.

The ball goes through the bat 30% of the time, The AI still bowls no balls and wides 15% of the time!!

Shot selection is all over the place!! The stats tracking is nonexistent!! batsman still not returning to the crease!!

Framerate issues in night games on ps4 STILL NOT FIXED!! It never rains, and the sun is always shining on cloudy days!! plus many other issues!!

I will personally not be buying any more of big Ant Studios FFF games, the game is now £15 pounds in the uk! even that is too much for this pile of poo!!

I think BA studios should change their name to BS Studios as this is what they have become now.
Oh dear. You must be generally unhappy in life. To say this game have gone backwards from 14 is just ignorant at best.

Hey guys, what's the latency like on online games? Never played one before but could be interested in playing with some of you

Has anyone reported the bug that Anderson's hair has not changed colour? Immersion breaking.

DxuXZ8y.jpg
It would be good if we could edit the hair and bats and stuff

You're never safe on these games, haha! I once bowled a team out on DBC 17 for about 125 in their first innings, and then they chased down more than 750 in the fourth innings, haha! I think they were 500-1 at one point!

750 ? Wow :eek:

I failed to defend 427 also in the fourth innings in one game

Is it just me, or the career fielding camera can't be changed at all while bowling?

750 ? Wow :eek:

I failed to defend 427 also in the fourth innings in one game

Haha, yep, in a three match series, we beat them by an innings twice and that was the other match, where we set them 759 or something to win, and they did it, haha!

I've actually just gone back to DBC 17 after four months off after no one managed to give me a better reason to buy the new game apart from 'if you like cricket, you'll buy it'. Glad I did now as I've started a new career with the difficulty cranked up and so far I'm enjoying the struggle, which reminds me of the early days on DBC 14, haha! Saved myself another £45-50 for a while anyway...

Would love to have a few additions to the stadium creator, adding a few more roof varieties or having the choice to decide the boundary length, would be fantastic, at the moment the roof of sharjah or various other stadiums cannot be customised as accurately as others

Hi all,

Firstly thanks to Big Ant for the new patch, batting has certainly been made more enjoyable !

One thing I have noticed is on career mode, my own team always plays really aggressive...in four day matches my team normally has strike rates of 75+ and one day matches in excess of 100 consistently.

Not a big thing but wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing?

Hi all,

Firstly thanks to Big Ant for the new patch, batting has certainly been made more enjoyable !

One thing I have noticed is on career mode, my own team always plays really aggressive...in four day matches my team normally has strike rates of 75+ and one day matches in excess of 100 consistently.

Not a big thing but wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing?

Simulation has always been like that since DBC14, although it seems to have got worse this patch.

Last edited:

I'll counter this by stating my opinion on the latest build.

I haven't been on here much in the last week because all I have been doing in my free time is playing Ashes Cricket.

Gaming since Ian Botham '96, this is the first time I've been fully happy with a cricket game. Cricket is my life, often professionally so, so I'm glad I didn't give up in the 22 years on gaming.

Batting, bowling, spot on, with everything. Except rain, lol. My PS4 is internet free just in case they release something that breaks this.

I'll counter this by stating my opinion on the latest build.

I haven't been on here much in the last week because all I have been doing in my free time is playing Ashes Cricket.

Gaming since Ian Botham '96, this is the first time I've been fully happy with a cricket game. Cricket is my life, often professionally so, so I'm glad I didn't give up in the 22 years on gaming.

Batting, bowling, spot on, with everything. Except rain, lol. My PS4 is internet free just in case they release something that breaks this.
Btw rain does work for me in casual mode.

Good th
Has anyone tinkered around with shot power in the physics attributes.....does it work? Which settings are you using? I am finding that straight shots are too powerful and want to reduce this.....is it maybe a strength attribute?
good thought might try that later. Had reduced batting skills, was working well

Users who are viewing this thread