On Ground:
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Arun Lal
Danny Morrison
Ranjot Fernando
Ramiz Raja
Aamir Sohail

In short,it wont be fun et all. :mad: Leaving out Wasim Akram,the others suck royally. I'm gonna write to ESS to get this changed.

The problem they have is:
1. Wimbeldon- so no Alan Wilkins
2. 1983 Celebrations- so no Ravi Shashtri and Sunil Gavaskar

Last edited:
No Shastri?! :noway

The "On Ground" people look scary to say the least!

Waqar, Lal, Fernando... :(

Why can't Harsha go to the ground?

Commentary team for Asia Cup 2008

In Studio [Singapore]
Harsha Bhogle
Ian Chappell
Marvan Attaptu

On Ground:
Wasim Akram
Waqar Younis
Arun Lal
Danny Morrison
Ranjot Fernando

In short,it wont be fun et all. :mad: Leaving out Wasim Akram,the others suck royally. I'm gonna write to ESS to get this changed.

The problem they have is:
1. Wimbeldon- so no Alan Wilkins
2. 1983 Celebrations- so no Ravi Shashtri and Sunil Gavaskar

Where did you get this piece of info from ?
Still , it is not as bad a lineup in my opinion.Its been quite a while since ESPN had those analysis shows in their Singapore studio.
They used to have this seperate studio analysis stuff in the 1990s.
Ever since, we`ve had those analysis shows from the studios in the stadium itself.
Their EURO 08 coverage features the pre-match and post-match shows featuring John Dykes,Steve McMahan is broadcast from the Singapore studio.
With Harsha and Chappell in there,at least the analysis will be top class unlike NEO SPORTS.

Shastri and Sunny should join the commentary team once they are done with the Celebrations.
They could`ve picked the likes of Pat Symcox and Michael Slater for the on-field commentary team.
The great news is that Mr.Stutter Ali Khan does not seem to figure in the lineup !

Wilkins wasn`t a part of the commentary team for the CB Series as well because of the U/19 WC and the Aussie Open Tennis.

I don`t know whether you guys remember ESPNSTAR`s coverge of the 1999 Cricket World Cup. The Life is a Carnival Opening credits of the 1999 WC makes me nostalgic ! Could not find that song on the internet.
That was the best broadcast I`ve ever seen. Their on-field crew was massive.
It included the best commentators in the world and some of the best prematch and postmatch shows I`ve ever seen.

Was a shame that SONY got the rights for the 03 and 07 World Cups. They could not match up to the high standards of ESPN.

Last edited:
How is this possible?

We have 2 matches on the 24th, Pak v HK, and Bangladesh v UAE...

5 commentators for 2 matches?

Also, Geo Super is saying Ramiz Raja, Waqar Younis, Arun Lal, Athar Ali Khan, Aamir Sohail, Ranjit Fernando, and Russel Arnold.

^^ Slightly more believable because they said on TV a list of 7 commentators, as opposed to 5.

My Pakistan Contracted Squad :-
1)Salman Butt
2)Nasir Jamshed
3)Younus Khan
4)Mohammad Yousuf
5)Misbah-ul-Haq (V.C)
6)Shoaib Malik (C)
7)Shahid Afridi
8)Sarfraz Ahmed (w.k)
9)Sohail Tanvir
10)Umer Gul
11)Mohd. Asif

Not sure if you mean that for the Asia Cup, but there is no way in hell Asif will playing, or at least he shouldn't be.

How is this possible?

Also, Geo Super is saying Ramiz Raja, Waqar Younis, Arun Lal, Athar Ali Khan, Aamir Sohail, Ranjit Fernando, and Russel Arnold.

^^ Slightly more believable because they said on TV a list of 7 commentators, as opposed to 5.

They have 2 sets of commentators at the 2 venues.
One for the Lahore leg and one for the Karachi leg.

Waqar, Ranjit, and Arun are gonna be at both venues? :p

Theres only about 3 games at Lahore, so, which commentators are gonna go home after those 3 games.

I hope its Arun, Athar Ali Khan, and Russel Arnold :)

Where did you get this piece of info from ?

Times of India today

How is this possible?

See,the comnentators I named are there.Add to that Stutter Ali from Bangla will be there. with a few others.

well pakistans squad...

Shoaib Malik (capt), Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Anjum, Mohammad Yousuf, Nasir Jamshed, Salman Butt, Shahid Afridi, Sohail Tanvir, Umar Gul, Wahab Riaz, Younis Khan, Sarfraz Ahmed (wk), Mansoor Amjad, Saeed Ajmal

the only surprise being saeed ajmal...i hope they give him and some other youngsters (mansoor, sarfraz etc) a chance against hong kong

Why was Bazid Khan left out ? He didnt get a game in the Tri-series and then he was dropped.

Users who are viewing this thread