Asia Cup 2008

Again as we speak,India shows that the Asian teams can be as unpredictable as ever. :help

Naw, the Bangla series was just practice for the Asia Cup, but I agree we should have won.

I'm not complaining though, i'd much rather take the loss now rather then in an important tourny such as this one.

Cricketman added 5 Minutes and 13 Seconds later...

Here's my 15 that I would pick for this series -

1. MS Dhoni (Captain and Keeper)
2. Yuvraj Singh
3. Gautam Gambhir
4. Virender Sehwag
5. Rohit Sharma
6. Dinesh Karthik (WK)
7. Subramanium Badrinath
8. Robin Uthappa / Shikhar Dhawan
9. Ishant Sharma
10. Zaheer Khan (If fit) / Manpreet Gony
11. Praveen Kumar
12. Irfan Pathan
13. Piyush Chawla
14. Praghyan Ojha / Mishra
15. ?

Thoughts?

definitely yousuf pathan

i think sreeshant will be back for asia cup so gony won't get chance... what about RP singh?

zaheer hasn't been in great form recently so i would say RP should be given chance... he is not that bad... he can swing the bowl really well and get wickets also...

Last edited:
Sri Lanka will win the Asia Cup. India have no chance aganst SL as Murli keeps Yuvi in his back pocket. And you dont know which Pakistan team will turn up.

if Sri Lanka want to win the asia cup, this should be their regular line up:

Sanath Jayasuriya
Upul Tharanga
Kumar Sangakkara
Mahela Jayawardene
Tilekaratne Dilshan
Kapugedara
Farveez Maharoof
Chaminda Vaas
Muttiah Muralitharan
Ishara Amerasinghe/Dilhara Fernando/Ajantha Mendis
Lasith Malinga

Just a question. This tournament was supposed to be in 2006, and then Oman was playing instead of UAE, what happened?

Whatever happened in the tri series final will not have much bearing in the Asia Cup. India is clearly a better ODI team than Pakistan (they came so close chasing down 315) while Pakistan lost comprehensively by 140 runs.

But Pakistan are playing at home, and so may be they could get some more boost. But I still predict a India-SL final with either side winning it. SL have great players with Jayasuriya in great form with the IPL. Jayawardena is a very shrewd captain, and Sangakkara is slowly turning out to be a legend for the Lankans. We all know abt Murali (actually, I have a soft corner for him these days with his CSK turn out)

The wicket was very flat.Had SAF and RSA squared off here,we would have had another 400+ encounter.In the Asia Cup,I bet India will get the better of Pakistan.

Just a question. This tournament was supposed to be in 2006, and then Oman was playing instead of UAE, what happened?

Yes,but it seems that they had the qualifiers again as the 2006 tournament was cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread