Asia Cup 2008

oh yeah... then that would be an advantage for bangladesh... they might get into semi finals..
khalek added 2 Minutes and 14 Seconds later...

personally i think the final would be india v pakistan again... sri lanka have no chance at all... they only have 4-5 good players in their team and rest are crap... the recent CB series and WI tour proved it all...

The teams have been divided into two groups.
Group A- India,Pakistan and Hongkong
Group B- SriLanka,Bangaldesh and U.A.E

Two teams from each group will go ahead after the First round-robin.
Then the Four teams play each other and the top 2 contest the Finals.

i think sri lanka has a good chance with murli but if they dont pick sanath then its stupid he is in great form

Sanath has been picked.The Asia Cup,Sri Lanka squad has been announced.

Sannath should retire and let India win some matches.

Even if when he played in Aus,India won the matches.So,he is no real threat.
India are the clear favorites here.

Even if when he played in Aus,India won the matches.So,he is no real threat.
India are the clear favorites here.

He was in no form then. Now hes back in form. :crying :crying :crying

He is,but the others are not :p

Talking of the team,with Tendulakr out,it will be a repeat of the T20 World Cup team.I expect Yusuf Pathan in there,but as .Mob says Dhawan wont be a bad option.

Shikhar Dhawan was one of those 2004 u-19 blokes who never made it to the big stage then.I remember him playin some fantastic innings in that WC.

Squads released tomorrow.

I was watching a thing on Neo and they're all going crazy about Yusuf Pathan.

I say Badrinath.

Team India

Mahendra Singh Dhoni (capt and wk), Yuvraj Singh (vice-captain), Robin Uthappa, Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Sreesanth, Ishant Sharma, Praveen Kumar, RP Singh, Piyush Chawla, Pragyan Ojha

No KKD-thats a pity.
No Munaf-thats good.

Yeah, but Yusuf can bowl. I suppose KKD can keep, but I doubt he will need to.

Yusuf is a hitter, and a hitter only. He is never likely to be consistent with his big hitting, plus it's stupid to pick a ODI squad after looking at 2020 performances.

Yusuf has showed he can 'Big Hit' against the best bowlers in the world. Surely he can combine that with consistency.

What has Ojha done to be there? Why is Misra ignored? He is better than Chawla.

Users who are viewing this thread