Asia Cup March 2011/12

^ Then the team with greater NRR goes through.

But in the next match even if run rate is less for Bangladesh after winning.They would get into the finals.

But in the next match even if run rate is less for Bangladesh after winning.They would get into the finals.

That is because only BD and Ind will be equal in points. NRR will come into play only if SL-BD and India were in the same points. In that case each team will have one win over the other. That option is now impossible. So if BD wins they are through.

Why only in youngsters? Is there any better player then Kohli right now in world cricket?

This. The guy had scored in Australia, against Australia too. So he is not a flat track bully. He is just an incredibly talented bloke. I pray that as he grows, he reduces his swearing (there's something with Delhi players and swearing; Gambhir, Nehra, Ishant do it too) and gets more cool headed. If he goes like this, he will end up as a legend of the game.

Great win India! That Sachin-Kohli partnership set the stone. Nice to finally see Rohit Sharma come good. Now awaiting the Ban-SL match. I dont expect SL to lose three in a row, but Bangladesh are in fine form. Even if India bow out from here, it wont be too bad. We won two out of three, and that too beat SL and Pakistan. I'm happy.

----------

I am waiting for Umair to reply who mostly.. sorry always comes here to post when India loses.

----------

My Best moments of match-
Raina Superb catch in the end
Kohli and Rohit Partnership
Kohli's 183 in a chase

All are by youngsters which is good thing. Though we still have to look in our bowling weakness and not get carried away.

Sachin and Kohli partnership set the stone for the chase. I would rate it higher than the Kohli-Rohit partnership. Sachin played a far more free flowing innings, bringing out those trademark cute upper cuts. Even though he scored only 52, we could see glimpses of the free flowing Tendulkar on show today. Its credit to India that Sachin's wicket does not affect the morale of the team and the fans much.

----------

Yeah we loose but still we are first to qualify in final and have 1 more chance to beat you.. come on bangla beat the lankans..

You want one more chance at us, and you also want Bangla to beat Lankans (which means Bangladesh enter finals)? Which one do you really want?

----------

Points Table | Asia Cup | ESPN Cricinfo

I guess if Ind-BD-SL were all in the same points, NRR would come into play. I think these are decided by participating teams. Most probably the big 3 thought this would guarantee 2 of them in the finals even if BD surprises someone.

For this head-to-head thing to work, you need to have a minimum of at least two league rounds of matches between the teams involved. Thats when you get a good clear picture of the best teams to reach the final. With only one round and with only 3 games per team, one bad match again puts you in trouble. Today India irrespective of the result have to rely on a Bangladesh defeat.

For this head-to-head thing to work, you need to have a minimum of at least two league rounds of matches between the teams involved. Thats when you get a good clear picture of the best teams to reach the final. With only one round and with only 3 games per team, one bad match again puts you in trouble. Today India irrespective of the result have to rely on a Bangladesh defeat.

BD has looked a better team. They did not know to win against Pak. They never gave up against India. If they defeat SL they deserve to be in the final. Hopefully if they win they will get confidence and start winning. But that is unlikely. Lankan tigers hopefully maul the BD tigers :spy

Im happy for india although not an indian or an indian fan..
i pretty much like indopak clash......
both are good india with not good bowling but strong fielding and batting up against pakistani bowling... paks fielding is pathetic probably worst in the world.
indians were hardly perhaps "not " picking the doosra they were definetly troubled by paks bowling but fielding drew them out of the game top edges ,edges etc for 4... and yeah in indian bowling nt a single bowler looked threatening.. and due to it pak made such a high score while having an ordinary lineup...

about kohli... even way before i knew kohli is the big threat in ind lineup.

he is one of the only batsman existing having no weaknesses...

Well just imagining .. if pak, ind combine to a single team...like the windies
they will never be beaten .. every wc would be theirs and perhaps will rule until the end of world......

yeah would definetly love to beat you.but here people are loving it for your win but its strange now that you all will be depend on srilanka and whereas we are already in final and by the way as your MR DHONi says everyday is new ...and would love to have you in the final

Kohli's last 4 ODI innings read

137*, 108, 66, 183.

Form of his life? Hell YEAH......:clap

Glad to see Kohli carrying on his rich vein of form. Ever since the England tour he looked like a player who understands that he can be the future of this batting lineup.

Even when the big players were giving up he still showed fight in England and Australia, and now that he's getting support, he is able to destroy a good bowling attack. Like that he has some fight to him, and doesn't seem too worried about what the Indian press will say about him.

I dont know if its posted before or not

Ganguly scored 183 in 1999 became captain in 2000
Dhoni Scored 183 in 2005 became captain in 2007
Kohli scored 183 today and he is surely the next captain :p

I dont know if its posted before or not

Ganguly scored 183 in 1999 became captain in 2000
Dhoni Scored 183 in 2005 became captain in 2007
Kohli scored 183 today and he is surely the next captain :p

Dhoni is unlikely to play all the games this year. It is too crowded. IPL, SL, SA, Champions, World cup, NZ, Eng, Aus. So he is definitely gonna captain one of them.

Wow just wow. Absolutely shocked after seeing the first innings. Fantastic batting from Pakistan, if someone offered this score before the 1st Innings I would take it. The openers brilliant, and middle order chipped in nicely.

I never liked or rated Kohli that highly, but since the Aus tour he is showing his class. I think I saw one of the best ODI innings ever. Didnt help that we seemed to be bowling the wrong line-lengths. And our bowling atm is probably the weakest in the last year or so considering the highs it had reached. Gul is still on off, Riaz and Cheema are ordinary bowlers considering the quality Pakistani bowlers generally are. Afridi has been off colour recently. Still feel that 9 times out of 10 we would defend this total even against India, just that today we came across a certain Virat Kohli.

Well played India, now ideally Bangladesh should beat the Lankans (fat chance) as that would be really funny for the Indian team. ;)

Good win by India, and very well played by Kohli and Sharma and Dinda did alright, though it still doesn't change the fact that the Indian bowling line-up is a mess, and if India want to be dead-set number one again they need to really sort it out. They can't rely on the batsmen to always chase the big scores down. Don't know if it is a domestic thing, but it is something which needs sorting out.

Users who are viewing this thread