Asia Cup March 2011/12

Incredible victory. In two games we took out the WC finalists. Now for the semi-finalist...

@rehan24 U should not think india bowler have to blame rather than tendulkar????for me bowling was bad rather batting..but really bangladesh deserve to be in the final they beat world champions and world cup runners up..but its strange before 1 year india were world champions now after a year they are not in the asia cup final

Well well, what a performance from Bangladesh in this tournament. I didn't give them much hope to make the final, even after beating India and coming close against Pakistan. I hope they can carry this form into their next overseas tour, they've had good preparation for this series coming off the BPL and India's confidence at an all-time low, and Sri Lanka not far behind.

Head to head rule works awful for a single round tournament, and that too when you just have 3 games. This is 2007 World Cup all over again for India. There are three sides that equally deserve a place in the final.

No need for a Bangladesh tour to India. We are already neck deep into cricket overkill. Just play out what games we have scheduled for now. No need for additional scheduling.
IMO, its better to have the current rule (where more no. of wins and head to head wins) are considered than NRR (I am not saying this because it could suit India, but truly)... Giving weightage to wins first, and then going to NRR is the better thing. Victories should always be considered more important.
Dude stop complaining. Bangladesh deserves to be in finals. They played well and this win will highly raise their spirits and confidence.

so, bangladesh beat sri lanka and a load of people can only talk about india?

well anyway, that was a pretty fantastic moment I thought, even though I've got sri lanka down as a followed team I've wanted BNG to do well for ages. they were a bit dicey at times but Nassir hossain certainly looks a find, played with real maturity for a 20 year old.

shakib is world class, and I've been impressed at the way iqbal has knocked himself back into form.

obviously pakistan are the big favourites but the confidence these wins should have given bangladesh should certainly bring out the best in them. they're not going into a big match thinking "we were a bit lucky" they've earned their spot with their performances in every innings this tournament and it's unquestionably deserved.

Dude stop complaining. Bangladesh deserves to be in finals. They played well and this win will highly raise their spirits and confidence.

Especially if they do well in the final. If they win then obviously it will be huge but if they end up losing but in a close game its still going to be a great tournament for them.

In a way my post was sarcastic but entirely I will have to say... India could on put a total more than 325 but Tendulkar went slow down and they just managed to do 289 against a weak bowling line up. Plus a very poor bowling from Pathan, Kumar and Dinda. Anyhow, thats history.

Pakistan are more likely to win Asia Cup :)

Last edited:

:lol It's Sai. His job is to whinge and be incredibly hypocritical.

I reckon everyone will be supporting Bangladesh, which is a bit unfair on Pakistan as they have played well, but everyone likes to see the underdog do well.

Also jeez, SL really have sucked, slightly better omens for England then :D

Great cricket from Bangladesh. Shakib and Tamim have really been very impressive and so has been the future star, Nasir. Truly deserving win! :clap

Very impressed with Shakib Al Hasan lately. Not many better all-rounders around these days.

If it was any team other than Pakistan I would have vouched for Bangladesh. But nah :p

Would have loved to play India again, but hey Bangladesh deserve their spot. Going to be a really tough game now.

----------

Nasir Hossain is probably the most sensible Bangladeshi batsman. Ever.

This:clap. height of Double Standards!

----------

I reckon everyone will be supporting Bangladesh, which is a bit unfair on Pakistan as they have played well, but everyone likes to see the underdog do well.

LOL, It aint unfair on Pak, even we, as Pakistanis will be rooting for Bangladesh. :thumbs

So what are the odds that Bangladesh subside to a meek defeat in the final?

Users who are viewing this thread