Asia Cup March 2011/12

Addy

National Board President
I am not too impressed with Junaids, cheemas, Talhas. Please bring in new pace sansation, but looks like selectors are more interested in tried and tested failures like Sami.

----------

Sami is on his way to make another comeback :facepalm

----------

Sami is on his way to make another comeback :facepalm

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
You are right in your view, I agree with most of this, But prolonging Misbah in the One Days and T-20's will none other than reducing our time of a long-run planning. He was never a One Day International and Twenty Twenty Material to be honest but there is a strange tradition in our country and culture that we can't have separate captains of each format, we as public cant just digest it and start making comparisons and eventually it all leads to a fuss in the end.

Lol I can see what you are saying too, but to make an effective transition from experience to youth you need a combination of both. If Misbah is out who do you want to take his place? Are we basically arguing his place as captain or a player? As mentioned I would have preferred Afridi, but Misbah has got results for him and the last series was the only exception. As a batsman we just dont have anyone capable of taking his spot.

Squad has been announced, glad to hear we are going with a full time keeper.

Hafeez
Jamshed/Ali
Shafiq
Misbah
Akmal
Azam
Afridi
Ahmed+
Gul
Ajmal
Cheema/Riaz

Prefer Riaz and Jamshed over the squads, this should be the lineup that starts. If the batting feels thin, bring in Younis, but I think in fairness they should do well. We got depth and decent quality in the batting just need to get in the right frame of mind. Whatmore should help

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
I am not too impressed with Junaids, cheemas, Talhas. Please bring in new pace sansation,

completely agree:thumbs

Considering the current odi form of our team, the chances of Pakistan even qualifying for the final are looking very thin.Batting as always is struggling,Spinners are not bowling to their standard,Not a healthy fast bowling attack and a pathetic fielding so Expect Pakistan to fail again in Asia Cup

SLICKR392

Club Captain
Lankans would be the favorite in the Asia cup. But I expect India to be dominant in the sub continent conditions.

Addy

National Board President
We don't have a firepower in the middle order, so chasing a big total has always been a struggle, with younis misbah shafiq and azhar, you can't think of chasing anything above 5 rpo. We would be relying heavyly on spin attack.
Anyways, Ajmal v Tendu contest will be mouth watering.

SLICKR392

Club Captain
I would be looking forward to Ajmal vs Gambhir. He is the best player of spin in the team..would be a tight contest.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sachin Tendulkar will score the 100th hundred against Pakistan on 17th March!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Lankans would be the favorite in the Asia cup. But I expect India to be dominant in the sub continent conditions.

India will definitely be a force. The way we vanquished Sri Lanka at Hobart with our batting, I would expect India to be dominant.

I am excited about the India-Pakistan clash. The Mumbai terror attack might have taken many lives and definitely condemn the people behind it, but the small good thing it has done is, it has brought back the spice in the India-Pakistan encounter (which was trudging fast towards overkill and a dilution of the rivalry).

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
sachin will get the 100th 100 againt bangladesh i know this as a fact

SLICKR392

Club Captain
Darn! Gonna miss Viru in the Asia Cup. The last time he played an ODI in the Sun continent..he scored a double ton!

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Darn! Gonna miss Viru in the Asia Cup. The last time he played an ODI in the Sun continent..he scored a double ton!

IMO, I less care because he failed miserably when we needed him the most. And before Yudi jumps up and hits back at my favorites (read Tendulkar), the same with him too (though Sachin scored a lot more runs in the ODI's and tests than Viru). And on such subcontinent wickets, we have so many guys who can score big and inflate their batting figures, so I wont miss Viru.

Addy

National Board President
I would be looking forward to Ajmal vs Gambhir. He is the best player of spin in the team..would be a tight contest.
another contest to watchout for, is Misbah vs The Run Rate :D I hope this time he doesn't make the mess of it.

SLICKR392

Club Captain
Wonder who would open in the place of Gauti and Tendulkar ?
There isn't an extra WK or an Opener. Rahane should have been considered in the squad. Its a shame to drop him.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Wonder who would open in the place of Gauti and Tendulkar ?
There isn't an extra WK or an Opener. Rahane should have been considered in the squad. Its a shame to drop him.

Since we don't have Rahane or Parthiv in the squad, India will open with Gambhir and Sachin.

As I have said before though that we can try Yusuf Pathan in the opening slot. If Jadeja is not getting any runs than we can surely try Yusuf at the top of the order as he can be a straight replacement with Sehwag.

Users who are viewing this thread