Asia Cup March 2011/12

couldn't resist. saw this somewhere:

"When Tendulkar makes a century, India looses the match. When Kohli makes a century, India are out of the tournament" :D

This is what happens when Sehwag is not a part of the team! ;)

---

Bangladesh has been awesome in this tournament. I hope that they win the final now, they truly deserve to win the Asia Cup. Bangladesh isn't an 'ordinary' side anymore.

How they deserve to win when they had lost to the pakistan in asia cup match. but no doubt they deserve to be in the final but for win they still have to beat 1 more team which is looking unlikely

How they deserve to win when they had lost to the pakistan in asia cup match. but no doubt they deserve to be in the final but for win they still have to beat 1 more team which is looking unlikely
They deserve to win for the determination they have shown throughout the tournament, something which Pakistan lacked in the all important match against India.

Congratulations to the Bangladesh team for reaching the finals:thumbs, their performance has been really good overall in the series, they are playing very positively and are showing a lot of determination, I hope the final is a close game, Bangladesh played well against Pakistan in their last game against them, may the best team win, but I hope its a close and exciting game.

Bangladesh have really outdone themselves today. In fact, they have outdone themselves and all our expectations throughout this entire tournament. I wouldn't be surprised by an upset in the final. I'm giving a slight edge to Pakistan in the final but if they win the toss they really have to bowl first.

They deserve to win for the determination they have shown throughout the tournament, something which Pakistan lacked in the all important match against India.

Yea we put our effort in it, but it really wasnt an "all important game" in terms of the context of the tournament. Whereas Bangladesh seem to be strengthening, I can honestly see chinks in our armour.

This is a real coming of age for Bangladesh I reckon. Granted both India and Pakistan are coming off bad series defeats and Sri Lanka have struggled but you still have to take your hats off to them.

^ Yeah I left my computer on and was on this site for the last 7 hours I think. What tent I am constructing my building for after the final. I'll stay on for 24 hours granted that we win.:p

I love it when people underestimate Bangladesh. We always play good. But if everyone overestimates us, like the WC, we play really bad.

I love it when people underestimate Bangladesh. We always play good. But if everyone overestimates us, like the WC, we play really bad.

That's why I asked a few pages back, what odds that Bangladesh subside in the final to a one sided defeat? Didn't want to crap on their parade, but as you said, whenever anyone expects them to build on initial progress they seem to take a giant leap backwards.

Hope it doesn't happen, and this isn't just another false dawn from a country that keeps promising so much at U19 levels.

Users who are viewing this thread