Australia and Pakistan in UAE

Marcus North has a very poor technique. Kinda weird given the circumstances of how he scored his maiden Test hundred.

aussie_ben91 added 1 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

On a sidenote, how good does Shane Watson look as a batsman? Can't believe all of the criticism he recieves.

Watson and clark have put on 27 more looking dangerous for Pakistan:D

Didn't know Australia were at one point 2-3. But Australia made a recovery and Pakistan need at least two wickets before Australia reaches 100 runs. Otherwhile it will be difficult to defend the small target.

Where is Younis Khan's big mouth now :rolleyes: he told, they will be thrashing us 5-0 :laugh. We won the series 3-1 with 1 match to play :p

Great partnership :banana2

I wont say Australia out played pakistan, but they did well.

I wont say Australia out played pakistan

Then? I never expected that batting from Pakistan side will be so poor.I thought that this Younis Khan will play a great role in making some big runs. But my thoughts were wrong. Misbah was struggling today. Afridi, though he knew that it was his responsibility during that batting powerplay, he got out in a poor and irresponsible way. :rolleyes:

Australia completely outplayed Pakistan in every department. In today's match, except for Watson's rusty fielding, Australia completely dominated and made its opponent clueless.:cool:

surendar added 1 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

Where is Younis Khan's big mouth now :rolleyes: he told, they will be thrashing us 5-0 :laugh. We won the series 3-1 with 1 match to play :p

Its too harsh for the side that was clueless against Lankans too. Ask the Aussie team to think of winning its first CB series first .. Then you can :banana2 hehe.. just kidding! :p

Bollinger what a star :) Looks like he has found his ODI form again and with that display might have found himself a permanent ODI spot. And at long last we have converted our starts, Clarke brilliant 100 and Watson steady 85.

Woooo :happy Eat your words Clarke and Watson haters :clap Nah that's a bit over the top, but these two boys played well, good on yas

I was very worried about our prospects in this series, but we have managed to take the title. The introduction of some hungry guys, like Bollinger and Watson for example, managed to offset the fatigue and poor form that was already in the squad.

Pakistan has every right to be disappointed with their batting though. I don't think the Aussies have bowled brilliantly, yet Pakistan have struggled getting 200, going past it only once in the series. Pitches have been tougher than usual, but some of the shots have been pretty silly.

Wooo... we finally won a series after long time :happy:happy

Well done to Clarke and Watson. Clarke looks like he's happy playing at no.4 and Watson also looks good as an opener.

Good bowling performance by Bollinger 5 wickets for him...Aus fianlly winning after quite some time...

I'm not sure why Clarke isn't regarded as a good ODI batsman. 42 average at 78 SR is pretty damn good in my books.

Good to see us finally win an ODI series, we've certainly learnt a fair bit too - that Clarke is a worthy captain, that Watson is a worthy opener, that Bollinger is a great ODI bowler and that Stuart Clark deserves another go in the shorter form too.

I think the key fact here is that Bollinger has quickly produced results that make a lot of recent bowling choices seem unjustified. It will be interesting to see what the selectors make of this in the forthcoming squads.

I wont say Australia out played pakistan, but they did well.

I would. Pakistan were well and truly beat and were completely outplayed.

This was the first game I've been able to watch most of in a long time. Enjoyed Clarke's batting and Bollinger was superb. Watson should stick around opening without a doubt.

Heh' - I wouldn't of picked Bollinger to take a ODI 5fer. Whilst he has been amazing in first-class cricket over the past 2-3 years, he has been equalling shocking in List-A cricket.

Also, Watson is god. His going to do a Matthew Hayden and score 27 Test hundreds after the age of 30. ;) - Amazing how he wasn't selected as an opener or a top-order player sooner, TBH. His been playing ODI cricket since 2002 and the majority of career has been in the lower-order (5 & lower) but when he has batted in the top 4 he has been superb.

@ 1-4: 23 innings, 4 not outs, 821 runs @ 43.21 - 1 hundred / 6 fifties
@ 5-11: 35 innings, 15 not outs, 597 runs @ 29.85 - 0 hundred / 2 fifties

Users who are viewing this thread