Story Australia In Bangladesh (ICC06) END OF THE GAME

Great batting by Bangaldesh! Left Australia a big chase to run down. Ponting using 7 bowlers is somthing different. Tait and Clarke were expensive! and wicketless! although Tait has 1 :p
Awesome story and keep it up.

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia - 2nd Test Match
Tea Interval - Day 4

Australia has started well in their 1st Session of the day, which was between lunch and the tea interval. Nearly 2 hours at the middle of the ground to see if they can peg back the Bangladesh score, and they have done a great job of it so far. Michael Clarke and Captain Ricky Ponting have given Australia a good start in this 4th day.

cricket2007042720394018we0.jpg

Michael Clarke has brang his great form against Bangladesh in the 1st Test Match and has made a great start to his 2nd Innings total. Already, just Australia has made 107, and Clarke has made 52 of that score. Has made the steadiest start i have ever seen for a while. He is not in a hurry to get the scoreboard ticking over, just playing his natural game and would be happy to get out the park and have a good long bat. Captain Ricky Ponting was also good. But was out played just 2 minutes before the Tea Break and lost concerntration and was caught behind by Hasan who has now taken 2 wickets in this match. Australia are now 107 for 2 with Clarke still at the crease.

cricket2007042720395080uo5.jpg

Spinner, A. Hasan has boosted away with 2 earely wickets of the Australians. 10 overs bowled, 1 Maiden oing for 41 runs and taking 2 wickets, is a little high on the run rate per over from him which is just over 4 an over, but has taken the 2 wickets, so that is something the Bangladesh side will be happy with.

cricket2007042720395574ki2.jpg

Good batting by Clarke and smart abtting too. Aussies should just keep up this pace and see what happens. Hasan has been the danger all through this test if you ask me.

Our batting order is not strong , hope Clarke and Roy can continue to bulid the pressure on Bangladeshi boewlers . nice presentation Roo :clap

Thanks for the comments guys. Am going off to play a game of footy now, hope we (Marong) win today. I will update sometime after the match

It all depends on Bangla spinners now.. 3 more wickets in another 50 runs, Aussies will be in trouble. Lets see what happens. But great fighting display by Bangladesh so far :)

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia - Test Match 2
End of Day 4

The Scoreboard shows that Australia have pegged back the Bangladesh score. And now only need 116 runs to win from the last day of play. 4 cruelling days this match has gone on for, and we are now needing the 5th day to decide what winner we are going to have. Day 4 had the spectacular performance by Michael Clarke who has opened the batting for Australia in these Test Matches this Tournament. Clarke, who had said himself he needs to perform, did on the 4th day of playing making 84 before he was dimissed. Things shape up to be a hell of a 5th day.

cricket2007042913193124cc5.jpg

As we said, it was Michael Clarke that thrilled Australia with a dominate performace in front of 20 thousand fans. Alot of those fans weren't Australian's, but who were her, really enjoyed Clarke's performace. Michael Clarke, the 26 year old, has a bright future for the Aussies, and today showed what he can do. 84 from 157 balls was a dominate display for the right handed batsmen. 8 four's were included in that performace for Clarke, and was really happy to being that high up. Clarke says "i really enjoying getting the freedom to bat at the top of the order, i can do my own thing, and since its a Test match, then we dont have a limit to worry about like the One Day matches. I just go out there and try my best for the team, and hope i can perform". Clarke was eventually bowled by Hasan who has now taken all 3 of Bangladesh's wickets. Clarke would be dissapointed in not making a ton, but would be happy for what he did make.
Andrew Symonds and Michael Hussey will continue the batting for Australia in the final day of the Test Match, with Symonds on 46 and Hussey just coming to the crease, on 19.

cricket2007042913194178fb0.jpg

Not much to celebrate for Bangladesh at the moment, Australia are playing right on top of them att the moment. But bowler, A. Hasan has been brilliant in the bowling attack, taking all 3 of Bangladesh's wickets for the 2nd Test Match. Hasan has bowled 22 overs, 3 Maidens , 68 runs and taking 3 wickets, which is just over 3 runs per over, which would get him really conifdent in the near future.
Bangladesh will need more from other bowlers if they are going to have any chance against Australia in the Final day.

cricket2007042913194515ix9.jpg

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia - 2nd Test Match
Lunch Interval

Australia have got this match in the bag. With just 29 runs needed with 6 wickets in hand, and with Hussey and Gilchrist at the crease at the lunch break, Australia should make this quick for the Bangladeshians and let them think about how good this Australian team is. Led by Clarke and Symonds, Australia are 296 for 4 at the lunch break on day 5, and only need 29 runs to win.

cricket2007042914335860pu4.jpg

Like we said, it was led by Clarke in day 4, and now Andrew Symonds has stepped to the plate on day 5. Just playing a few minutes in day 4, and now playing the 1st session in the 5th day, Symonds has notched up his half century. Symonds then went on to make 73, before he chipped a ball back to the bowler, which was Hossain at the time, and he took an easy catch, and the Australian fans got on their feet as Symonds came off the ground. A wonderful innings from Symonds, has set up the Aussies for their 2nd win against Bangladesh in this Tournament so far.
Michael Hussey also notched up his half century in a short time. Hussey is still at the crease as we speak, and will be looking to come out of lunch and finish the job for the Australian's, with Gilchrist now up the other end and only needing 29 runs to win, it will be a quick session after lunch we can guarntee that.

cricket2007042914340402kg1.jpg

Only the 1 wicket was taken in the 1st session of day 5. Somehting the Bangladesh side wouldn't of liked. They would of hoped for alot more than just the 1 wicket which was to Hossain who bowled and caught Andrew Symonds just before the lunch break. Hasan bowled another 10 overs but couldnt find a wicket and still sits on 3. Not much to celebrate for the Bangladesh side.

cricket2007042914340707wr7.jpg

Game, set and match : Aussies. Bangladesh slipped the match in fourth innings :( Nice presentation Roo :clap

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia - Test Match 2
End of Game

Australia has again overcome a big score posted by Bangladesh, and have come from behind again to win their 2nd Test Match this year. Thanks to Symonds and Clarke, Australia over took Bangladesh quiet easily. 3 wickets Australia won by, but it was good by Bangladesh to get 3 wickets in the space of 30 minutes.

cricket2007042917121720fz8.jpg

The score wasnt really much updated since the lunch time break. Michael Clarke 84, Andrew Symonds 73 and Michael Hussey 73, were all the best for Australia. All 3 men have been down on form lately, so it would be good for all 3 players to spend time in the middle and score a big total. Clarke opened the batting, and had alot of time to play his own game and had the freedom that he has always wanted. Symonds and Hussey, 2 middle order players, also had alot of time to play their own game and feel like what they wanted to play like. Brett Lee and Mitchell Johnson finished the match of for the Aussies, with debutant Mitchell Johnson hitting the winning runs.

cricket2007042917120004tp5.jpg

Not much to celebreate for Bangladesh. They scored a massive score, but they couldnt stop the great Australian side from pegging back and winning. A. Hasan was Bangladesh's best bowler, taking 5 wickets. Bowling 40 overs, was fearless of the great Aussie batting line-up. 7 Maidens and going for 111 runs, but the 5 wickets was the main part. Only Rafique and Hossain took wickets for Bangladesh.

cricket2007042917120418zt3.jpg

Australia have now won 2 of 2 Test Matches. Both teams, Australia and Bangladesh will now play each other in One Day matches, which will be alot different to the Test Matches. Australia had won the 1st Test Match by 6 wickets, while they beat Bangladesh by 3 wickets which was a much closer and better game.

cricket2007042917122493sg8.jpg

Roy and Clarke again played a sensible knock , whcih give them a victory over Bangladesh by 3 wickets , Bngla also played a great cricket but not lucky enough to grab it . great story and presentation Roo

thewrapuphv7.jpg

Hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome to the wrap up just after the amazing Test Match with Australia beating Bangladesh by 3 wickets. I am Mark Nicholas and i am joined by old Australian player Michael Slater, and Slates, what a great match we have witnessed over the last 5 days.

Michael Slater: Well thankyou Nicks, and yeah we have witnessed a great match over the last week or so. Australia has showed they are the best team going around, no matter what score they have to face. They faced, what nearly 300 runs every time and yet they still somehow won both matches. Bangladesh was really good, alot of people who of thought they would of got smashed in both matches, but they really came out and suprised alot of people. Loosing the 1st Test quiet easily, loosing by 6 wickets, but this 2nd Test was a good one for the team only loosing by 3 wickets in the end.

MN: Yes, well you said that Bangladesh came out and suprised everyone, there were alot of Bangladesh fans at the ground on each day in this 2nd Test, the 1st Test was kinda quiet towards the crowd way, but it was very loud at the end of the 2nd Test here. Now Slates, what did you enjoy most about these Test matches, was it the great Aussie batting, or the great bowling of Bangladesh who have really stepped up and performed.

MS: Well like you said, this has been arguably one of the best Test Matches i have seen, thats in my own opinion. Bangladesh being a weaker side, and Australia being the number 1 ranked team in the world, everyone was expecting a wash out, (which we did have, but not as big as we thought) But Bangladesh did play really well in many eyes. Not many individual perofrmances in the end, it was just a great team effort by the Bangladesh side. The thing that really made me enjoy their play, was their fielding, they were really tight and tough in the field, which made Australia consious about going for the big hits and for the singles mainly, goes they knew, if they ran, then there would of been a Bangladesh player throwing at the stumps sdtraight away.

MN: Well for Australia, Matthew Hayden was exellent for the Aussies, and he joins us in the studio, and Matty welcome.

Hayden: Thanks boys, thanks for having me.

Nicholas: No problem, not Haydos, a great win out there today and all over the 2 Tests.

Hayden: Well yeah, we needed to come out and play some good cricket. With new coach, and without Pigeon, everyone would of been worried about the way we would perform over the next few years. Lucky for us, we have alot of good bowling options now, with Brett Lee taking the main number 1 bowling place, and with Watson, Clark, Tait and youngster Mitchell Johnson being our quicks. Michael Clarke and Simmo got alot of good bowling in these 2 Tests match, they have come along way in their bowling and having some good time, and more importantly picking up the wickets.

Slater: Well like Hayden said, we have a look at Clarke's bowling efforts, this is what he made throughtout the tournament. He bowled 39 overs, going for 114 runs and took 5 wickets throughout the tournament. And we go to Simmo, bowled 38 overs, going for 86 runs and taking 5 wickets, so basically the same sort of stats for both men.

Nicholas: Now Haydos, you yourself looked in great form in these 2 Matches. Now your totals for both Matches were... You played both Matches, you played 4 Innings. A combined total of 142 runs and the highest score of 84 runs. and making only 1 50 for the tournament. So your form looked good, how did you feel?

Hayden: Yeah, well it was about time that i played back to my best. I did have alot of freedom out in the middle in both matches. I had both Gilly and Clarkey to bat with, so i really enjoyed it. I didnt really play all that well really actually in my own mind, but i did feel better than what i have over the past year, so hopefully now, we have the ODI's coming up, so hopefully myself and Gilly can get Australia back into the great team we are and set out good scores for our team.

Nicholas: Well thankyou for joining us Matt, and we wish you well for the up-coming One Day Matches for the Tournament.

Hayden: Thanks guys

Slater: Well Australia played some good cricket, and here is the player by player stats.

sclarkeat5.jpg

pontingbe0.jpg

haydenfe2.jpg

12443522tz6.jpg

watsonpv3.jpg

simmoyc7.jpg

I see, Bangladesh almost got it... Aussies just made by 3 wickets. Well done Banglades :p Btw, fantastic presentation Roo :clap

Both Australia and Bangladesh after having to play 2 cruelling Test Matches, will now come back and play each other, but this time they will play each other in One Day International's.

Up-Coming Fixtures for Australia

23 April 2009 - 1st One Day International - Bangladesh vs Australia
26 April 2009 - 2nd One Day Internation - Bangladesh vs Australia
28 April 2009 - 3rd One Day International - Bangladesh vs Australia

Users who are viewing this thread