Story Australia In Bangladesh (ICC06) END OF THE GAME

Good story, one critism would be the sky sports skin, its so hard to read and look at becasue of the bright blue, do you get a headache every time you play, because i would :(

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia (1st Test - End of Day 3)

Partnership Kills Bangladesh

Ricky Ponting and Michael Clarke has killed Bangladesh in the last 2 hours of play in the Test Match. A 85 run partnership from Ponting and Clarke only now needs Australia 51 runs to win. Ricky Ponting has gave Bangladesh a real lesson. Ponting made his 50 from 98 balls, and has been only out in the middle for 114 minutes. Smashing the ball around, hitting 6 fours for the match. A strike rate of 51. It was just a dominate display from Ponting, and alot of help from Clarke up the other end knocking around the ball around alot aswell.
Clarke is 40 not out at the end of day 3 from 78 balls and knocking around 3 boundaries aswell, just looked really dominat at the crease. Ponting has faced 120 balls, and is now 53 not out at the end of day 3.

cricket2007040614183468er2.jpg

cricket2007040614191402td4.jpg

cricket2007040614175741lh4.jpg

Matthew Hayden was the only wicket that fell in the last session of day 3 which was a great ball from Rafique, who took 4 wickets in the 1st Innings, and has done the damage again with the wicket of Hayden. Hayden making 17 runs from 59 balls and hitting the 1 boundary. He really looked good with Gilchrsit when they both were in, but now both players have been dismissed, but that hasnt worried Australia one little bit. Australia only needs 51 runs to win, and now are 155 for 2 at the end of day 3. And now have day 4 to chase down 51 runs

cricket2007040614190974qa3.jpg

cricket2007040614190472ql8.jpg

cricket2007040614185666sm6.jpg

Ponting and Clarke looking to end this drama soon :)

I expected a lot from Bangla bowlers...:mad: It seems the game, set and match : Aus!

Simbazz said:
Good story, one critism would be the sky sports skin, its so hard to read and look at becasue of the bright blue, do you get a headache every time you play, because i would :(
Lol, umm nah not really i guess, i hardly notice it now, but yeah once i first downloaded it, it was a bit hard to read, but like i said, i hardly notice it now.

Australia on course for another good win. Nice work Roo :)

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia (Test Match 1)

Australia wrap a good win

Michael Clarke was the 2nd Australia player to make his half century in this match against Bangladesh. Ponting and Clarke really killed Bangladesh today, with both men making the 50. Ponting looked more dangerous but his wicket fell just a few minutes into day 4, but then Clarke really took over. Making his 50 from 105 balls, and after 130 brutal mintues out in the middle, Clarke finally achieved a 50. With a strike rate of 48.14 which is good for his form of late.
Clarke was lucky on the one occasion with a played shot that Clarke had a go at, but just pulled back the bat with a millisecond to go and the ball went back to the keeper, but the umpire said he didnt hear a knick and Clarke if got a little bit of bat on ball, would of been in trouble.

cricket2007040810504962gq5.jpg

Australia only needed 6 players to chase down the 206 runs that were needed from Bangladesh to win this match. And what 6 great quality players we did have chasing down that score. Adam Gilchrist got the ball rolling with a 32 run innings from just 40 balls. Matty Hayden was dissapointing after a good 1st innings only making 17 from 59, very below his average.
Ricky Ponting was arguably the best player of the Innings. From 125 balls, hit 58 before he went out on the last day, bowled by Rafique with a great spin bowl. Smashing 7 fours was the highlight though, every four Ponting hit, it was a smash.
But it was Michael Clarke that also killed Bangladesh early. 124 balls faced, and making a 56 run innings and not being out at the end of the Innings was just a great start of his Tournament in Bangladesh. Andrew Symonds was brilliant when Ponting was dismissed. Just 40 balls faced though, but Symonds hit 5 boundaries during that time and made a quick 29 runs which was handy and helped Australia to the win. Symonds was unlucky to be out caught by Rahim the keeper, and then not much pressure was on Michael Hussey as he only made 1 run and it was Clarke that got Australia the win.

cricket2007040810530916dm0.jpg

The Bangladesh bowlers were dissapointing after their great start in the 1st Innings. Not many bowlers were great in the 2nd Innings and really lost the game for Bangladesh in the end. Hossain only took the 1 wicket after taking 3 in the 1st Innings, Rafique who also took 3 wickets in the 1st Innings was again Bangladesh's best bowler taking 2 wickets. Hasan was the only other bowler to have taken a wicket. Which was very dissapointing in the end for Bangladesh.

cricket2007040810531355ue3.jpg

The game was dominated by Australia in the end. Their run rate was always above the Bangladesh's run rate. Ponting and Clarke were the main recipents for this, but when you think about it, Bangladesh really domainted Australia in the 1st Innings, so who knows what will happen in the 2nd Test Match that will be shown right here on Sky Sports in a few days time, but for now, we say goodbye from us here at Sky Sports and you will be joined by Mark Nicholas and Michael Slater for the Wrap Up.

cricket2007040810531991yj5.jpg

cricket2007040810533866gc7.jpg

cricket2007040810534884ak0.jpg

thewrapupfk9.jpg

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia (Test match 1)

Mark Nicholas: Well hello ladies and gentlemen and welcome back to the Wrap up. I am your host Mark Nicholas and i am joined by ex Australia player Michael Slater and Slates what a game we turned out to be seeing.

Michael Slater: Yeah well it really was wasnt it? I mean Australia played brilliantly in the last 2 days of play when it really counted. Bangladesh were brilliant early with both the bat and the ball werent they, i think that they really impressed in this Test Match and is going to be interesting in what they will try next Test against Australia in the next coming days.

Nicholas: Yeah well Bangladesh did suprise alot of people out their this afternoon and throughout the whole 4 days, but Australia really got back to the dominat team they used to be. I really thought that Bangladesh played better with the ball, even thought they made scores in the batting Innings that the Aussies needed to chase down, but they were much better with the ball and when Australia was having to chase down their score. Not so much in the 2nd Innings when Australia just got on top, but in the 1st Innings, they really handled the pressure immensly, and stuck to their task well, and thats probably something Australia and Warne will need to watch out for in the next couple of games against Bangladesh in this Tournament.

Slater: You know what Mark, i will tell you this. Rafique for Bangladesh was eaily their best player. What a Test this man had. Really gave it to the Aussies in the bowling pregade. He really showd Bangladesh the way to play against Australia. Really hard at the batsman, trying a few varieties of balls, the slower ball was a highlight for Rafique as he played the slower ball so many times and really made Australia struggle for a while when he was bowling. He was a great contributor for Bangladesh in the loss to Australia and will be looking towards him to helping them succed in the not so far future.

Nicholas: Yes well Rafique did play well for Bangladesh, but we think that Michael Clarke was the player of the Test, and we have Michael in the studio with us now, so Michael first of all congradulations on the win, and 2nd of all, congradulations on being this Matches best player.

Michael Clarke: Thanks Mark and Michael

Nicholas: Now, you had good times with the bat and the ball in the match, which did you feel like you had more effectivness on?

Clarke: Well to be honest, i didnt really see any of them being an advantage to myself. I mean i love batting, everyone loves to have a bat and make some good scores, but then again to have a bowl, is pretty fun aswell. Like usually in a Test Match myself and a few others like Symonds wouldn't get a bowl. We only would have one in the one day matches, but Warney had confidence in us, and gave us both atleast 20 overs to bowl throughout the whole Series, and i think that we both bowled pretty well for 2 players that rarely get to bowl in Test Matches.

Slater: Well you certainly did bowl well. It says here that you got 1 wicket in the 1st Innings and 2 in the 2nd? You would love just to have that freedom of bowling in a Test Match, wouldnt you?

Clarke: Well yeah like i said before, everyone loves to have a bowl, wether it be a Test match or an ODI match, it is fun and good practice to always have a bowl. And like i said, if i can get a wicket in the time that i bowl, then thats just a bonus in the end really. I think Warne has tried myself and Symonds to bowl in these kind of matches to see and get us better for the One Day matches and that is where we are both used more. Us 2 and mainly Brad Hogg get used as Australia's main spinners. Hogg is our main spinner by a long way, but it is also good for Symonds and I to have that freedom of getting a bowl and see if we can get some wickets for our team.

Nicholas: Now lets get onto the batting side of things. You just dominated the play. I watched you personally throughout the match and you just looked so comfortable out in the middle, and even in the 1st Innings when things were tight, you just looked like you were enjoying yourself out in the middle.

Clarke: Yeah well you know, i was enjoying myself. There is no better feeling in cricket then having a bat, Umm, i think that i am in good form at the moment, i am certainly enjoying my cricket which is a bonus for me, and that makes me feel better about myself and makes me more importantly to play better cricket aswell.
I dont think i played all that good in the 1st Innings, in fact i only made 12 runs for the 1st Innings, so i was pretty dissapointed with that effort, but myself and Punter made a bet before the days play and that was to be there together at the end of the match holding the bats up to the crowd. Unfortunately Punter didnt keep that promise, but funnily enough i did. I enjoyed playing with Punter in the middle and the end of the Test Match their, he is a great player there is no doubt about that, arguably the best batsman in the world, and in my case, is the best batsman in the world. But i just did what i could do for the team and Punter done what he could do with the team and we just got over the line.

Nicholas: Well thankyou Michael, and well done on winning the Man of the Match award with thanks to Crazy Johns and Vadafone you win 2,000 dolllars and a Player Medallion, so thankyou for joining us on the Wrap Up and look forward to seeing you play in the next Test Match against Bangladesh soon.

Clarke: Thanks guys.

Slater: Well Ladies and Gentlemen, throughout the match we had 1 memeber of the Sky Sports team walking around the ground to get the crowd's point of view on the game. There was alot of responses throughout the match. And i will tell you, some of these responses were back on the 1st day and all the way throughout the Match.

Kookaburra: Even match so far i would have to say
- Javed Omar going along nicely. Hope he can carry on and make a century.
- Bangl bowled out cheaply. Aussies will be looking for a huge lead.
- Great bowling by the Bangladeshies, hope they can turn things around with the bat though.
- Come on Bangla just 9 more wickets!
- Well played both teams, congrad's Aussies

Surendar: Good batting from Bangladesh
- I feel its too short to bowl to both batsman by Shane Watson
- Aussies bowlers have done a good job to make Warne happy.
- Really those short pitched deliveries should have been smashed for 6's. Bangladesh's spin attack going to make tough for Aussies.
- Come on Bangla! First 50 runs matters. If Aussies loose 50/4 or 50/5, Bangla would surley win or doesnt matter if 100/7 also.
- I expected alot from Bangla bowlers... It seems the game, set and match : Aus!

Feelin Blues? - Evenly Poised match.
- Nice stuff by Aussies. Lets hope we can press and dominate this game!.
- Unfortunate for Gilly to get out so early.
- Shocking stuff by Aussies! Bangladesh bowling absolutley marvouless. Dissaponting by the middle order men. Australia could lose this game horricly unless Clark and Tait can get a good partnership.
- Aussies did good but then Bangladesh lower order batsman saved them. 206 might be tougher than it sounds because Bangladesh did good in the 1st Innings.

Aus5892: Im suprised to see Gilly opening in Tests, perhaps a cracking start would be good for the Aussies.
- Come on Aussies, good bowling.

Jaztheman: Unlucky Bangla's

World Champions: Bangla got all down for 188 (Laugh)
- Gilly again dissapointed me. Hayden lookes in good form along with Punter.
- Poor cricket from us. Bangladesh on fire.
- Great start from Lee. Few more wickets and Bangla will be in trouble.
So we can expect 150-170 will be the target for us.
- I hope this will be an easy task for us.
- Ponting and Clarke looking to end this drama soon.

Etho11: Shame the Aussies couldnt do too well.

Left Hander: If Australia keep applying the pressure here they will get Bangladesh out for a low score.
- Australia back doing what they do best - Winning
- 206 to win will be difficult because batting in this game has been difficult so far.
- Australia looking set for another win.
- Australia on course for another good win.

Hooper: Aus should get these runs, not a bad start from Gilly.

Slater: Well their you have it, and thankyou to all the supporters in the crowd that followed this match. And we are looking forward to having Crowd talk throughout the season. And now it is goodbye from myself and Nicholas.

Once again i will repeat, " I expected a lot from Bangla in the end " :( Anyways, i can see the danger signs to Aus from Bangla :D

surendar said:
Once again i will repeat, " I expected a lot from Bangla in the end " :( Anyways, i can see the danger signs to Aus from Bangla :D

Bangla is a good side now :) they played good cricket but they lost :p

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia (Test Match 2)

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen and welcome to the 2nd Test with Bangladesh hosting Australia. And both teams will be looking for a win here. Australia took the honours in the 1st Test Match just 3 days ago. They have made 1 change to the side Australia, with Nathan Bracken coming out of the side, with a back injury and will miss the next 3 weeks with this certain injury. With youngster Mitchell Johnson coming into the side. Now Johnson is making his Test debut for Australia. Alot like Bracken, is a left hand bowler, very quick and accurate. Like i said, making his Test Debut out their this afternoon and is liekly to have a good bowl in the innings this afternoon. That is the only change for the Aussies and Bangladesh havent changed their team from last week.

cricket2007040912465227lz0.jpg

The Toss
Australia were the callers for the toss and Ponting picked Tails, the coin shows heads, and Bangladesh will have a bat 1st. Just like the 1st Test back in Darkaha. Australia will be bowling first and seeing if they can get Bangladesh out quickly for a low score again. Brett Lee will be looking to lead Australia in the bowling pregade again. And now we are joined by Mark Nicholas, Michael Slater, Richie Beanu and Tony Greig at the ground in Chittagong for the teams running out onto the ground, i hope you enjoy this upcoming Test Match between Bangladesh and Australia.

cricket2007040912471582dl9.jpg

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh Vs Australia - Test Match 2

Brett Lee strikes again

Australian's openiing bowler Brett Lee has striked early in the 2nd Test Match against Bangladesh. Just 5 overs into the match, Lee took his wicket. Brett Lee and Staurt Clarke have opened the bowling for Australia again and now being named the number 1 bowler for Austrlia since Glenn McGrath retired, Brett Lee is showing the Aussie fans why they should think he is the best bowler in the Australian side. Just 5 overs into the match Lee took his wicket, with Lee bowling 3 of those 5 overs, with 1 Maiden only going for 2 runs and taking the important wicket of Omar.
Stuart Clark has been the worst of the 2 so far. 2 overs bowled going for 11 runs, just under 6 runs an over by Clark not a good start at all, and now with the wicket should be looking to follow Lee into the good bowling attack.

cricket2007040917345547ao4.jpg

Omar goes Cheaply

Javed Omar is the resipeient of the wicket to Brett Lee just 5 overs into the match. Lee who pitched a good length ball, Omar went to play but totally missed timed the ball and the ball went past the batsman and went straight through the stumps at 150k an hour. Omar who started well with 9 runs early in the 5 overs, was looking to have another good match against the Aussies like he produced in the 1st Test Match, but he couldnt find that form again and is now back the pavillion regreting to playing that ball like he did.

Still to Bat

bangladeshstilltobatuh4.jpg

cricket2007040917344737gf6.jpg

Yes Clarke was worst so far.. But bangla lost an wicket too early.. Lets hope for a 100 runs partnership :)

Users who are viewing this thread