Story Australia In Bangladesh (ICC06) END OF THE GAME

Australia in Bangladesh

Bangladesh vs Australia - Test Match
Day 2

Stuart Clark helps Australia

Stuart Clark has helped Australia too a resaonable score. Australia looked in trouble when there middle order crashed into a heap, but it was the bowlers or tail enders that really helped Australia. The likes of Stuart Clark and Shaun Tait, put on a good partnership to put Australia back in position. With Nathan Bracken out of the picture injured, Australia would need some more from their tail enders to fill his position with the bat. Shaun Tiat played well, for his 12 runs, he was the last batsman to go, by lBW by Rafique who has now taken 4 wickets for Bangladesh.

But it was Staurt Clark that got Australia back. 65 balls faced, 4 boundaries and 31 runs later, Clark the tallest man in the Australian team, played like a top order batsman. Would of been told by Warne before he enterned the ground, to smack the ball around and use your power to hit the boundaries and see if you can get us back into the match. And thats exacly what he did. Some good shots. Most of his shots were on the on side, but there was one occasion that he might of been called out, with a LBW decision, but the umpire didnt call it, and Clark survived another day. 15 shots were to the fast infield, and just 5 were to the slow outfield, so Clark did his homework during the fielding positions earlier yesterday morning. Clark was out on the ground for 90 minutes and really enjoyed and dominated his time on the field.

sclark2cn8.jpg

Stuart Clark helps Australia to a score

Stuart Clark's Wagon wheel and Spider
cricket2007040221154315to9.jpg

Australia are now just behind by 6 runs, as many would of thought they should and easily be ahead at this stage of the match but it was great bowling from the Bangladesh players, ecspecially from 3 certain players. Hossain, Hasan and Rafique all taking 3 wickets each. So to sum up the score, Bangladesh lead by 6 runs, just as Bangladesh come out for their 2nd innings with the bat.

cricket2007040221155151sc8.jpg

cricket2007040221152480kp6.jpg

cricket2007040221153283se8.jpg

Karachi Xpress said:
Nice story and great presentation! WHere did u find this sky overlay? I have a brighter version!
Thanks mate. I got this Overlay from the ICC 06 forum. There area few in there but couldnt get all of them to work. If yours looks better i would like to have a look at it.

And fir all you guys that are following this story, i will be away for today and tomorrow, as i will be on small holidays, i probably still get a chace to be on PC, but i wont be able to acces my story until probably late tomorrow night or early thursday morning, so bare with me

I actually can do my story tonight, as i bought my latptop with me :p
So updates coming soon

Great news Roo :D can't wait

Roofrom50 said:
I actually can do my story tonight, as i bought my latptop with me :p
So updates coming soon

Thats a very good news :) waiting for the updates Roo :happy

Actually it will be tomorrow night guys as i cant acces my story from my laptop as it is running very very slow at the moment, and i am using a different and more faster computer, so yeah have to wait till tomzo night

Australia In Bangladesh

Bangladesh vs Australia - Test Match 1

Brett Lee rips open Top order

Australia's Brett Lee has once again done the job for Australia in the bowling sense. Bangladesh are 56 for 3 at Tea in the 2nd day of the 5 days Test Match. H. Bashar and R. Saleh have continued the Bangladesh on slought both being not out at the tea interval and looking strong. Bashar is 22 not out and Saleh is 13 not out. Saleh is looking to continue his good innings from his 1st with a 26 innings in the 1st. Banglaesh now have a good lead coming into the final session for the days play, leading Australia overall by 62 runs.

bleeee0.jpg

Brett Lee rips through Bangladesh's top order

But it was Brett Lee that was the man of the moment. Lee who took 3 wickets for 41 in Australia's 1st bowling innings, has now nearly already beaten that total, with 2 early wickets in the 2nd Innings as Australia bowls. Lee has got figures of 2 for 28 which gives him total of 5 wickets for the Match, and his not over yet. Lee has bowled 8 overs just going at 3 and a half runs per over. Stuart Clark is the other player to have taken a wicket which was of M. Islam with the guidance of Captain Ricky Ponting who took a marvelous catch at 2nd Slip. Brett Lee has been right on the money with his bowling this evening, LBW's Omar and with the guidance of Matty Hayden who takes the cacth of Nafees early in the Innings.

pontingyc6.jpg

Ponting takes a cracker of a catch and now celebrates

Bangladesh really needs a good partnership from Bashar and Saleh to stay in this match as i cant see Australia coming back from around 200, Bashar looks in good form out in the middle at the moment, hitting 4 boundaris from 48 balls. But Australia look in the box seat at the moment, with only the middle order and tail enders to come, and Australia will be looking to have a bat early tomorrow morning or just after lunch.

cricket2007040222414888bj4.jpg

cricket2007040222415949cy9.jpg

cricket2007040222420585da5.jpg

Great start from Lee :clap , few more wickets and Bangla will be in trouble :)

If Australia keep aplying the pressure here then they will get Bangladesh out for a low score.

Australia in Bangladesh
Bangladesh vs Australia - Test Match 1

Australia peg back at the end of day 2

Australia have pegged the match back a bit with wickets at the end of the Day 2's play. It was Australia's quicks again, Shaun Tait and Shane Watson that got Australia going again after Brett Lee dominated the 1st few overs. Brett Lee was good as we all know before the Tea break with 2 quick wickets to get Australia back on track, But it was Australia's other quicks that did the damage. Shane Watson and Shaun Tait continued after the tea break with Shane Watson being the better taking 2 wickets just like Lee did earlier, but he only went for 16 runs in the end. Watson has now finished for the day you would think as Australia would get Lee and Clark back into the attack early tomorrow morning to try and get those 3 wickets Australia need to bowl out Bangladesh. Bangladesh have been very dissapointing in their 2 Innings so far, with only making 188 in the 1st one and now 125 for 7 in the 2nd. H. Bashar was Bangladesh's best so far in their 2nd Innings making 26 before Watson took the crucial wicket.

Australia fans havent had much to celebrate to as of late. But Matthew Hayden gave them something to be excited about. Hayden as a good fielder as he is, gave the Aussies fans something to cheer about. Shaun Tait was bowling to Rahim, and Rahim played the shot badly, and got a massive edge onto the ball. Australia had 2 slips in place, Hayden and Ponting, with Hayden at 2nd. The ball was a away from Hayden where 3rd slip would of been but Australia didnt have one in place. Hayden divde to his right and took a one handed catch which got Australia alight. Easily one of the catches of the match and probably so far in the year.

haydencatchfu6.jpg

Matthew Hayden takes a marverlous catch and Teamates havent even noticed in the background

cricket2007040417122752wb0.jpg

cricket2007040417123976jq3.jpg

cricket2007040417124863th5.jpg

etho11 said:
Once again great work mate didnt you go away?
I did, but i took my laptop along. I had nothothing to do in the car, and it was like a 4 hr trip lol. And yeh i am back now, so just updatin the story :D

So we can expect 150-170 will be the target for us :)

Users who are viewing this thread