Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
The English media certainly has no problem playing mind games. Just have to ask Ronald!
Surprised Strauss rates Bollinger based on his ODI effort, hard to gague much from that. Symonds has the x-factor which the English fear but too inconsistent and gone off the rails one too many times.

It is indeed mind games. Ponting wouldn't really care too much as he has no say in the make-up of the England side. He's just having a dig for the sake of it. Its a shame McGrath isn't there to give his trademark whitewash prediction.
Can't wait for the Ashes battle to begin.

The lead up to this Ashes has been one of the most uneventful in recent history. Warne and McGrath are sorely missed.

It's been massive over here.
As in war of words. I know people are pretty excited about the event as such. But unlike last time, when mcGrath famously predicted a 5-0 whitewash, no such stuff this time around.

As in war of words. I know people are pretty excited about the event as such. But unlike last time, when mcGrath famously predicted a 5-0 whitewash, no such stuff this time around.
Well we've had the ex-players going at it. Bob Willis saying Andrew McDonald is Ronald McDonald, etc.

In fact David Lloyd said "I see Hauritz has been included, that means they've got no spinners".

Has hardly fluttered any feathers. The absence of big names is a bit disconcerting this time aroung. The only biggies this time around are Ponting and Pietersen and probably Flintoff (if he plays)

Hauritz will be use to copping it, one of our former players called him Horritz.
The only player that could cause the sort of banter that Warne and McGrath did is KP. But he seems to have kept out of the media.

Precamb, perhaps from your end it has been uneventful, if you lived in England or Australia you might notice it a bit more.

Sky's billboards advertising their high definition package uses a picture of Freddie Flintoff celebrating and the line "Aussie wickets. Now even sweeter". :)

We'll see...I reckon Englands wickets are cream cakes at the moment. So lets see it.

Yeah, Ive been AWOL but I'm back to give more b.s to all these Pommy geezers like 06/07. Will be my honour, and if me, Hooper has a say in anything around here then it will be a very heated Ashes series....

I hope the mods don't be gay and ban you again. That would just ruin the Ashes.

Users who are viewing this thread