Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
Well as far as Bowling is concerned, Australia's reformed bowling attack is very decent. But it is missing spin, but that pace line up is very strong. The only thing England have over them in bowling department is a better spin bowler. No need to mention that Swann is a far more better bowler than Hauritz, even Dilshan spins the ball better than Hauritz. The Pitches tend to act slower and slower as game progresses in grounds like Edgbaston. I still presume that Hoggard would be good choice over Anderson. I know that is not going to happen for sure but still i don't remember when Anderson won a test match for England last time against a decent side.

Australia are rubbish. Hughes is a 1 season wonder who's going to get dominated by Stuart Broad. The Australian bowling attack are awful and been made look better than they actually are by the rubbish South Africans, especially Siddle who's gash. Pietersen is a better all-round cricketer than anyone to ever play for Australia. Ravi Bopara's going to continue his run of hundreds, scoring 5 hundreds in 5 Ashes innings, with England winning 4 out of 5 Tests by an innings, with 1 10 wicket victory in the final Test. It's going to be a series dominated by England and will end with a historic 5-0 victory.

Seeing as Glenn's not giving us his prediction yet, thought I'd give my unbiased view of how I see the series going......:spy

and Vaibhav, give over. Anderson's been England's best bowler for the last 12 months, there is no way in hell he should be replaced by Hoggard. Anderson's a far better swing bowler.

Last edited:
and Vaibhav, give over. Anderson's been England's best bowler for the last 12 months, there is no way in hell he should be replaced by Hoggard. Anderson's a far better swing bowler.

Not really. I don't think he is been England's best bowler since Broad has bowled with more intensity and class in past 12 months. Anderson has got 128 wickets, out of those 60 times he got batsman coming to number 6 or below. I know this figure alone doesn't prove anything against him solidly but surely that proves his capability. I don't have anything personal against him, but after seen Onions, i believe that moving toward next would be good option for England rather than stuck to Anderson.

Not really. I don't think he is been England's best bowler since Broad has bowled with more intensity and class in past 12 months. Anderson has got 128 wickets, out of those 60 times he got batsman coming to number 6 or below. I know this figure alone doesn't prove anything against him solidly but surely that proves his capability. I don't have anything personal against him, but after seen Onions, i believe that moving toward next would be good option for England rather than stuck to Anderson.
We are not 'sticking' with Anderson, Anderson's class. He's so good he's one of the few men I would turn gay for.

Anderson's class. He's so good he's one of the few men I would turn gay for.

Well, you should have known better the meaning of word ''Gay''. And if you do so then Anderson is really a class. :D

vaibhav mehta added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...

Jog on vaibahv or whatever your name is, our James is our best bowler.

That either doesn't support the argument that How many tests Anderson actually won for England?

Does Hoggard even play anymore lol, it would be funny if they did do that though. Half the English supporters on this forum are in love with Jimmy Anderson.

88094237.jpg

How can you not be in love with a hair cut like that. The man's a legend.

As for Vaibhav's question about Jimmy winning us Tests. Jimmy has played remarkably well in the last year, and the reason he's not led us to more Test victories against Top sides is because the rest of the team have been gash. No 1 man can win a Team a series, Warnie proved that in 2005. He was excellent, but without the sufficient back-up Australia couldn't win the series. Anderson has easily been England's best bowler in the last year, and it's not his fault that we've not won more Tests.

88094237.jpg

How can you not be in love with a hair cut like that. The man's a legend.

As for Vaibhav's question about Jimmy winning us Tests. Jimmy has played remarkably well in the last year, and the reason he's not led us to more Test victories against Top sides is because the rest of the team have been gash. No 1 man can win a Team a series, Warnie proved that in 2005. He was excellent, but without the sufficient back-up Australia couldn't win the series. Anderson has easily been England's best bowler in the last year, and it's not his fault that we've not won more Tests.

Your've being going on about his hair for a week now KP, you sound like an Indian fan.

Half the English supporters on this forum are in love with Jimmy Anderson.

Seriously. And many of them think that if you are not English then you don't know anything about English cricket.

No-one's said that. We will contest someone that wants to replace the guy who's been comfortably England's best bowler in the last 12 months, with someone that's over the hill though, as it's utter rubbish.

Seriously. And many of them think that if you are not English then you don't know anything about English cricket.

I was actually meaning they are in love-love with him, Anderson is easily England's best test bowler.

Anyone who thinks that Anderson should be taken out of the side for Hoggard has reason enough to have his knowledge about English cricket questioned.

evertonfan added 0 Minutes and 49 Seconds later...

I was actually meaning they are in love-love with him, Anderson is easily England's best test bowler.

Howsie you love him too. I've seen the posters on your wall...

The thing is you quite clearly dont, putting it bluntly, Hoggard is a pile of horse crap! and Jimmy is England's best bowler.

The phrase your only as good as your last game comes to mind and we are talking tests because they are the primary format.

The main man Jimmy! = 9 for 125 off 42.3 overs.

The pile of horse ████ Hoggard! = 1 for 151 off 38 overs.

FACT. Hoggard is ████ and Jimmy is god!

Users who are viewing this thread