Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
Damn, if KP's out we'll only win 4-0. That sucks. Unfortunately for Australia KP will be fit. He could be fit for today's T20 game against Pakistan, so I seriously doubt he'll be injured for a game starting in a few weeks time. Same with Fred, he'll be fit as well, he's already bowling for Lancs. Could see him bowling in the background on Sky this morning.

It's not nothing, it's just that it can be managed with physio work, rest and injections. There's no way he will shake it before the Ashes, but he should be able to carry it for a number of games.

It's not nothing, it's just that it can be managed with physio work, rest and injections. There's no way he will shake it before the Ashes, but he should be able to carry it for a number of games.

...Until it SNAPS!

Oh yeah. :cool:

That's my prediction. Apparently in the T20 game he was playing with pain, so I'm backing he will last a few tests then do something more serious to it, or aggravate it.

He also said that he felt fine until the day of the Netherlands game, and then suddenly it flared up. Hopefully he'll get a good rest after the T20 WC and make sure he's as fit as possible for Cardiff.

Also, Freddie bowled the equivalent of 10 overs yesterday before and at lunch in the Lancs game with Peter Moores and the Lancs physio. He'll definitely be fit I reckon. Should be able to get some decent match practise in as well. Hopefully he'll get some runs.

Have you heard of Sarcasm per chance?

Not sure how the Ashes will go, have an unerving feeling Australia will win but England are definetly capable of winning themselves.

He's Australian, of course not. They pick up on sarcasm/irony about as well the Americans ;)

I'd love to see England win the Ashes, but I can see a 2-1 Australia win personally. Hopefully I'll be wrong and Bopara, Pietersen, Broad and Anderson will lead us to a 5-0 win :p

Rashid won't get a game. MSP will play if they go with 2 spinners, and the commentators will be telling us prior to the game how well he's been bowling and how hard he's been working with Mushy. He'll then go on to record figures of 0-130 on a spin bowlers paradise.

Gashid should definitely play if we go in with 2 spinners at Cardiff. I can't see it though, MSP will somehow retain his place as England's 2nd spinner, even though he's been awful for Northants in the 2nd division.

You always want these big players to stay fit for big tournaments. Seriously Healing of the Achilles is most of times very slow, because of its poor blood supply. I also guess that KP will be fit ahead of Ashes, still proper Rehabilitation is necessary before we see him in action, even for the sake of his personal sporting career.

Don't forget Rashid...

Stop turning me on Colin. :love

Gashid should definitely play

Oh la la. You are zee spoiling me wiv zis Gashid talk. :whip

Right, serious face time.

Adil has to make the game at Cardiff along with Swann. Monty, i love him but Rashid just has so much more to his game, Fielding batting etc. Plus, he has all the deliveries, gives it a fair old tweak and he's a leg spinner. A British leg spinner.

Can i just say that again? A British leg spinner.

You know, no matter how many times i say that it never gets old.

I hate the BNP. Just think, if they ever get to power there won't ever be any more Rashid's. Nick Griffin's a right fat prick.

Anyway Monty will obviously play ahead of Rashid. You know the selectors won't have the guts or the ruthlessness to pick Rashid over our Mont at Cardiff.

Users who are viewing this thread