Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
wooop Ashes thread.

England 3-0

Aus to get saved by rain in the other 2 matches :p

Bopara to be top run scorer, Johnson to be top wicket taker.

Bring. It. On!

i don't think australia's (our) bowling attack is potent enough, maybe for except Johnson. if the English batsmen don't get themselves out than we are in trouble especially as they only have to take 4 wickets of people who can score runs. (Hughes, Ponting, Clarke, Johnson)

That's overdoing it a bit.

angryangy added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Lol at Aussies failing epically at banter. They see any comment regarding their team as a direct insult to their nation. It must be hard work being an Aussie when you have to be so excrutiatingly defensive about everything. It's embarassing.
I'm tempted to delete Hooper's post just because it's formatted in the most unreadable way possible. Forums aren't questionnaires, damn it.

Every day I get a bit more confident of England's chances. I don't think Australia will be able to handle the conditions. Their batting will be their undoing.

Having said that, I don't necessarily think England will win it.

All perms should be banned tbh.

:rtfl

Awww, that's a shocker. :D

Lol at Aussies failing epically at banter. They see any comment regarding their team as a direct insult to their nation. It must be hard work being an Aussie when you have to be so excrutiatingly defensive about everything. It's embarassing.

Didn't you say that about the Indians last week? :p

Aussie's 3-1.

They have the better batting team, and I would rate their bowlers slightly better too.

Johnson-Anderson
Clark-Broad
Siddle-Sidebottom

Although who is going to play in the aussie's XI, is Lee any chance?

That sounds about right. I think Johnson, Clark and Siddle are our 3 main strike bowlers and they are pretty evenly matched with the Englands top 3. I don't think Lee will be playing though, well personally I wouldn't play him.

Didn't you say that about the Indians last week? :p

No I just said most Indian fans are joke supporters. Which they are. As it seems are most Aussies too.

England are crap, we all know that. Yet we always get behind the team and are always realistic about our chances. That's why we're the best supporters in the world.

You are pulling out some pearlers, evo.

Jordon, I don't think our batting will be our undoing. Hughes is on fire, already blasting 100s in these conditions, Ponting will step up, Hussey has had some rest so he'll be good and North loves the English conditions. I reckon our batsman are going to do well. I am worried about our spin bowling but, with Northy at number 6, he might have to do the most of the spinning with help from Pup and Katman. Sounds weak to me.

What? We are the best supporters in the world. Even Carlsberg don't do em any better than us.

That sounds about right. I think Johnson, Clark and Siddle are our 3 main strike bowlers and they are pretty evenly matched with the Englands top 3. I don't think Lee will be playing though, well personally I wouldn't play him.

Ponting likes Lee though and that might be enough to get him picked. Worked for Symonds for a few years there.

Lee copped a lot of crap for his performance vs Chris Gayle, but that's the only time he's bowled crap since Boxing Day. He was actually bowling pretty well in the IPL. He carved up the Kiwis in the T20 warmups and bowled pretty well against Sri Lanka apart from those fricken no balls, And Mr 'one shot' Mubarak heaving him over midwicket after failing to touch anything else Lee bowled. :mad:

But anyway, they have to pick 2 from : Lee vs Clark vs Hauritz (maybe vs Siddle too if he doesn't impress in the warmups/nets or even vs Hilfenhaus too if they think conditions will favour his swing). I think Mitch is the only lock for the team as this stage. Depends how many spinners England play probably. If they pick 2 and the pitch looks like a turner I really hope Hauritz gets a run.

If Lee plays, we will lose. If not, 5-0.

aus5892 added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later...

No I just said most Indian fans are joke supporters. Which they are. As it seems are most Aussies too.

England are crap, we all know that. Yet we always get behind the team and are always realistic about our chances. That's why we're the best supporters in the world.
How come half your supporters pretend ODIs don't exist just because you're terrible at them?

Users who are viewing this thread