Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
Aussie's 3-1.

They have the better batting team, and I would rate their bowlers slightly better too.

Johnson-Anderson
Clark-Broad
Siddle-Sidebottom

Although who is going to play in the aussie's XI, is Lee any chance?

Ponting can't play swing.
Their bowling attack is so inexperienced.
Jimmy's got sexy hair, and is gonna be this year's Simon Jones.
Freddie.
No Vaughan to fail. (Bless him).
David Lloyd on Sky.
Freddie.
Andrew Flintoff.

All reasons why we're reclaiming that little urn.

Nah, if I be practical, then it will be an extremely tight contest. I just don't want Mr King Philip to perform. Just that only only guy. Otherwise, it's fine.

I think we've got a better all-round attack than Australia. Johnson, Clark and Siddle are very good bowlers, the first 2 more so, but they've not got great variety. Hilfenhaus is the only genuine swing bowler, and he's got nothing on Anderson or Sidebottom. We've got a much better spinner, and we've also got 5 quality bowlers as opposed to Australia's 4 + the average all-rounder in Watson or Ronald McDonald. Our batsmen, especially our middle order have outplayed Australia's in the last 12 months as well, with our 2 best batsmen (KP and Strauss) shining, with Australia's (Hussey and Ponting) having poor 12 month periods playing exactly the same sides.

To sum up, England will win 5-0 :p

I think Australia is going to take it 2-0. There are going to be some close games, but I think the batsmen in this series are much better than the bowlers, hence the number of draws. I think Australia's bowling attack is pretty underrated. Siddle has been pretty good and Mitch has the knack of picking up wickets. Lee may not make the final cut and Clark has been a bit out of touch but they are both classy enough to pull up their socks. The real missing key is a quality spinner, so they may be going in with an all-pace attack and have Clarke do a bit of the slow bowling.

Ponting can't play swing.
Neither can the English.
Their bowling attack is so inexperienced.
Lee, Johnson, Clark, Siddle have more wickets then Flintoff, Sidebottom, Anderson and whoever. I reckon.
Jimmy's got sexy hair, and is gonna be this year's Simon Jones.
Lol, get him Mathew Hayden and he craps his dacks and forgets how to bowl. The psychological damage he has received is too great, poor him, its like he played in the '90s era when every Pom FEARED WARNE.
Who?
No Vaughan to fail. (Bless him).
Nah, you have Ian Bell instead.
David Lloyd on Sky.
No Richie Benaud...
Who?
Andrew Flintoff.
The same Andrew Flintoff who was meant to captain his team to victory and smash us all around the park? Pfft, over-weight, injury-proned has been mate.
All reasons why we're reclaiming that little urn.
Believe it when I see it....

Last edited:
The same Andrew Flintoff who was meant to captain his team to victory and smash us all around the park? Pfft, over-weight, injury-proned has been mate.

Oohhhhh, that's not going to bode to well. But it is true.

Lol at Aussies failing epically at banter. They see any comment regarding their team as a direct insult to their nation. It must be hard work being an Aussie when you have to be so excrutiatingly defensive about everything. It's embarassing.

Users who are viewing this thread