Australia in England - 2009 Ashes Tour

What will be the result of The Ashes?

• Total voters
Pietersen really should take a rest and get fresh for the Ashes. He is having a back injury and an achilles injury.

It's a bit late for that now. The Ashes is only in a months time and he's playing in a Twenty20 competition that England have no real chance in. :rolleyes:

Yeah I would fully agree with that, but if England doesn?t play Pietersen then they will be deemed as not caring about the 20/20 world cup.

I would prefer Pietersen to rest and prepare for the ashes and then give someone else a go. It should probably be Morgan since he hasn't had much of a chance as of yet. The Ashes are more important than the Twenty20 to be honest.

We should care about the World Twenty20, but we shouldn't rank it as highly as the Ashes.

I would prefer Pietersen to rest and prepare for the ashes and then give someone else a go. It should probably be Morgan since he hasn't had much of a chance as of yet. The Ashes are more important than the Twenty20 to be honest.

Trott?

This would be my line up for Cardiff:

1. Andrew Strauss (c)
2. Alastair Cook
3. Ravi Bopara
4. Kevin Pietersen
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Matt Prior (wk)
7. Andrew Flintoff
8. Stuart Broad
9. Graeme Swann
10. Adil Rashid
11. James Anderson

Well at least England would bat deep. Can't see Rashid playing though.

Well at least England would bat deep. Can't see Rashid playing though.
We need two spinners in Cardiff because it will turn square there. Rashid is also playing a lot better than Panesar.

As much as I like Monty he really should be nowhere near the England team, he's woefully out of form, whenever I look to see how hes doing he hasn't got any wickets. Would have to be Rashid as he's the only other spinner thats been around the set-up of late.

Is Rashid good enough though? I'm not 100% convinced he is, so therefore wouldn't be too sure about picking him. There's no point picking 2 spinners for the sake of picking 2 spinners. If they're not good enough, they shouldn't get selected. I reckon Rashid could be worth a punt though, just could be alot of pressure for the lad, and he's proven in the past that as soon as there's real pressure on him he goes to pot a little and bowls too many bad balls.

Personally I'm still sat on the fence with him, he seems to have everything going for him but if someone goes after him I think he could go for a few runs. But if England want to go for two spinners come Cardiff then he'd be my choice.

The England camp have said that they've been incredibly impressed with him in the nets. He apparently doesn't bowl a bad ball in the nets, but as soon as he gets into the middle he feels the pressure and starts bowling long-hops and wide balls. He's like Saj Mahmood. David Lloyd was saying he watched Mahmood in the nets for 40 minutes and he didn't bowl a bad ball and was bowling genuinely quickly, then his first ball was a leg-side full toss. Seems to be a trend for the young England talent. Awesome in the nets but buckle under match pressure. *cough* Ian Bell *cough*

How good is Rashid with the bat, would he be good enough to ever be a all-rounder at the international level.

Users who are viewing this thread