Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yorkie Lion said:
Can someone explain to me why Gary Keedy doesnt get a look in for England
for me he is easily the best spinner of a ball in England gives the ball air and is an attacking bowler gives it a good tweak
At least he would give us the 2 spinner option for example
Gareth Batty is not so hot ive never seen him turn the ball, its probably this bowl a bit bat a bit philosophy gives him some currency
what do you reckon guys?

Keedy can't bat, Batty hasn't impressed in his chances in a lions shirt.

Well its not enough to just turn the ball. You need to have variation, ability to outthink the batsman, and most importantly have control.

Shane Warne has awesome control. Having a plan is easy, but executing it under different circumstances is the tough part. I havent seen much of McGill, but from what I have seen I dont think he has as much control as Warne. (nowhere near actually)

m_vaughan said:
Well its not enough to just turn the ball. You need to have variation, ability to outthink the batsman, and most importantly have control.

Shane Warne has awesome control. Having a plan is easy, but executing it under different circumstances is the tough part. I havent seen much of McGill, but from what I have seen I dont think he has as much control as Warne. (nowhere near actually)

Jes man your hard to please i wish Mcgill was english i think its unfair to compare any leggie to Warne hes a freak a genious people say Danesh Kaneria is the second best leggie in the world but McGill has sorted England out at Sydney big time great bowler
He is abigger spinner of the ball than warne and is a massive threat if for no other reason England dont look comfortable against Legspin
Hopefully the pitch is rockhard and the spinners dont come into it while day 3 to 4.I tell you Tremlett would be a smart selection break some Aussie finger

If any one is looking to optimise the term 'master of their craft' then Warne's your man. He ranks up there with Einstein. MacGill is a wicket taking bowler but has a tendency to go for more runs but he has a phenominal strike rate. In fact its just behind Warne's.

MacGilla certainly bowls more four balls, but I think his style of putting an incredible amount of work on the ball is more suited against a batting lineup that is looking to play adventerous/lofted shots, which is what England seem intent upon doing. The fact that the pitch should be bouncy adds to the threat of perhaps taking a top edge of a batsmen trying to play a big shot against the spin.

All this Aussie focus is incidental anyhow, it's time for the Aussie bats to earn their pay

Just heard on the radio that both McGrath and Lee have been training / warming up with the rest of the team. No news yet as to whether they are fit to play.

England hav delayed announcing their team.Do they want to play another spinner as no one other than flintoff and harmison bowl so to give them a rest now and then or is their an injury somewhere.

Nope, not a spinner, but they are considering playing Tremmlet or so ive heard. The pitch will favour bowlers that bang the ball into the pitch such as harmy freddie and tremmlet. He may be brought in for Hoggard according to report

some good news for australia

australia have comfirmed that brett lee will play tomorrow

australia have also comfirmed that mcgrath will be reassessed tomorrow morning, ricky ponting believes Mcgrath will play tomorrow

here are some images of mcgrath and lee training today

_40675022_mcgrathlee.jpg

53348977.jpg

also mcgraths first ball after his injury last thursday he hit the off stump at a lively pace

looks like mcgraths ankle healed fast

Last edited:
jazz said:
also mcgraths first ball after his injury last thursday he hit the off stump at a lively pace

Could this be due to him not having a batsman infront of the stumps to stop him hitting them :p , dont think McGrath will play, and even lee may not be fully fit, lets hope for a first days play like at edgebaston :D

well Lee will play, mcGrath is touch and go with him. I could see Tremlett playing here.

McGraths fit

Just been listening to a Sydney Sport radio cast online and heard live interview with McGrath he says he is fit and doesnt notice the ankle when bowling also says it feels better than he could have dreamed and providing there is no adverse reaction over night he will play for sure
Also has looked at pitch and likes the look of it says it will BOUNCE off a length

The AUSSIE radio hosts were beside themselves and reckon we have made a bad error in preparing a fast bouncey pitch now Lee and MC GRATH seem certain to play

Look ive always said i want England to play against another teams best and not to hope for their misfortune and i stick with that bring it on
The AUSSIES are human Harmison and Flintoff are hurting their boys on relatively slow pitches so bring on WACA special .I still say Tremlett would be a smart PICK because of his ability to steeple bounce from a lenghth
Swing is minimal at Old Trafford and Jones can pitch it up if needs be.
1 last thing usually at OT reverse swing is available however the outfield this year is lush and green so thats bad news for us as i think we edge the Aussies in this department
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

Australia must win the toss and bat first and for england,playing tremlet will be a good move if it happens

woodzy said:
If any one is looking to optimise the term 'master of their craft' then Warne's your man. He ranks up there with Einstein. MacGill is a wicket taking bowler but has a tendency to go for more runs but he has a phenominal strike rate. In fact its just behind Warne's.
Below Warne's. Lower = better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread