Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Englishandproud said:
Been on Hols the last 10 days or so, was only able to catch some of one the best test matches ever, however managed to get home in time last night to watch the Sky Sports highlights of the whole test from 8-10 pm. Absoulty brilliant, just two things Pitersen was defiently not out, however i thought bell was out due to the camara from behind showed him just edgeing it to the keeper, i no that these have allready have been disscused but thought i would have my pennysworth.
Yeah I thought Bell was out (Initial reaction which is all the umpires get) but the Pietersen dismissal was shocking. I am hoping for as good a game on Thursday, but hopefully a longer game.

Gary Keedy

Can someone explain to me why Gary Keedy doesnt get a look in for England
for me he is easily the best spinner of a ball in England gives the ball air and is an attacking bowler gives it a good tweak
At least he would give us the 2 spinner option for example
Gareth Batty is not so hot ive never seen him turn the ball, its probably this bowl a bit bat a bit philosophy gives him some currency
what do you reckon guys?

I dont think Stuart Clark was the right choice. Personally I just think he got a call up in case of an emergency and because there was no point in flying over someone like Nathan Bracken just so he could carry the drinks. Its just a case of being in the right place at the right time. Shaun Tait deserves a go but my only concern is that he may spray it a bit and his action is not exactly the pretiest to look at but he has got an outstanding yorker!

Yup in doing so you might think Watson might do a Flintoff for the Aussies. But thats not gonna happen, as there is just one Andrew Flintoff. And he plays for England.

Watson's not ready. He can bearly cope with the one-dayers so what chance does he have in the Test Matches. I think Andy Bichel deserves ago cause hes a genuine bowler who can bat.

m_vaughan said:
Yup in doing so you might think Watson might do a Flintoff for the Aussies. But thats not gonna happen, as there is just one Andrew Flintoff. And he plays for England.

Personally I believe Watson could go close to matching 'Freddys' Ashes series averages of 36.00 with the bat at 27.64 with the ball or career averages of 32.64 with the bat and 32.85 with the ball. Perhaps that's just me with blinkers on and my natural inclination to be optimistic, but stranger things have happened..... :upray

Personally I think he can be a Test level batsmen and outfielder, but I'm not convinced he is a reliable option with the ball (took only 16 wickets from 8 matches @ 31.18 whilst averaging 42.00 with the bat).

At 24 he could yet develop into a solid player, I certainly hope so, it would help having only one genuinely world class all-rounder in contention for international selection!

Last edited:
woodzy said:
Watson's not ready. He can bearly cope with the one-dayers so what chance does he have in the Test Matches. I think Andy Bichel deserves ago cause hes a genuine bowler who can bat.
He's not aggressive enough to be in the ODI team. His batting technique is good, but too defensive for ODI's. He is excelling for Hampshire ATM
m_vaughan said:
But thats not gonna happen, as there is just one Andrew Flintoff
Thanks for pointing that out Mr.Obvious

Yeah maybe but he doesnt look like a fluent bowler...action wise. He lumbers up to the wicket and waves the arms about and delievers a ball around 130 kmh. I dont think hes really built for cricket. He'd make an excellent rugby player and he kill Tom Williams for stealing his gf. So start running tom!

He was bowling at 140 in Aus. I think he has picked up in speed but I didn't take much notice of him in the ODIs. :( He is a solid batter so they wouldn't leave much if they dropped a batter. Bowling they will gain an option but I have never rated him much as a bowler. He is too one dimensional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread