Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
langerrox said:
dazza, i bet you if ponting was out lbw on 1 and made 200 you would be whinging and blaming the umpires, im talking about trevor the 37 year old, thats so low, 129 is a handful for your one man team

seeing freddy is with the umpires its all clear sailing for england:)

England's sub fielders are chosen from the counties not playing a match at that time.
Trevor Penney is a bit of an old codg but he was given the nod because he a super sharp fielder (Warwickshire's fielding coach) it is perfectly legitimate to play a sub fielder when a player goes off injured. that has always been the case and i don't understand why it is such an issue now.
129 was a handful but look at it in true context and not in your baggy green cap. Australia came at England with real vigour and intensity with the best bowler in the world playing out of his skin. it was never going to be easy but we still got home. i have seen Australia collapse a few times in the past under pressure so batting collapses in the last innings are hardly an exclusive England thing.
To say England are a one man team is a pretty comical thing to say. i am guessing your tongue is firmly in your cheek on this one but if not it is a little embarrassing for your team to be 2-1 down in a series to a one man team dont you think?

Last edited:
but the think is that its all lies, they picked the best fielders possible thats what the discussions about its unsportsmenship, england name 2 12th men, at start of play if no1 gets injured they get the one that can field well its not right, also trevor is the fielding coach for england its low tactics

Using these tactics is well within the rules of test cricket, but it is very unsportsman like from the English camp and isn't in the spirit of the game

langerrox said:
but the think is that its all lies, they picked the best fielders possible thats what the discussions about its unsportsmenship, england name 2 12th men, at start of play if no1 gets injured they get the one that can field well its not right, also trevor is the fielding coach for england its low tactics

well as the 12th man is not allowed to bat or bowl why would a team not pick the best fielder available as there 12 man?
It's plain common sense and nothing to do with unsportsmanship.
The only time a fielder came on the field for more than 8 minutes was with Simon Jones off injured.
The other times the subs came on was when players went off for toilet breaks and are allowed off for up to 8 minutes at a time.
England do not make the rules and did not break any.
It was no more unsportsmanship than Michael Clarke dashing back from hospital to bat when Australia were in the s**t in the 3rd test.

the role is 12th man is make sure everyone is right BEFORE the match, not to make the team win the match

They are perfectly correct to bring on the best fieldsman they can when somebody is injured, that's not an issue.

The other times the subs came on was when players went off for toilet breaks and are allowed off for up to 8 minutes at a time.
England do not make the rules and did not break any.
It was no more unsportsmanship than Michael Clarke dashing back from hospital to bat when Australia were in the s**t in the 3rd test.
Only the bowlers have toilet breaks, and only ever straight after they've bowled. Not breaking rules, because it's at the umpires discretion to allow subs and they're too **** weak to do anything about it despite the fact that we complained before the series started. I'd be fascinated to know how a player taking the field despite injury to try and help his team is unsportsmanlike also, what do you want him to do? Field all game with a screwed back?

langerrox said:
the role is 12th man is make sure everyone is right BEFORE the match, not to make the team win the match

And also to go on to the pitch in the absence of another player should one need to leave the field.
Look i understand you Aussies are gutted to be losing your grip on the ashes but before you continue with your pom bashing and blaming everybody else for your demise look at the statistics.
1 only one Aussie batsman has hit a century this series.
2 Hayden Martyn Gilchrist and Katich are having a stinker of a series with the bat and if it wasnt for Warne and Lee you would have been dismssed for some pitifully low scores this series
3 You only have three bowlers (make that 2 without Mcgrath) you can rely on to take wickets regularly at the moment.
4 Man for man England are mostly playing consistantly better cricket this series than Australia
5 England have scored 400+ in the 1st innings 3 times this series Australia not even once.
6 Michael Vaughan has out captained Ricky Ponting throughout the series. Innovative field settings and has a habit of bringing on the right bowler at the right time and has not cried like a spoilt little kid when he has been out.
7 The nucleas of your side (Ponting, Langer, Hayden, Martyn, Warne and Gilchrist will be in there mid to late thirties by the time the 06/07 ashes series comes round and some of these players may be showing signs of decline.

The fact is that i think the series should be level going into the last match. But decisions have gone against Australia and they are now going into it 2-1 down.

Englands use of subs is unsportsmanlike but the umpires seem to be favouring England atm. I think all the sussies can do about it is let McGrath and Lee have breaks after bowling.

brad352 said:
I'd be fascinated to know how a player taking the field despite injury to try and help his team is unsportsmanlike also, what do you want him to do? Field all game with a screwed back?

Yes i would be fascinated to know Why punter only kicked off and behaved like a spoilt brat after he was run out.
The bowler going off for whatever reason after an over is obviously for a rest but this is not exclusive to England i have seen it happen in Pakistan, West Indies amongst others countries.
Pratt was on the pitch legitimately
for Simon jones just as Brad Hodge was on for Michael Clarke in the 3rd test.
It wasnt me who brought up unsportsmanlike behaviour but if a player can be off the pitch and in hospital one minute and then be fit enough to bat the next surely that is no better than having a sub fielder to replace an obviously injured player?

dazza76 said:
(long post)
So you've been so brilliant, led by the best captain ever, comprehensively belted us in every facet of the game, have 8 billion magnificent batsmen and 5000 bowling options at any point in the game, whereas our batsmen have been pathetic, as you say we clearly only have 3 good bowlers (one of which has been injured most of the time, and one who averages well over 30 in Test cricket and probably this series as well), a batting lineup who are absolutely pathetic and disgraceful and in the worst form ever seen since cricket began, bowlers who have to save us from humiliation with the bat and an entire team incapable of scoring centuries, the worst captain ever who throws a tantrum at every opportunity and can't set a field to save his life, and a team of geriatric old farts who should be pensioned off.

My question is this: Who the hell forgot to tell England?
Loss: 239 runs
Win: 2 runs
Win: 3 wickets

What happened to the dominance? Are we really that much better a side than you, that with the worst performing team ever against a team who are at the top of their games, that we can be within 3 wickets and 2 runs of leading an Ashes series 3-0?

(EDIT)
Yes i would be fascinated to know Why punter only kicked off and behaved like a spoilt brat after he was run out.
The bowler going off for whatever reason after an over is obviously for a rest but this is not exclusive to England i have seen it happen in Pakistan, West Indies amongst others countries.
Pratt was on the pitch legitimately
for Simon jones just as Brad Hodge was on for Michael Clarke in the 3rd test.
It wasnt me who brought up unsportsmanlike behaviour but if a player can be off the pitch and in hospital one minute and then be fit enough to bat the next surely that is no better than having a sub fielder to replace an obviously injured player
The reason he was pissed off was simply built up frustration- the fact that they went for a run they shouldn't have resulting in him losing his wicket just brought it to the surface, and you know very well that what's been going on isn't within the spirit of the game. Punters actions were in no way defendable or excusable, but understandable at least. As for the "well everyone else does it" defence, so what? [Insert jumping off a cliff analogy] Doesn't make it right. In reference to Clarke, it was painfully obvious that he wasn't fit to bat, fortunately as a player who wants to do the best he can for his country he battled through that and came out. And I already said there was nothing wrong with a sub being on for Jones.

Last edited:
Annihilation66 said:
The fact is that i think the series should be level going into the last match. But decisions have gone against Australia and they are now going into it 2-1 down.

Englands use of subs is unsportsmanlike but the umpires seem to be favouring England atm. I think all the sussies can do about it is let McGrath and Lee have breaks after bowling.

Annihilation66 if i was you i would concern yourself more with the fact India could only score 226 off 50 overs against ermmmm Zimbabwe.

brad352 said:
So you've been so brilliant, led by the best captain ever, comprehensively belted us in every facet of the game, have 8 billion magnificent batsmen and 5000 bowling options at any point in the game, whereas our batsmen have been pathetic, as you say we clearly only have 3 good bowlers (one of which has been injured most of the time, and one who averages well over 30 in Test cricket and probably this series as well), a batting lineup who are absolutely pathetic and disgraceful and in the worst form ever seen since cricket began, bowlers who have to save us from humiliation with the bat and an entire team incapable of scoring centuries, the worst captain ever who throws a tantrum at every opportunity and can't set a field to save his life, and a team of geriatric old farts who should be pensioned off.

My question is this: Who the hell forgot to tell England?
Loss: 239 runs
Win: 2 runs
Win: 3 wickets

What happened to the dominance? Are we really that much better a side than you, that with the worst performing team ever against a team who are at the top of their games, that we can be within 3 wickets and 2 runs of leading an Ashes series 3-0?

Perhaps you might want to reply to the points of my post rather than going in to some nonsensical rant next time and perhaps it might be easier to understand what the hell your going on about.
Thats just typical of some idiots. they lose the debate and start typing tripe.

dazza76 said:
Perhaps you might want to reply to the points of my post rather than going in to some nonsensical rant next time and perhaps it might be easier to understand what the hell your going on about.
If you cared to read it, the points in the first paragraph were exactly the same as yours, surely exaggeration isn't all that hard to follow? Allow me to make it simple: If we're playing so badly, and you're playing so well, why aren't you putting results on the board? Thanks for the idiot remark too, I'd steer clear of abusing anyone let alone staff members

I might also ask why you completely ignored anything Annihilation said and started discussing India and Zimbabwe?

dazza76 said:
Annihilation66 if i was you i would concern yourself more with the fact India could only score 226 off 50 overs against ermmmm Zimbabwe.

Thats just typical of some idiots. they lose the debate and start typing tripe.
Trust me i am concerned but what England should be concerned about is how easily our weak bowling attack got them all out for around 65. While the "best bowling attack in the world" could only bowl them out for 195, 102, 238, and 187????????

So i would think before i talked next time m8.

Lately you have only had the test of South Africa and Australia and the other teams you have beat on your way to 2nd in the world have been poor.

Come to India and beat us at home and then u can try and say your the best in the world. Credit to Australia they have done it in the past.

(anyone for giving me and positive feedback, ive got negative now just cos i spelt Ponting wrong)

England always go for the easy tours, just look at Indias fixtures...... Sri Lanka Pakistan, England, West Indies, South Africa, New Zealand, England, Zimbabwe, Australia.......not the weakest sides in the world except 1 of Zimbabwe.

NOw the selectors are going for harder tours because England have confidence because they scraped wins against a poor aussie side

brad352 said:
If you cared to read it, the points in the first paragraph were exactly the same as yours, surely exaggeration isn't all that hard to follow? Allow me to make it simple: If we're playing so badly, and you're playing so well, why aren't you putting results on the board? Thanks for the idiot remark too, I'd steer clear of abusing anyone let alone staff members

I might also ask why you completely ignored anything Annihilation said and started discussing India and Zimbabwe?

Staff member ey? go on kid you show your authority. do you wear a uniform when your on duty? it must be great to have authority. something to put on your CV and tell your mates about i bet. perhaps you could act like a jobsworth little hitler now and ban me because somebody dared to speak up to the big chief?
Im more than happy to call somebody an idiot who totally exaggerates my post and twists it because he does not agree. That's no problem at all.
As for ignoring what Annihilation said well that's not a problem too. its repetitive and of no interest to me.
To answer your question why aren't we putting results on the board well i think the fact we are leading the series 2-1 suggests we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread