Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cause it has taken the side 5 test to realise how to bat properly. Of course job is far from done. I'll take the drawn series though as this has given Aus cricket a massive boot up the ass.

This is my one day team in 2008 for Australia after the world cup:

1) M North (WA)
2) M Clarke (NSW)
3) R Ponting (TAS)
4) C Rogers (WA)
5) L Ronchi (WA) or B Haddin (NSW) or T Paine (TAS)
6) T Birt (TAS)
7) R Lockyer (TAS)
8) B Lee (NSW)
9) X Doherty or B Casson (WA) or D Cullen (SA)
10) S Tait (SA)
11) R Cassell (VIC)

other possible candidates

A Simpson (QLD)
.. Vogels (WA)

watson will not play due to to many injuries, t birt and r lockyer are two excellent players from tasmania and have a massive chance...... post your own ODI team or give me sone ideas

irottev said:
A series to be decided by rain sucks ass.
Exactly.

It is still likely that there will be a result possible if Australia play well like they have done. If not then England should get a draw or mabeye win.

How long do you English think these showers will last? I read on yahoo weather 60% chance of rain today and 80% tommorow but tommorow is lighter rain.

It has just started raining at The Oval again (it was live on sky news) but there is a chance of starting on time according to Francis the weatherman lol.
Showers this afternoon so looks like they wil be on and off the field most of the day.
As an England fan i don't want rain, its been a cracking series and i want it to continue that way. we still have a the runs on the board and a few early wickets would put England right back in to it.

Last edited:
Annihilation66 said:
Picking collingwood was a mistake. Not because he got out cheaply but England no longer have as attacking bowleing. Their bowlers have to bowl longer spell and the batsman settle into a rhythm against the bowlers. With 5 they rotated regurlarly.

Funny thing is though Colly came closest to getting a wicket, Langer dropped by Tres in the slips. I thought Colly bowled pretty well, although it remains to be seen if he can keep it up throughout the innings. Also, we'll never know if Anderson would've bowled any better.

I live about 40 miles SE of The Oval and its dry, bright and sunny atm, although showers are forecast today, some heavy. It may be an 'on/off' type of day. Weather getting better Sunday and Monday though, so I reckon we'll see a result in this match.

EDIT: Lol, posts crossed Dazza, haven't seen the tv yet today ;)

Just heard a classic on Sky news and it went something like this...
Sky news interviewer: Geraint its sky news have you got a word for us
Paul Collingwood: yes my name is Paul

Last edited:
irottev said:
A series to be decided by rain sucks ass.

I totally agree but remember if we hadn't lost any play due to rain at Old Trafford then the ashes would probably have been irrelevant now with England 3-1 up. It works both ways. Saying that it I did find it strange that the Aussies decided to come off for bad light, having to win the game, a little 'over cautious' I think - especially when you think back to England playing in Karachi a couple of years ago when it was virtually pitch black (We went on the get a result). I think we're in for a nail biting finale whatever happens :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread