Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Without McGrath these sides are very evenly matched. Should be a good series from here but I still think Australia will win if they get McGrath back by the fourth test.

langerrox said:
fishbowlman? if england were so 'great' how come they struggled to bowl at number 9 10 and 11?!?!?

We understand you're gutted, but you can't say you believed to win. Just enjoy the fact you have got a challenge for once

I think Shane Warne was extremely unlucky not to get man of the match, he really played well, runs, wickets you name it he did it. I think the Edgbaston crowd were given a treat for his last performance there. Do you guys think the Strauss ball was just as good as the Gatting ball?

woodzy said:
I think Shane Warne was extremely unlucky not to get man of the match, he really played well, runs, wickets you name it he did it. I think the Edgbaston crowd were given a treat for his last performance there. Do you guys think the Strauss ball was just as good as the Gatting ball?
It spun miles. It the Gatting ball was more shocking as we (at least us in England) had never seen Warne before. But yeah - it wasn't bad ;)

The_gas said:
Excuse me?

yeah i know made a fool out of myself i was just trying to think positive didn't work lol

also btw the person who said we england let aust get those partnerships

well had aust got flintoff and jones out for that last partnership that finish would never have happened

m_vaughan said:
I hope McGrath plays in the 3rd test. I think England can beat Australia with or without their leading fast bowler.
I doubt that very much. Lee/Gillespie/Kasprowicz are only a shadow of what McGrath is, and with McGrath and Warne in the same bowling attack I don't think you stand a chance.

I reckon the Gatting ball, and for that matter the ball that won Australia the 99 world cup (knocking over Gibbs in the Semi) are streets ahead of anything he bowled during this test match because they exemplified the drift Warne gets.

Both began above the eyeline, outside the off stump, drifted, pitched outside leg, and hit off. It's that drift that seperates Warne from so many other excellent wrist spinners that have gone before him.

squiz said:
I doubt that very much. Lee/Gillespie/Kasprowicz are only a shadow of what McGrath is, and with McGrath and Warne in the same bowling attack I don't think you stand a chance.
Well most people would think that. But I dont believe that is true. Yes McGrath makes an otherwise ordinary Aussie bowling attack look good, but England can deal with McGrath just like the Aussies dealt with Harmison in this test match.

Australia have a much better chance of winning with McGrath in the team, but its definately not guaranteed.

OK, everybody on the bandwagon

Bandwagon.jpg

Seriously, well played, great game but don't read too much into it just yet

m_vaughan said:
Well most people would think that. But I dont believe that is true. Yes McGrath makes an otherwise ordinary Aussie bowling attack look good, but England can deal with McGrath just like the Aussies dealt with Harmison in this test match.

Australia have a much better chance of winning with McGrath in the team, but its definately not guaranteed.
McGrath >>>>> Harmison, good luck trying to deal with him and Warne- if he doesn't play again for the rest of the series it'll be a reasonable contest however

Last edited:
Sure you might be able to handle McGrath but then you have to handle Warne, and we all seen what happens when the opposition is unable to handle Warne (ie. England's 2nd innings)

Firstly enormous respect due to Warne and Lee. They have been the two players who have kept Australia in this match against the odds thanks to their bowling yesterday and batting today.
Secondly a wonderful win by England. I, like many others, thought it had gone from them. I also thought that psychologically they would never had recovered from losing this and the series would have been gone 5-0 before you could say 'Aussie'.
It was a good batting strip today but Flintoff and Harmison still bowled too straight and Warne, Lee and Kasper were awesome.
This has been a truely amazing match and this series is living up to all the pre-series hype.

brad352 said:
OK, everybody on the bandwagon

Bandwagon.jpg

Seriously, well played, great game but don't read too much into it just yet

McGrath >>>>> Harmison, good luck trying to deal with him and Warne- if he doesn't play again for the rest of the series it'll be a reasonable contest however

Oh yeh McGrath is the greatest fast bowler ever, but Harmison is second best imo. Not had a great 1st innings but did well in the second innings, his delivery to Clarke was stunning.

Sureshot said:
Oh yeh McGrath is the greatest fast bowler ever, but Harmison is second best imo.
EVER? :eek:

Bowls far too many sh*t balls in between the good ones, much like Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread