Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Collingwood for Bell is a good call. Bell looks although he needs more experience at test level before taking on the aussies. Maybe he should be the back up player and collingwood should play who is a consistant performer for England in one-day and never lets us down!

jazz said:
i think martyn is ok in his positon, but australia should consider symonds for old trafford mainly he has been playing for his county their he may also know how the pitch may behave thier, also his australias version of andrew flintoff

they tried symonds in test cricket a few times and he sux doesn't suit him

I think you are a tad harsh in your words there mate. He did play recently against Sri Lanka and failed to impress, but he would/will make a fine test player if selected.

He is one of the finest fielders in the world and one of the most destructive batsmen in the world (with improved poise when bit hitting is not required). Yes, his bowling value is restricted to when the pitch is suiting him, but this is the case with all batting all-rounders.

Symonds featured in my ideal Aussie XI for the current series...

Katich
Langer
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
McGrath
MacGill

Eddie said:
it happened the over before feddie was out..cost no runs..

and if we are talking about poor umpiring decsions, how about Pietersen " caught" off the body/elbow and Bell " caught-behind" when he hit his pads..

if pietersen had stayed in the target would have been much larger, as the Aussie have no clue how to get him out ( except when he's slogging with the tailenders)
First ball Pietersen faced he was given not out when he gloved a ball to Gilchrist, and the snickometer was wrong in Bells case IMO. Even when he hit his pad with the ball nothing registered on it when you should see a thuddy graph. You could see the bat rotate a bit when the ball clipped the edge

adthomp said:
Don't really think you can judge a player on two tests

------------------

There is rumours of Watson and MacGill playing the next test. Which would make the team:

Justin Langer
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Damien Martyn
Michael Clarke
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Watson
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Jason Gillespie/Michael Kasprowicz (Most likely Kasper)
Stuart MacGill

adthomp said:

I wouldnt say he sux but yes he hasnt done well in tests.He cannot concentrate for full five days and starts to play poorly towards the fourth fifth days.

PhilC said:
How pathetic. We've had one of the best tests ever with packed stadium every day, and we have some net junkies bitching on about LBW whatnots and was or wasn't edges.

Geez, just enjoy great sport for once. Even if Australia had won, I'd still regard it as one of the greatest games ever and not cry about Pieterson being given caught etc.

Get over it kids.
Thank you!!! :cheers

yeah thats pretty harsh. dont know whether it was a concentration problem though, he plays first class cricket well enough.

What a great test. I seriously think that symonds may come in for somebody like Katich as it doesny weaken the batting however it gives another spin option on the Old trafford wicket.

What about a third allrounder + leg spinner in Brad Hogg?

I would like to see how much Watson has improved since his last test. If he goes well in the 3rd test he might have found himself a permanent spot.

I think this win will give England confidence, and more importantly that they can match Australia. I believe if we are positive like this against Mcgrath we have a chance. If we simply try to see him off without putting away any bad balls he does offer we will see a repeat of the lords test.

With Pieterson and Flintoff in the team we have two players that can take the game away from teams in a matter of hours. Now all we need is some more consistency from the top order.

Looking forward to thursday, Freddie's home ground.

squiz said:
There is rumours of Watson and MacGill playing the next test. Which would make the team:

Justin Langer
Matthew Hayden
Ricky Ponting
Damien Martyn
Michael Clarke
Adam Gilchrist
Shane Watson
Shane Warne
Brett Lee
Jason Gillespie/Michael Kasprowicz (Most likely Kasper)
Stuart MacGill

this squad will make sense as shane watson can provide an extra seamer option to the australains

watson is fairly reliable and does have enough pace to warrant some respect. they really should have brought bracken to england instead of tait, because i think its fairly obvious that they dont actually want to use tait at any stage.

England just announced an un-changed team. I think Australia will also name an un-changed team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread