Australia in England

What will be outcome of the AshesTest series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's kind of Jarryd to give us one test.
This sort of Aussie attitude only makes our players stronger and more determined. You may win the series but it's not going to be a walkover and you're going to take some bruises along the way.

No arrogance in what I said, realism.

For the past 3-4 series I've heard "We'll win the ashes, this is the best team we've had in years, you'll win but it won't be easy". This is my pre-Ashes comment, my reputation (whats left of it lol) on the line:

England will NOT come within a Bulls Roar of Australia. They'll win the 5th Test, one will be washed out and we'll win the other 3.

Jarryd said:
No arrogance in what I said, realism.

For the past 3-4 series I've heard "We'll win the ashes, this is the best team we've had in years, you'll win but it won't be easy". This is my pre-Ashes comment, my reputation (whats left of it lol) on the line:

England will NOT come within a Bulls Roar of Australia. They'll win the 5th Test, one will be washed out and we'll win the other 3.
I would like to see England win a Test but not the fifth one when the series has been already decided. But if the series is 1-0 going into the 5th Test then England winning the 5th Test to tie the series would be just great. I think by the time the tests begin the pitches will be lot easier to bat and we might see couple of drawn test matches too. The ideal thing to happen for england is to win a test match to level the Test series 1-1 going into the third or fourth Test match. Harmison, Hoggard and Flintoff will have to be at their peak form with the ball and Vaughn, Tresco, Thorpy, Butch with the bat. The key is how England starts the Test series. If they get beaten badly in first test then the tone for the entire series will be set that way but if they manage to give Aussies a run for their money then it will be a pretty interesting series.

Australia will win the series but it will be harder than before. Thats for sure!!

Last edited:
The_gas said:
I think england will win the test series 5-0, i also think share warne will pull a groin muscle in the field :)
buddy u really deserve that award ,mate, how cme u joke like that ya, 5-0 is too much, a England win would have been ok but this is unbelievable

The Champ said:
buddy u really deserve that award ,mate, how cme u joke like that ya, 5-0 is too much, a England win would have been ok but this is unbelievable

Hey i was joking about Warne's groin muscle, honestly!

The Champ said:

he already has that award :D

Jarryd said:
Series Result Australia 3-1
Man of the Series Shane Warne
General Notes England will be humbled after the first test, Strauss will show himself to be very very good, Warnie will take 25+ wickets, Flintoff will take <10 wickets and <200 runs, McGraths 500th wicket will be Trescothick in the first 10 overs, Harmison will take <15 wickets.

SO 100 Wickets on offer. and Harmison and Flintoff will take unsder 1/4 of them. so 70 wickets for Hoggy then :happy

Australia may not be bowled out in each and every innings in every Test match. 100 wickets is the maximum england can get.

Sureshot said:
SO 100 Wickets on offer. and Harmison and Flintoff will take unsder 1/4 of them. so 70 wickets for Hoggy then :happy
Australia will bat 8 times in the series, be bowled out 6 times. Only 80 max wickets on offer.

Sure, and Hoggard will score a Century.

Flintoff and Harmison will destroy your attack. there are very few world class hit the pitch bowlers.

If you say England will win the series then I would agree but Hoggard scoring a century is just too much :D

Sureshot said:

What about Giles?

Hoggy getting a century-It could happen, if England win 5-0 ;)

Has anyone seen the Sky advert for the odi's Enlgand v Aus-With Shane Warne getting into the boat being deported to Aus and then coming back?

Giles looks to be out for the one day matches, reported on Sky Sports News this morning, but he might be able to get back to fitness for the Test Matches
everyone is forgetting S Jones, in my opinion becoming the best bowler for England

Simon Jones injury in the last (i think) Ashes was a big blow to him. He would have turned heads in that series. Anyway, will he picked for the Tests?? Any clue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread