Australia in India 2013/14-Limited Overs

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Great win for India. Well played Faulkner. 40% of the credit to awful bowling by both the teams except a few spells from Mitch, Ashwin and Shami..30% to national highway kind of wickets and 30% credit to good batsmanship.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Huh? Rohit in 200 list, did I see I it right? This has turned out as a good break through series for Rohit but I would stay on negative side challenging him on abroad conditions against quality pace & bounce.

AMB

Banned
If yiou will send a 3 year child on this he will also hit runs.:facepalm

----------

Huh? Rohit in 200 list, did I see I it right? This has turned out as a good break through series for Rohit but I would stay on negative side challenging him on abroad conditions against quality pace & bounce.

In CT he played awesome.First time he is selected in a test series vs WI
Reason of MOS is 491 runs
1st ODI 43
2nd 141*
3rd 11
6th 79
7th 209

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Irrespective of the pitches served up in this series, I would like to believe that Rohit Sharma has really turned to a new positive leaf in his book, and this is a massive statement from him to stamp his potential into something rewarding. He has been batting brilliantly ever since he was converted to an opener, and this innings is a huge high for him. I wish he continues like this and takes it into the test level. A test batting lineup with batsmen like Dhawan, Pujara, Kohli, Rohit Sharma with people like Tiwary, Rayudu, Rahane to backup is very exciting to imagine.

Ashwin was brilliant today. Though he took 2 wickets only, his spell kept Australia down big time, and contributed a lot to the Indian victory in the end. Shami is a very exciting prospect. On a flat pitch like this, he clocks 143-145 more often than other Indian fast bowlers. Overall a good series win for India against a team that has been dominant in bilateral ODI's in India.

AMB

Banned
Player|Matches|Innings|NO|Runs|Best|Average|SR|100s|50s|4s|6s
RG Sharma (India)| 22| 22| 4| 1071 |209 59.50|1297|82.57|2|7|104|29

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Vinay Kumar has India found a new Sharma

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Best bowling was Shami 3-52
others
Jadeja 3-73
Ashwin 2-51
RV Kumar 1-102.

Ashwin was far far better than Jadeja. Though Jadeja took 3 wkts in the end, it was Ashwin and Shami who helped us keep Aus down.

ferg512

International Coach
Thank god that series is over and we can get into the Ashes which is some actual cricket not a home run derby.

----------

Also a lot of you are crediting Ashwin and Shami for their bowling are forgetting Australia are chasing 384 from the start, had they been batting first those bowlers would most likely also have been pummeled and Australia would have gotten around 360.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Nothing stupid. The Ashes is far more important than any other series for the Australians and similar is the case for the English.

Bringing home Johnson is moot for me. If CA was really series about the ashes preparation, this series should not have been played in the 1st place as most AUS fans would tell you.

Thank god rain fell & turned it into a 5 match series, since the idea of 7 matches was always mind-boggling stupid.

Now AUS leave the tour have lost its unique record of not losing a ODI series in IND since 1996, while the batsmen who needed serious red ball cricket based on evidence in England, just spent a month on some concrete roads in IND slogging the white ball.:facepalm

Last edited:

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
was a stupid series for australia from that point of view but come on, people trying to turn it into some slog rendered meaningless by flat pitches and what not. does anyone really believe australia are a better ODI side than india right now? really?

War

Chairman of Selectors
India have edged ahead a bit in ODI's slightly. In all the years AUS have been winnings ODI series in India, they have always had strong batting line-ups (arguably stronger when Tendy, Ganguly & co was around). But AUS bowling had more incisive wicket-taking ability on flat decks.

The current AUS ODI bowling attack although its very solid, doesn't have the extra skills that a Lee, McGrath brought to the pace attack. While they certainly don't have a work class spinner like Warne & Hogg - the weakest point.

On the Ashes, i'm not trying to turn this series into a meaningless slog although AUS should have been home playing first class cricket only before the Ashes. Inadvertently this series might have secured Bailey a place in the test squad finally & Faulkner's ability as an all-rounder across all-formats would have gone up too. However it could have jeopardized Watson's fitness & the potential balance of the 1st test squad.

Last edited:

playkid12

Club Captain
was a stupid series for australia from that point of view but come on, people trying to turn it into some slog rendered meaningless by flat pitches and what not. does anyone really believe australia are a better ODI side than india right now? really?

They're not mutually exclusive statements. Aussie is worse than India. Indian pitches and new rules were bad.

Paree

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I think rules do matter but you just cant blame the rules its the bowlers too.Look at Pak VS Saf they are also following the same rules but there is no 300+ scores every time.And coming to bangalore its a really small ground of 75m boundaries.Evan domestic stadium in our city(mysore) which belongs to KSCA is a really huge ground with 90m boundary:)

Bluey Zarsoff

School Cricketer
Dude get over this Faulkner thing...he did nothing special. Ishant Sharma was crap and will always be crap. I can probably bowl better than Ishant Sharma. Anyone could have slammed 6s against that crap bowler. So Ishant Sharma is the one who beat India by 4 wickets. If it wasn't for that idiot, we wouldn't have lost this game. There was no way in hell that Faulkner would have pulled this off if some other bowler had bowled that over. What did he do when Ashwin was bowling? Ashwin wasn't on top of his game today but still Faulkner couldn't smash him for as many boundaries because Ashwin knows what he is bowling unlike Crap Sharma.

Faulkner did something special again yesterday making his 100 off 57 balls - fastest ever by an Australian and 10th fastest of all time :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread