Australia in India

Still need a replacement for Tait aswell. I think D. Hussey and Jaques should come into the squad. He don't need another bowler, we've already got 6 bowlers in the squad, what we need is back-up batsmen. Australia have been neglecting this and it has bitten them in the arse. He had to play Haddin as a back-up batsmen twice in the 20/20 world cup, and I recall a match where we played 5 bowlers, just because we had no-one else.

They'll still pick another bowler though.

Tait was already replaced in the squad by Hilfenhaus. Hilf really deserves to play at least two games.

Watson is replaced by Hopes. Hopes struck 144 in Aus A's mammoth first innings and took 5/60 odd overall in the first class games, but his OD form wasn't visible.

Hussey's replacement is TBA, but you'd expect front runners to be Jaques or his brother. Jaques and David Hussey were in sterling form in the four day games against Pakistan A. Hussey might have an edge being more adept at the later overs. White and Voges struggled for runs on the tour, but are both contracted.

Ponting will take a couple of weeks to recover from a hammy strain, but he should play in the latter half of the series.

Bracken has taken 'compassionate leave' to be with his wife as they await the birth of their first child. As a result, it is possible he will miss much of the series.

Hodge and Haddin were also assessed with some hamstring soreness, but are expected to be fit by the start of the series.

The soft, torrential rain affected outfield at Newlands, where Australia played two thirds of their matches, has been given as a likely contributor to the injury plague.

Australia have something to think about with these injuries poping up.
There looks we are going to see a slightly different Aussie side for this series.

I've said for months that one way or another, fringe players will come into the fold over this season and it's already coming another way rather than by choice.

I'm quite happy with this situation in particular because it could clear up any selection difficulties come Test time. For example, until they are forced to put Hilfenhaus and Johnson on the field together, they are not forced to consider which one is really the better bowler. If they select David Hussey, they may find themselves too impressed to refuse him a contract. They might also select Jaques and decide he suits the team in both ODI and Test planning. It could also work the other way, ruling players out of contention.

I'm really pissed off. I'm unable to watch this series. It really sucks. :(

I guess I'll have to follow on Cricinfo. :(

Pity, subcontinental games start at a really nice time for WA viewing. I remember the absurdity of the DLF Cup in Malaysia actually running in the same hours of a standard WACA broadcast.

Will be interesting seeing who they replace Hussey with. The only backup opener we have is Hopes. We really should bring over another 2 players to cover the batting/bowling.

Meant into the squad as right now with Ponting uncertain, injury clouds over Hodge and Haddin we would be lucky to field an 11.

Meant into the squad as right now with Ponting uncertain, injury clouds over Hodge and Haddin we would be lucky to field an 11.

lol ......... :laugh this all started from 20/20 :( hamstring is playing a major role in this injuries

i think y pathan looks really promising and should get a chance in the odis. india cant drop all of the t20 players.

Last edited:
Voges has been added to the squad.

Although I'm a big fan of Voges, there is absolubtley no justification choosing him over David Hussey.

Hussey was very good last domestic season, on fire in county cricket, and scored 2 centuries in 3 innings against Pakistan A.

Pity, subcontinental games start at a really nice time for WA viewing. I remember the absurdity of the DLF Cup in Malaysia actually running in the same hours of a standard WACA broadcast.
Great:)

Voges><Hussey

[that means I cant split the two:)]

i think squad rotation should be the policy for india in these 7 odis. got to give chances to these new guys

Users who are viewing this thread