Australia in India

Pity there's no test matches. Definitely diminishes my level of interest in the series. Test matches is the meat of cricket. ODIs are merely the side dishes and T20s are the salt and pepper. You cannot have cricket without Tests. This tour looks imcomplete without them :(

Here are my teams for Aus starting next Saturday. Ponting is injured, so I've done 2 teams.

No Ponting

Gilchrist
Hayden
Hodge
Symonds
Clarke
D Hussey
M Hussey
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Clark

Yes Ponting

Gilchrist
Hayden
Ponting
Symonds
Clarke
M Hussey
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
Clark

That 5th bowling option is going to be a real problem once again.

You probably wouldn't get a result if any of the Tests if there played in India.

Quality batsman.
Poor bowlers.

We've got some good pitches in India. And we do have a good attack now. Don't under-estimate India. The last time India were in Australia, the test series was tied at 1-1.

In fact, Australia might beat India in the ODIs, but in Tests, it would be more of an even contest.

We've got some good pitches in India. And we do have a good attack now. Don't under-estimate India. The last time India were in Australia, the test series was tied at 1-1.

In fact, Australia might beat India in the ODIs, but in Tests, it would be more of an even contest.

We are not under-estimating any team, if we could have, then we would have not won World Cups for 3 times in a row :) last time When India visted Australia, things were different and when last time Australia visited India results were different also :p

In India
Odi's OWN tests.
Obviously, the BCCI wants to milk as much money as they possibly can.
I'm all for ODI's, though :D

OK. I get it. You want us to play you in a format where you think you can win. :D

Though I guess the BCCI obvisouly wants lots of money so they probably feel that playing 7 ODI's would be good for the Indian crowds.

OK. I get it. You want us to play you in a format where you think you can win. :D

Though I guess the BCCI obvisouly wants lots of money so they probably feel that playing 7 ODI's would be good for the Indian crowds.

Indeed. Tests seem to be popular in Australia too.

looks like aussies will see this tour as revenge for the semi,

expecting india to get rolled over

Me too sadly but I hope India put up a hell of a fight against an ODI team so far ahead of the rest, it is no longer funny (figure of speech - it was never funny;)).

we are playing in india. we will be having our seniors come back fresh and we will have the boys who have been a part of this successful world cup riding the momentum.

india wont get rolled over. i can assure that. in fact india will do well this time in the odi's.

really? the last 50 over ODI the aussies played was in the world cup final and that was with mcgrath, india are probably at their best when they are playing at home...

i hope it is a good series for india would not minde a 7 - 0 win

Indeed. Tests seem to be popular in Australia too.

I do like ODI's and Tests equally. It is just I think that having 7 ODI's is a bit much. Though I think it should be a good series.

Aye 7 ODI's if flogging them. They only work when the series is tight, ala England - India earlier this year.

If one side really dominates then they're boring as.

well if the team you support is dominating, i would not mind them. it should be a good series.

Users who are viewing this thread