Australia in India

i think squad rotation should be the policy for india in these 7 odis. got to give chances to these new guys

This is very likely considering one squad has been announced for the first three ODIs and not for the others. Virender Sehwag, Rohit Sharma as well as successful India A players will likely factor in to this squad for the final four ODIs.

I think Dilip Vengsarkar has mentioned that Virender Sehwag will get a chance against the Aussies.

I think Sachin, Ganguly and Dravid are sure only for the first three ODI's. After that, I think only one of them will play in the remaining ODI's where the selectors will be keen to give our Twenty20 heroes a chance in the 50 over version and make them ready for it.

Yousuf Pathan deserves a chance in the team. He is a very promising allrounder and although he scored only 15, the manner in which he played shows that he is a very exciting prospect. His bowling is said to be very useful and we can unearth another allrounder. Joginder might not go for as much runs as he went in Twenty20 and so, he can also be given chances in the 50 over version. If we can have 2 - 3 allrounders in the team, that is the most terrific thing to happen to Indian cricket.

I am now really worried about the direction in which indian cricket will go. This is the best time to work towards building a really good Indian outfit. But it could also be that the board could become really complacent and could destroy all the glory that we have achieved in recent times.

I think Sachin, Ganguly and Dravid are sure only for the first three ODI's. After that, I think only one of them will play in the remaining ODI's where the selectors will be keen to give our Twenty20 heroes a chance in the 50 over version and make them ready for it.

I feel that the three will likely be in the next squad and the newcomers are the ones who will be rotated. Whilst staying in the squad, they may not play all the games.

Yousuf Pathan deserves a chance in the team. He is a very promising allrounder and although he scored only 15, the manner in which he played shows that he is a very exciting prospect. His bowling is said to be very useful and we can unearth another allrounder. Joginder might not go for as much runs as he went in Twenty20 and so, he can also be given chances in the 50 over version. If we can have 2 - 3 allrounders in the team, that is the most terrific thing to happen to Indian cricket.

Based on his List A averages, he seems to be a good hard hitting all rounder but does not seem to take many wickets (average of 47.11). I feel that if he improves his bowling, he could fall back on his bowling when his agressive batting fails, ala Afridi.

I am now really worried about the direction in which indian cricket will go. This is the best time to work towards building a really good Indian outfit. But it could also be that the board could become really complacent and could destroy all the glory that we have achieved in recent times.

What do you mean?

I think he's implying that an element of complacency might slip into the Indian camp and they'll rest on their laurels and go off the boil like England did after the 2005 Ashes.

Oh no, not again.

5/1 after 1.1 overs-here we come again! :(

What about Pathan then? Will we see another stupid performance from Pathan where he bowls without any swing or pace and becomes cannon fodder for the batsman? Sehwag has done well in the 20-20 championship and deserves another chance.

If we have to bring Sehwag back, playing him on the flat pitches at home is the best way forward. He might get back his lost confidence after the disastrous South Africa tour where he kept getting out early...

Irfan Pathan should make the 11 now without a problem. I think he's got the weapons now to bowl on flat pitches, particularly his slower ball and the yorker. His increased pace will make those weapons more effective.

Not to surprised with Voges call up, hes already played for Aus so that gave him the edge of Hussey. Obviously didn't want an opener so Jaques wasn't considered.

Not to surprised with Voges call up, hes already played for Aus so that gave him the edge of Hussey. Obviously didn't want an opener so Jaques wasn't considered.

Thanks, no Jacques this time :) last time i saw him, was struggling to get runs against Kiwis :(

Will be interesting to see India employ this "rotation policy". We had been kings at home prior to our downfall that started when we toured the West Indies and culminated in the Champions Trophy. Hopefully we can recapture this form over the next month and make this series competitive. :D

I think this series will be an exciting look at the future of cricket because both sides are looking to expand--one by choice and one by injuries.

I find it amusing that Mitchell Johnson & Adam Voges are both over the age of 25 and combined have only played 51 first-class matches all up.

2nd ODI is in Kochi hometown of Sreesanth.There will be breakdance in his homeground.:D

There will be.
Anyways,the Aussies wont smash him here.
They would want him to come to Australia and then they'll smash him out.

Users who are viewing this thread