Australia in India

There will be.
Anyways,the Aussies wont smash him here.
They would want him to come to Australia and then they'll smash him out.

It will be foolish to underestimate Sreesanth.South African did it,England did it and they paid for it.If they prepare green bouncy pitches then we have the guys in our line up.

If we have to bring Sehwag back, playing him on the flat pitches at home is the best way forward. He might get back his lost confidence after the disastrous South Africa tour where he kept getting out early...

Irfan Pathan should make the 11 now without a problem. I think he's got the weapons now to bowl on flat pitches, particularly his slower ball and the yorker. His increased pace will make those weapons more effective.

Absolutely right.

Absolutely right.

Aha, somebody who agrees with me. :p

With Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth and RP Singh, we have a bowling attack that can take on Australia in Australia. Also there is healthy competition in the spin department with Bhajji, Piyush Chawla and Romesh Powar all looking good and Anil Kumble not yet retired.

Hope their fitness holds good.

Aha, somebody who agrees with me. :p

With Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Sreesanth and RP Singh, we have a bowling attack that can take on Australia in Australia. Also there is healthy competition in the spin department with Bhajji, Piyush Chawla and Romesh Powar all looking good and Anil Kumble not yet retired.

Hope their fitness holds good.

It is a very good squad and I too hope the fitness holds good. I believe an attack of Zaheer, RP Singh, Pathan with Chawla and one of the off spinners could be world beaters.

Three left armers? The Indian thinktank might not like that. However, they are our best bowlers at the moment, so I suppose we must go with them.

Three left armers? The Indian thinktank might not like that. However, they are our best bowlers at the moment, so I suppose we must go with them.

Definitely Sreesanth is a must after his last few games. Of course he went for runs in the India-Pakistan T20 final, but that was a high-pressure game and he was still running in as aggressively as ever. Not to mention he held on to crucial catches in the outfield.

His attitude definitely helps the team. I think it's going to be a hard choice for the selectors. In my view the bowlers must be rotated in order to ensure their freshness (and fitness). Long season ahead and they will be playing in harsher weather back home.

We need all the bowlers we can get to hold up.

What is wrong with three left armers, especially since they are all different.

Zaheer: Short of a length bowler who moves it primarily away off the pitch.
RP Singh: Length bowler who swings it primarily in out of the hand
Pathan: Full swing bowler who swings it in late.

Definitely Sreesanth is a must after his last few games. Of course he went for runs in the India-Pakistan T20 final, but that was a high-pressure game and he was still running in as aggressively as ever. Not to mention he held on to crucial catches in the outfield.

He was very inconsistant and some may argue that Australia was his one and only good game.

His attitude definitely helps the team. I think it's going to be a hard choice for the selectors. In my view the bowlers must be rotated in order to ensure their freshness (and fitness). Long season ahead and they will be playing in harsher weather back home.

We need all the bowlers we can get to hold up.

Yes, rotation is a must but I feel the five I mentioned should be the main core.

Last edited:
no ramesh powar for me....he would just slow down the newly reborn fielding
& freshness of the indian team...

i think india can go with 5 bowlers..

RP, pathan, Zaheer, sreesanth and bhajji....now that would be DEADLY !!!!

no doubt they need to be rotated but playing these 5 bowlers will remove
the pressure of the ADDITIONAL 5th bowler for the team/captain...
and most of the times its these part-time bowlers that get picked on and
hammered the most....

India have a dilemma at the moment on who to pick, this would be my starting elevem for saturday: :D

1) Gautam Gambhir - hes impressed in the T20 and he can score quicker than Ganguly up the order
2) Sachin Tendulkar
3) Rahul Dravid
4) Robin Uthappa
5) Sourav Ganguly
6) Yuvraj Singh
7) Mahendra Singh Dhoni C+
8) Irfan Pathan
9) Harbhajan Singh/Piyush Chawla
10) Zaheer Khan
11) RP Singh

for those who don't want Pathan in the team (who wouldnt after his performance in the T20! :D) sreesanth can always come in, but for me these 3 seamers seem the best at the moment, sreesanth can be a bit too wayward at times...

I think Australia will either win this series 7-0 reiterating why their the best or lose it and people will start to doubt Australia (meaning whoever they play after this series will get hammered!)

I think Australia will either win this series 7-0 reiterating why their the best or lose it and people will start to doubt Australia (meaning whoever they play after this series will get hammered!)

Not really, i think India have a chance in this series....................as long as they get Haydos and Gilly out early every match! ;)

Aussie cricketers arrive in India!

aussiecg1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread