Australia in India

India look to have a strong line up of players and could be competive with a few Australians injured or away for personal reasons. It'll be good to see how Australia do without McGrath, Warne and other top players.
Looks like a very interesting series.

Harbhajan has had good T20 World Cup ad that would be the dilemma for India since they have 3 spinners who are doing well now.
I would be tempting to give Chawla the nod since he's a good young leggie.

Australia will have to weather the storm with the injuries and see how there back up players do.

Rohit is not picked because he didnt play when the team was announced on September 18th. The England and South Africa games in the WC happened after the selection.

We have 4 more games where a new team can be selected. Rohit and the other heroes have a good chance of making it to the ODI team.

I believe I read an article somewhere where Vengsarkar claimed that Rohit Sharma and Sehwag would get chances in the latter half of the series.

Can Voges repeat his catching efforts of the series against NZ?
Adam-Voges1.gif

Sorry for the bad size, it's meant for an avatar.

That catch wasnt that great,had a bit of Hollywood acting involved.

Be careful what you wish for Ricky!
You just might get it.
I think Sreesanth should be careful more than Ponting, from that article. I don't think he's really wishing for India to play exceptionally, that's just the headline. He simply says India's T20 win doesn't mean they are equals in this series.

Ponting's position is accurate; India's senior players will be under pressure from the players who starred in South Africa, while those players will still have expectation to deliver a comparable performance. Last time Australia played an ODI, they won the World Cup; the onus is definitely on India to bring game.

Usual mind games being played by Ricky here. I wont give too much into it. Happy that Sreesanth is getting into the act replying back. Putting pressure with words before a series is not new to Australia and to us also. Ask Ganguly!

Well, I feel the senior players will turn out to be really important for us when we take on Australia in the first few ODI's. We hardly have any gap between the World Cup win and the first three games. The seniors have rested enough and are fresh to go than the guys who have come from South Africa. So the mix of seniors with these boys will be very tough for Australia. Ponting talks about Indian fielding, but if we notice in England, the majority of the poor fielding did not come from the seniors but it came from the younger guys like RP Singh, Gautam Gambhir, Munaf Patel, Zaheer Khan, etc.

We are playing in India now, and we have home advantage. Our guys know how to score runs in these conditions, so it will surely work to our advantage in the upcoming series. Saying that, Australia should start as favorites since they are world champions in the 50-over format. So I would say - BRING IT ON!

"Something has been sparked inside of me, watching them carry on (celebrating) over the last few days," he told AAP.

"I think we have been pretty humble in the way we have gone about it and personally I think they have got far too carried away with their celebrations. It has definitely sparked passion inside of us."
What a foolish comment by Symonds.Cant we celebrate?

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22494476-5001505,00.html

Users who are viewing this thread