Australia in India

it should be a good series. 7 - 0 to india i am messing that will be really difficult, wouldnt mind but just hope it is a good one

difficult?

not even the most confident person would make such a prediction. the last time the aussies lost 3-0 to new zealand in an odi series, they bounced back to win the (actual) world cup.

imo, india have a good chance of winning this series (not 7-0 though), since they are playing at home, after a good performance in the twenty20, but the aussies are going to make them earn every victory, so if the former become complacent, its all over.

Should be a good series.I think that the games should be all close and the important factor might well be the toss and if India dont get complacent after their recent victories.

Should be a good series.I think that the games should be all close and the important factor might well be the toss and if India dont get complacent after their recent victories.

Toss-only in night matches,I believe.

win the toss and put runs on the board..we are good at defending totals

No, you're not. Your specialty is chasing. If you don't have a proper 5th bowler, you will struggle to defend anything.

Last edited:
should be a good enough contest.....i dont see either team losing without
a fight....! would love to see ponting's irritating face crying like a baby the way he did in the mumbai test a few years back......:D

I don't see why people are making a big deal out of the Aussies shouting their mouths off. They do it all the time, every series, every tournament!

Funnily enough, they usually back it up with wins (recent Ashes series, last time I'll mention that)

Yes,but remember India are playing at home.

So? Wouldn't it be better if you chased especially if you're familiar with the conditions and you are better at it!

Last edited:
I don't see why people are making a big deal out of the Aussies shouting their mouths off. They do it all the time, every series, every tournament!

Funnily enough, they usually back it up with wins (recent Ashes series, last time I'll mention that)

So? Wouldn't it be better if you chased especially if you're familiar with the conditions and you are better at it!

Aussies have no right to say that the Indians were over-reacting to the T20 win.Infact,the Aussies are sending out pretty negative signals and clearly show that the T20 defeat still lingers on their mind.

As for the chasing,well India should have no problem with batting first/second.

Aussies have no right to say that the Indians were over-reacting to the T20 win.Infact,the Aussies are sending out pretty negative signals and clearly show that the T20 defeat still lingers on their mind.

As for the chasing,well India should have no problem with batting first/second.

They do it all the time and it usually pays off. The Aussies have every right to voice their opinions. If it is indeed sour grapes, why are you so bothered?

Well cuase it seems like the Aussies are the ones who are over-doing their defeat.

Whatever happens,we know that we are in for an exciting contest.

Anyone here knows that Ricky Ponting was kissed by an Indian fan(male)?:p

You can already tell the Indian supporters are glad to see the back of Glenn McGrath.

The ammount of times McGrath has silenced an Indian crowd is amazing!

The way he'd always get India's beloved Sachin Tendulkar out on those flat subcontient pitches & just the expressions on the Indian supporters' faces was priceless! How'd they slowly put their flags to the ground & sit down in absolute disbelief! The entire arena would errupt in silence! Such a beautiful thing to watch...

I agree on McGrath silencing Indian supporters. But he hasnt completely had the wood on Sachin, I would say. He has got Sachin's wicket a few times, but I wouldnt say he has had the complete wood on him like he had on Brian Lara.

But no denying that McGrath is a legend. Just see the number of bowlers who want to be like him!

They just dont know what effect it could have on them with these verbal duels against the Indians. You guys kept quiet, but the Indian's wont.

Whatever happens,we know that we are in for an exciting contest.

What type of a pitch do we have for tomorrow? We got to prepare some good wickets for this series, and do well on them. I dont want those boring flat subcontinental wickets. A Chennai type wicket with bounce and pace on it coupled with good value for shots would be good.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread