Australia in India

Oh god! I love this, I really really love this. The Australians are speaking too much and are probably going to help India not get into complacent mode and will probably help us in an indirect way.

The Australians are used to winning trophies like this, would accept it humbly for sure. We are winning a major trophy after 22 years (not counting the shared ICC Champions trophy with Sri Lanka in 2002). We have every right to celebrate the way we did. We are not Australia, we are India. Cricket is like a religion for us.

Anyways, I am waiting to see our boys simply pumped up after all this talk by Ponting and Symonds, and give it back to them in full measure. Cant wait for this series to start. Sachin, get your talking bat ready! Wont count out Saurav here.

This series is definitely going to be passionate. I think that the Australians are waging their war of words a little too boldly. We'll see on the field how it works out for them.

Definitely a few Aussie batsmen will be targeted-but that's international cricket.

with saruv,sachin,dravid in the team..it will be tough for australia to beat them...the only area where india will struggle is fielding.....batting will be rock solid and bowling will look good wit 3 left arm pacers and 2 spinners...

india has its home advantage...and also india is playin well since bdesh tour..

my team

ganguly,sachin,dravid,yuvaraj singh,rohit sharma,ms dhoni,pathan,sreesanth.,harbhajan singh,zaheer khan,r.p singh

sreesanth can be replaced by powar if its slow wicket

win the toss and put runs on the board..we are good at defending totals

Last edited:
LMAO Ponting and Symonds make me amused. Their celebrating has sparked something inside Symonds? That's probably the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

LMAO Ponting and Symonds make me amused. Their celebrating has sparked something inside Symonds? That's probably the funniest thing I've heard in a while.

They actually started celebrating too early even without confirming whether the victory was announced or not (i the 50-over WC this year). The difference is, their celebrations dont make as big a news as India's celebrations do make. Thats the difference and Symonds seems not to be happy with that.

This series is definitely going to be passionate. I think that the Australians are waging their war of words a little too boldly. We'll see on the field how it works out for them.

Definitely a few Aussie batsmen will be targeted-but that's international cricket.

I agree. Added to that, some former Aussie bowlers said that Indian batsmen are scared of facing fast short pitched deliveries and that some of the players stay in the team by political clout.

All this shows to me that the Australians are worried about their prospects in this upcoming series, and are using this sort of things to try to get the Indians down.

Last edited:
Ponting set himself up to look like an idiot yet again.

I hate to say it, but I don't think Australia be dominant. India winning wouldn't surprise me.

I think India's inclusion of the trinity is going to have a negative effect. They're great players no doubt but i think they play for themselves only. Plus, the balance of the team is going to be a little unstable. Sure they did well in England but that was England, not an exceptionally strong side. Winning the Twenty20 was an excellent feat but the format has changed. Its now 50 overs. India won by they bowling attack in the end. Their fielding played a major part in their success. Bring in the big 3 and their fielding and thus bowling is going to depreciate. Plus, the learning curve for the youngsters is limited if the big 3 hold the top batting spots. In conclusion i think India will put a good fight but it'll be a lost cause because the youth won't get that experience which is what india really need.

I'm skeptical of Powar. He's a liability in my opinion as he is a poor fielder. I think Gambhir needs to be put in. This can be the series that can decide if he has what it takes to mix with the best.

Last edited:
You can already tell the Indian supporters are glad to see the back of Glenn McGrath.

The ammount of times McGrath has silenced an Indian crowd is amazing!

The way he'd always get India's beloved Sachin Tendulkar out on those flat subcontient pitches & just the expressions on the Indian supporters' faces was priceless! How'd they slowly put their flags to the ground & sit down in absolute disbelief! The entire arena would errupt in silence! Such a beautiful thing to watch...

Agree with karnog. Fielding will definitely come down a notch with Ganguly and Dravid back in the side.

Tendulkar still fields decently, but he has definitely slowed down but Ganguly and Dravid are the real culprits.

I hope all three retire from ODIs. It's no longer a game they can play as fit individuals. They can extend their test careers by bidding a dignified farewell to the shorter form of the game.

You can already tell the Indian supporters are glad to see the back of Glenn McGrath.

The ammount of times McGrath has silenced an Indian crowd is amazing!

The way he'd always get India's beloved Sachin Tendulkar out on those flat subcontient pitches & just the expressions on the Indian supporters' faces was priceless! How'd they slowly put their flags to the ground & sit down in absolute disbelief! The entire arena would errupt in silence! Such a beautiful thing to watch...
Yeah Glenn McGrath's retirement has been good for many opposition batsmen.
off topic
I can sense a drastic form of overcompensation-psychologically this stems from a deep fear of some event happening, so one expresses a sort of 'hatred' or contempt of it.

Drunk man tries to kiss Ponting

Australian captain Ricky Ponting was in for a rude shock on Thursday when a male bidder tried to kiss him at a charity event organised in Bangalore to auction his bats and photographs.

He left everyone in no doubt that he is a crazy fan of Ponting, but no one ever imagined that he would be so crazy!

http://www.rediff.com/cricket/2007/sep/28diary.htm

lmao ..he scared ricky ...we shud make this crazy fan sit in the stands during the first odi

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Glenn McGrath's retirement has been good for many opposition batsmen.
off topic
I can sense a drastic form of overcompensation-psychologically this stems from a deep fear of some event happening, so one expresses a sort of 'hatred' or contempt of it.
You mean like sort of depression of getting knocked out in the groups stages of the original World Cup by a fellow subcontient team which of whom doesn't go by the name of "Pakistan" or "Sri Lanka" and then being one of the million perpertraitors to burn posters & photos of your own players?

You mean like sort of depression of getting knocked out in the groups stages of the original World Cup by a fellow subcontient team which of whom doesn't go by the name of "Pakistan" or "Sri Lanka" and then being one of the million perpertraitors to burn posters & photos of your own players?

I can understand your feelings...
30.gif

If Australia lose to mighty Zimbabwe...the tournament becomes not so-original...what a LOGIC :p

ODI Statistics Australia V India Head to Head

Code:
                Aus     Ind     NR       Total
In Australia  	24 	6 	0  	 30
In India  	16 	12 	3  	 31
Neutral Venue  	11 	9 	2  	 22
Total  	        51 	27 	5  	 83

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread