Australia in India

It will be foolish to underestimate Sreesanth.South African did it,England did it and they paid for it.If they prepare green bouncy pitches then we have the guys in our line up.

Sree at home ?
The record has been poor.And i doubt India will prepare a bouncy track.

I think Australia will either win this series 7-0 reiterating why their the best or lose it and people will start to doubt Australia (meaning whoever they play after this series will get hammered!)

7-0 ?
Not even in my wildest dreams.
Well,they do have a fair chance of winning the first one at Bangalore,but the scoreline would read 4-3 in either team's favor.

This is Australia, I just think regardless of the conditions,regardless of how well India are doing, if they play to their best in all the games, which i believe their capable of and will be pumped up for doing it after they lost in the twenty20's to India, they will win 7-0. Like in the ashes in 05, there was 25 day of cricket but they managed to win the series 5-0. They can do it and I reckon they really can, otherwise things could go wrong and i reckon they'll lose the series if they don't hammer India

Pumped up ?
I think they will be down,especially after the loss and the loss of Ponting,Hussey,Watson and Bracken.
This is India's best chance to capitalize.

This is Australia, I just think regardless of the conditions,regardless of how well India are doing, if they play to their best in all the games, which i believe their capable of and will be pumped up for doing it after they lost in the twenty20's to India, they will win 7-0. Like in the ashes in 05, there was 25 day of cricket but they managed to win the series 5-0. They can do it and I reckon they really can, otherwise things could go wrong and i reckon they'll lose the series if they don't hammer India

7-0... not a chance... :rolleyes:

I never said they would do it, I just said i thought they would do that or lose the series, Australia are a lot better side than India so I don't see how there is no chance. I thought that about htem whitewashing us in the ashes, Australia have bouncebackability like no other side and if its not India i reckon that if they carry on getting talked about as losing their dominance someone in the near future is going to get absolutely hammered. Sure Australia are weakened and on the backfoot but thats when their at the best imo, they have better strength in depth than anybody and the players on the fringes will want to stake their claims for a place. It's only a prediction theres no need to be so defensive

I never said they would do it, I just said i thought they would do that or lose the series, Australia are a lot better side than India so I don't see how there is no chance. I thought that about htem whitewashing us in the ashes, Australia have bouncebackability like no other side and if its not India i reckon that if they carry on getting talked about as losing their dominance someone in the near future is going to get absolutely hammered. Sure Australia are weakened and on the backfoot but thats when their at the best imo, they have better strength in depth than anybody and the players on the fringes will want to stake their claims for a place. It's only a prediction theres no need to be so defensive

It could happen theoritically, but the conditions in India won't suit Australia at all, we have the home advantage, the crowds and of course the weather which will sap the Aussies. I still remember how the Aussie fast bowlers have struggled to cope with the conditions in the past and it might not be too different. Plus they have no world-class spinner in their ranks.

Sure, in one or two venues, they might have the advantage, but I bet their bowling strength will be blunted by some absolute belters. Batting-wise the teams are evenly matched so India has a fair chance.

the main worry for Australia as well as the conditions and injurys i reckon is that they could be undercooked but forget all that. Whats the point in making a boring prediction? :p

the main worry for Australia as well as the conditions and injurys i reckon is that they could be undercooked but forget all that. Whats the point in making a boring prediction? :p

Indeed.

I feel that if Pathan can play the all rounder role, India should go into the ODIs with two spinners since Australia have struggled against Indian spinners in India in the past. The spinners bowling long spells and in turn preventing the fast bowlers from doing so, can keep them fresh throughout the seven ODIs as will the earlier mentioned rotation system. I think that after the fifth ODI, the remaining two will come down to fitness, stamina and how well the players have been rested.

I think Austraila are after revenge so they will want to win this but
India are a good side because they got Yuvraj Singh:)

I think Australia will either win this series 7-0 reiterating why their the best or lose it and people will start to doubt Australia (meaning whoever they play after this series will get hammered!)

7-0 against India in india? I would say thats impossible even for the most invincible of teams in the world.

that was england, but this is INDIA my friend! we wont lose a series 7-0 at home even if its the west indies of the 80's who were far more menacing than this australian lineup thats coming at us now.

I think Austraila are after revenge so they will want to win this but
India are a good side because they got Yuvraj Singh:)

Also, now the seniors will be very keen to prove that they can still remain in the team and score well. They will begin to feel itchy because a failure in this series could very well see them being dropped for some of our T20 heroes. Yuvraj is in brilliant form, Sachin was in excellent form in England along with Saurav, and Dravid is out of his captaincy tag. Only worry for me is the fielding which could take a dip with the entry of the seniors. If we can manage that well, we can win this series.

Last edited:
I've just noticed something, India are trying out plan A and plan B against the Aussies.

Plan A is the pretty much the squad from the England series (with Harbhajan in for the injured Chawla and Pathan in for Agarkar) both of which would normally happen.

Plan B is going to be the squad for the last four ODIs and will likely include youngsters like Rohit Sharma, Yusuf Pathan and probably an India A player like Raina or Kumar after their ODI series against South Africa A.

I believe the BCCI would want to compare how the two approaches go.

guys its frustrating how Rohit Sharma is not picked...that kid is CLASS and a perfect one down batsman to me....
heres my dream lineup:
Sachin
Sehwag
Gambhir
Rohit
Dravid
Yuvraj
Dhoni
Yousf
Irfan
Bhajji
Z. Khan