Australia in India

Ponting is not playing tomorrow :( so most probably lineups will be :)

Gillchrist
Hayden
Hodge
Clarke
Symonds
Haddin
Voges/Hopes
Hogg
Lee
Clark
Johnson

To the guys in the US:
If you have Dish Network, they are showing Zee Sports on Channel 576 for FREE until october 3rd.
Zee Sports is airing the games!! :)

To the guys in the US:
If you have Dish Network, they are showing Zee Sports on Channel 576 for FREE until october 3rd.
Zee Sports is airing the games!! :)

AWESOME!!! AWESOME!! AWESOME!!!

I am getting up at 5am tomorrow then. Watching a free match is great

What a waste of a match!!! Great start from India, but magnificient recovery from the Aussies (these guys are not world champions for nuts! what depth in their batting!!! amazing).

Sachin was unlucky that his concentration was affected by the rain and he got a great ball. I feel the rain probably worked more in India's favor. Had the game continued after the rain, it would have been more bowler friendly and India could have lost more wickets and even could have lost which would not have been fair on our players. So rain eventually helped them and now the focus shifts to Kochi.

There were some "not good" decisions from Dhoni. Why did he select Powar over Harbhajan? What does Powar have that Bhajji doesnt have. If people say Harbhajan is a restrictive bowler and doesnt look wickets, then Powar is even worse. He waits for the batsmen to make mistakes by bowling that loopy off breaks, and mixes them (which Bhajji can do too). Bhajji is one of the better fielders in this Indian side, and Powar is one of the worst fielders in the side now. Also why was Irfan sent out today? Chappell made that big mistake of trying a batsman out of Irfan and ended up destroying Irfan the bowler. We had just lost one wicket at that time, and it was not risky sending in our usual top order batsman.

With Ganguly having fitness issues (thank god!), it would be good to bring in Robin Uthappa for Ganguly and Harbhajan Singh in for Ramesh Powar. It is sad that Piyush got injured at this wrong time. When we need two spinners, we have to use Powar.

Meanwhile, Sreesanth draws first blood against Hayden - Symonds.

Last edited:
What a waste of a match!!! Great start from India, but magnificient recovery from the Aussies (these guys are not world champions for nuts! what depth in their batting!!! amazing).

Sachin was unlucky that his concentration was affected by the rain and he got a great ball. I feel the rain probably worked more in India's favor. Had the game continued after the rain, it would have been more bowler friendly and India could have lost more wickets and even could have lost which would not have been fair on our players. So rain eventually helped them and now the focus shifts to Kochi.

There were some "not good" decisions from Dhoni. Why did he select Powar over Harbhajan? What does Powar have that Bhajji doesnt have. If people say Harbhajan is a restrictive bowler and doesnt look wickets, then Powar is even worse. He waits for the batsmen to make mistakes by bowling that loopy off breaks, and mixes them (which Bhajji can do too). Bhajji is one of the better fielders in this Indian side, and Powar is one of the worst fielders in the side now. Also why was Irfan sent out today? Chappell made that big mistake of trying a batsman out of Irfan and ended up destroying Irfan the bowler. We had just lost one wicket at that time, and it was not risky sending in our usual top order batsman.

With Ganguly having fitness issues (thank god!), it would be good to bring in Robin Uthappa for Ganguly and Harbhajan Singh in for Ramesh Powar. It is sad that Piyush got injured at this wrong time. When we need two spinners, we have to use Powar.

Meanwhile, Sreesanth draws first blood against Hayden - Symonds.

Harbhajan is having stiff neck

Also why was Irfan sent out today? Chappell made that big mistake of trying a batsman out of Irfan and ended up destroying Irfan the bowler. We had just lost one wicket at that time, and it was not risky sending in our usual top order batsman.

Probably, with the rain interfering, they don't want to loose another batsmen like what happened to Tendulkar. ( Dismissal was a brilliant delivery though ) So its just a gamble which i don't think it will happen again under normal conditions.

Australia oughta feel robbed.
They were probably going to win, thank god for rain :)

Clarke was awesome-from 90-4 getting to 307 is awesome. Sreesanth is india's only plus from the match, bowled really well.
need to work on the wides, though, india.

Clarke really does like that venue, that 100 could be the making of him as a number 4 in the ODI arena. Shame the match didn't go on, would have been interesting seeing how our bowlers would have gone about defending that total. Johnson again proving a thorn in the Indian side.

Australia oughta feel robbed.
They were probably going to win, thank god for rain :)

Clarke was awesome-from 90-4 getting to 307 is awesome. Sreesanth is india's only plus from the match, bowled really well.
need to work on the wides, though, india.

Not necessarily. Had India continued on in conditions similar to what it was before the rain, we cant say anything. I feel India deserved not playing it coz it would have been unfair on them.

Those idiots at Nimbus mixed up the commentary.
Both Hindi and English was on at the same time :mad

India should thank there lucky stars. They were on the verge of being annilated.

Lol, don't be so sure. Sachin's wicket could've been an obstacle in a marvellous victory for india. Pathan could've done a clarke and scored a century... yeah yeah wishful thinking. Meh i'm neutral to this series. Don't really care who wins, just wanna watch great cricket.

I have to say, the picture quality on Sky Sports was terrible, every time the screen went onto the crowd it went blurry and it simply wasnt acceptable, it was watching a video on youtube.

I agree, Indians got saved by the rain, i think powar has to be dropped and we should play the extra batsmen until bhajji is fit again because his bowling was crap yesterday and he will get slogged everywhere this series an also the aussies will pick him out in the field because 'you know why '.

I will laugh and Tendulkar and Ganguly, maybe Dravid, at the end of this series if they don't do anything, watching a bunch of youngsters beat the best sides in the world and These so called 'World-Class-Players' not doing anything, i will seriously laugh at them...

Users who are viewing this thread