Prithvi

10 years at Planetcricket
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
34rtvyv.jpg

"Ridiculous running with two balls to go......"
"Straight down the ground! What a victory! That is a sensational game of cricket......"

With just 45 days left for cricketing action between the two world class Cricketing nations, the Cricket South Africa have announced the schedule for Australian tour of South Africa. As planned earlier, it dealt between 2 test matches, 3 ODi matches and 3 T20i matches between these two nations. Apart for this, Australia had a First Class match against the South Africa A, which would give some fair amount of practice to them.

Ricky Ponting has announced that this will be his last tour and he'll retire from the rest two formats as well. From South African side Mark Boucher said that he'll quit cricket after this series as well. With two legends of the game retiring, this series has got much more attention to it, than what it actually deserved.

Regarding the injuries, Michael Clarke might miss the whole due to the multiple fractures, which he caught up in the recent car accident he met with.

Schedule:

Practice Match:
August 19th-21st, 2011: South Africa A v Australians, 2 Day First Class Match at Kingsmead, Durban.

Castle Test Series:

August 23rd-27th, 2011: First test, South Africa v Australia at Kingsmead, Durban (L).

September 31st-4th, 2011: Second test, South Africa v Australia at New Wanderers, Johannesburg (L).

MTN ODi Series:

September 7th, 2011: First ODi, South Africa v Australia at New Wanderers, Johannesburg(L).

September 9th, 2011: Second ODi, South Africa v Australia at St George's Park, Port Elizabeth(L).

September 11th, 2011: Third ODi, South Africa v Australia at New Lands, Cape Town(L).

Standard Bank Pro20 Series:

September 13th, 2011: First T20i, South Africa v Australia at St George's Park, Port Elizabeth(L).

September 14th, 2011: Second T20i, South Africa v Australia at New Lands, Cape Town(L).

September 16th, 2011: Third T20i, South Africa v Australia at Kingsmead, Durban(L).

Last edited:
Good start mate! BTW you've written that there will be two t20s but the banner says it is three. Just correct that. Rest all seems to be good. GL :thumbs

Hope Michael Clarke is all good!

34rtvyv.jpg

The guests Australia announce their 17 man squad for the total tour to South Africa. The Cricket Australia cheif Selector James Sutherland announced the squad in Sydney Cricket Ground. Michael Clarke, the newly appointed skipper had met with a car accident and ended up with multiple fractures all over his body, which meant that he was out of the tour to South Africa. Deciding on the skipper, with Ricky Ponting accepting to take up captaincy as the team required, Cricket Australia have given the captaincy to Ricky Ponting, who declared that he'll be quitting cricket after the tour to South Africa.

James Sutherland made the selection process clear by informing that the 17 men selected will tour South Africa for all the three formats. He said,"We've decided to send batch of 17 players for the total tour, instead of selecting two different sets."

australia1.png

Ricky Ponting
Cameron White
Callum Ferguson
Brad Haddin
John Hastings
David Hussey
Michael Hussey
Mitchell Johnson
Jason Krejza
Brett Lee
Tim Paine
Steven Smith
Shaun Tait
Shane Watson
Doug Bollinger
Nathan Hauritz
Dirk Nannes​

----------

Good start mate! BTW you've written that there will be two t20s but the banner says it is three. Just correct that. Rest all seems to be good. GL :thumbs

Hope Michael Clarke is all good!

Well, there is no way I can change the banner (Din't save PSD), so, I'll reschedule:p.

That's a nice start, Binnu. Very different from all your other stories. I'm liking the extra effort you have put in trying out different layout. Good luck man!

Looking forward to this story. I hope David Hussey gets a gig in the test matches, he's a gun. No Shaun Marsh or Phil Hughes in the squad! I wonder who will open with Watto in the tests? Mike Hussey? Cricket Australia have really got no idea where they are going! I tip Ferguson to make his test debut and Horrie to be the first spinner. I'm also suprised Siddle isn't in the squad as he was most consisntent bowler in the ashes. CA seem to have picked a squad of 3 format players only.

34rtvyv.jpg

The Cricket South Africa announce the South Africa A squad for the three day first class practice match at Durban. Andrew Puttick, the Cape Cobras skipper, was given a chance to lead the South Africa A, with C Alexander, L Bosman, R Kleinveldt, H Kuhn, D Miller, J Ontong, V Philander, R Rossouw, J Rudolph, J Theron, R van der Merwe, J Vandiar, V van Jaarsveld. The two day practice match is scheduled to start on August 20th at the Kingsmead, Durban.

Meanwhile, the Australians has arrived at Durban right three days before their practice match starts. Brett Lee & Dirk Nannes were missing in the side and they're scheduled to join the squad by the time of second test due to the fact that they both have given up playing the First Class/Test cricket. Just after arriving, Ricky Ponting spoke to media and said that South Africa was one of the best countries he has ever visited. He said that he liked the tradition and the way they received their guests. Adding to it, he said his favorite place is Cape of Good Hope, which is about hundred kilometers away from Cape Town.

Both the teams have agreed for the Review system which meant that the UDRS was on. Super Sports channel was ready with all the new technologies like Hawk eye, which are mandatory for Umpire Decision Review System. Super Sports executive said that they were ready with the thing and they'll be testing the way it goes in the practice match although it won't be telecasted live on television due to the unavailability of free time during August 20th and 21st.

Michael Clarke, the injured Australian captain wished Australia a good luck. He spoke to Fox News and he updated on his injuries. He said "Well, the injuries are healing at a quick rate, 8 fractures are too hot to handle, but it all happened in fraction of seconds. Anyways, I'd like to wish Ricky and his men good luck and I'm hoping for Punter to finish off his cricket in style. Proteas cannot be under estimated at any day, cause you don't know how their newbies play." Shane Warne tweeted "Good luck Punter. I hope you end up your career with a win, just like how we all did."

Last edited:
Good to hear pup is recovering.

The Cricket South Africa announced the South Africa A squad for the two day first class practice match at Durban.

I'm not sure what the cricketing authority is South Africa is called, but I think it would be 'Cricket South Africa' or 'The South African Cricket board' not 'The Cricket South Africa'. But I'm not sure.

I have never seen a series with 3 InternationalT20's being played before at the expense of some One-Day Internationals, so i like the new innovation. It is always nice to see Brett Lee back in the Baggy Green. Let's hope he can maintain full fitness for the full tour. It looks to be a cracker of a tour though. My prediction will be:-
Test Series:- Draw
One-Day Series:- South Africa
IT20 Series:- Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread