• Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
surely it was the pitch...

but i mean come on...the selectors have been made to look like fools here. They take a raw Johnson who hasnt even been consistently knocking them over in domestic cricket, and an old man in Lewis that can apparently "bowl well at the death".

you should still be able to defend 434 regarless....any chance Shane Bond can come over and play for AUS? :crying

irottev said:
But seriously. Both Captains need sacking and every bowler mabee apart from Bracken. The selectors need sacking also.

What, sack Lee, surely not, the best ODI bowler in the world? :rolleyes:

No way hozay. lol. Can't have Vettori either. Mabee taking a specalist spinner would of been a good idea. Ponting should of used Hogg, lol even after whatever agreement. At least they wouldn't of lost.

James219 said:
What, sack Lee, surely not, the best ODI bowler in the world? :rolleyes:

LOL True.

I think Lee could do with a rest. Get Gillespie over for the first test.

waqar younis said:
buy from a vide store

As mentioned on the previous page, this game was played less than 10 hours ago, to be precise, how on earth would they have developed a video already?

Bond could come over to Australia, if there was another federation or something.

I am lookin at cricinfo ball by ball and I can't figure out what the hell Ponting was doing with Lewis.

Last edited:
Lee must be totally buggered, he's been playing nonstop since the ashes.

will we ever see Mick Lewis again?....geez i bloody hope not :p

Only against New Zealand :p

Thats two games which Lewis has lost for Australia. Only 1 series because he won them the other with a simple run out. Almost two.

Australia have let slip two massive totals this year. Something needs to be done about it. Oh and then theres the Bangladesh thing. They ain't good at defending with their current bowling attack.

Last edited:
irottev said:
Only against New Zealand :p

Thats two games which Lewis has lost for Australia. Only 1 series because he won them the other with a simple run out. Almost two.

Australia have let slip two massive totals this year. Something needs to be done about it. Oh and then theres the Bangladesh thing. They ain't good at defending with their current bowling attack.

in the same season, australia have surrendered 331 and 434!!!!
that is a damning stat and the side's batters would be looking at the bowlers saying "well we did our job...what the bloody hell were you doing?"

i dont know what they should do...batting is great...with the bowling?

sack Lewis and give Johnson some time back with QLD.

watched the highlights....

sensational, absolutely sensational.... this is batting at its murderous best!

irottev said:
Bracken was still expensive. At least he got wickets also. They must be been playing on concrete.

Seriously can someone who watched the game ell me. Was it just amazing batting from both teams? Absolutly terrible bowling by both teams? Or was the pitch concrete?

Its better not to talk about the pitch . I hear there was some movement early. But once it sttled down it had good,even,consistent bounce and pace. No spin or slightest bit of seam, with condition not conducive to swing. In short, it was a batting paradise. All you had to do was swing through the line, which they did wonderfully.

surendar said:
Victories come and go in the sports!!!!! Thts the way any sport is bieng played!!!!

Not to under estimate anyone by their defeat!!!
Not to over estimate anyone by their victories!!!!

You are one philosophical guy.... :rolleyes:

genghis_khan said:
in the same season, australia have surrendered 331 and 434!!!!
that is a damning stat and the side's batters would be looking at the bowlers saying "well we did our job...what the bloody hell were you doing?"

i dont know what they should do...batting is great...with the bowling?

sack Lewis and give Johnson some time back with QLD.

good point.

They have some concerns regarding the bowling. No McGrath, No Gillespie, No Kasper, Lee struggling, Bracken in ~~ form, no other bowler really looking promising.

If only we had Tait. He would have gave away about 80 but with that comes about 2-3 wickets at least.

well id say tait will be a member of our next ODI team for sure...in bangladesh his shoulder should be fully recovered.

the thought of Lee bowling the way he is atm leading our test attack is nothing short of disturbing.

Tait has a better yorker than Lee, if he got it right who knows how many wickets he would have got. Yorkers no matter on what pitch won't go for 6. Heck it shouldn't even go for 4 if you pitched it right. Tait should have been in the side over Lewis/Clark. Both should be sacked after this display.

Users who are viewing this thread