Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
tait has a better yorker cos his arm action is slingy and low.

i dont think we'll be seeing Lewis ever again...and if we do well the selectors have hit an all new low.
Young blokes like Bird, Bollinger, Drew, Hilfenhaus who are playing well in domestic cricket deserve a shot. Not 32 year old Lewis :boxing

not sure where they go with Clark....he's not a genuine wicket taker for me.

Knowing our side we would have blew it too. We couldn't defend 330 last time round now 430. We need to get some actual ODI bowlers and not these idiots who keep conceding 10 an over.

I have an interesting question, would you take being the first team to 400 and lose or get a 300+ total and win the series?

I would go for the latter...

Aussies really need some match-winning, consistent bowlers. May be the time to turn back to Gillespie and Kasper. Remember WC is less than a year now, and they need to find a group of bowlers who can perform well, together.

genghis_khan said:
tait has a better yorker cos his arm action is slingy and low.

i dont think we'll be seeing Lewis ever again...and if we do well the selectors have hit an all new low.
Young blokes like Bird, Bollinger, Drew, Hilfenhaus who are playing well in domestic cricket deserve a shot. Not 32 year old Lewis :boxing

not sure where they go with Clark....he's not a genuine wicket taker for me.

Bollinger should have been over their on his form. He was very economical and took the odd wicket or two just like McGrath would do. If he could do that in the ODI arena is another question which should have been answered by now.
Ponting should have taken Lewis off earlier, Clarke was doing a good job even though he was smashed his economy was miles better than Lewis.

Lee's problem when batters are going after him is that his yorker isn't that great and not very accurate. That ways we see heaps of runs from him.

With this bowling lineup Australia will find it difficult to defend their World Cup title!And I think this loss have come at a very good time now Cricket Australia will get some very good bowlers maybe Tait,Gillespie back in the team.

Don't worry about our bowling lineup, add McGrath and alot of problems get solved. Lee bowls better, McGrath keeps it tight and gets wickets. Still don't know about Dizzy in the ODI arena going by his ING form. FC and OD are two different games.

gillespie will be back, but id say his ODI career is over.

they could even play Henriques...where else but Australia would the U19 WC leading wickettaker and in top ten runscorers wouldnt even be considered for national duties.

Gillespie had a one bad series against England and he was dropped.Sometimes Cricket Australia become too harsh for players like Gillespie.

Gillespie wasn't the best in the ODI arena. His drop in pace is a big problem in the ODI arena. Hes good in FC but some reason he couldn't carry this form into the ING cup. Kasper did slightly better. Who we really need back is Brad Williams. Geez he was on fire in the ING cup, oh why did he throw that hissy fit.

i would rather get 100 and win the series.

i jsut watched a bit of the game again cos there was highlights on fox and there was so much luck. some of gibbs shots were amazing, clarke bowled lots of balls up there on the stumps but was unlucky to get hit. any other day gibbs would miss and clarke would of hit. one shot of symonds was so lucky. it was widish and fully and gibbs was giving himself room totally off balance and through his arms at it and almost fell over and edged for 4.

i still blame the game on bracken dropping gibbs. martyn gave away about 10 runs with his misfields.

I am so glad i stayed up and watched till the end. i new there was going to be something worth watching. and i recorded the last 20 overs of the australian innings and the whole south african innings. if you missed watching it live, i feel sorry for you

Bracken isn't fully to blame, partly yes but drop catches happen. Ponting's captaincy was pathetic he needs to be sacked as captain. We need someone that knows their cricket.

genghis_khan said:
gillespie will be back, but id say his ODI career is over.

they could even play Henriques...where else but Australia would the U19 WC leading wickettaker and in top ten runscorers wouldnt even be considered for national duties.

you're right. You need someone who can stick to that line and length, no-one better than McGrath.
Gillespie is not a bad guy in ODI's, his experience is needed right now. His avg. of 25... is not bad in ODI's and with strike-rate of 36, he is a wicket-taking bowler.

They need a quality spinner, not part-timers like Hogg. They are indeed missing Warne here.

thats a big call

maybe if we lose the ashes later this year he'll be sacked or if they miss the super sixes of the WC.

im sure australia had loads of luck aswell.

cricket_lover said:
you're right. You need someone who can stick to that line and length, no-one better than McGrath.
Gillespie is not a bad guy in ODI's, his experience is needed right now. His avg. of 25... is not bad in ODI's and with strike-rate of 36, he is a wicket-taking bowler.

They need a quality spinner, not part-timers like Hogg. They are indeed missing Warne here.

That average of 25 was when he had that extra yard of pace. Theres no doubting he was an awesome ODI bowler back then. But with his current pace I'm not so certain.

I agree we are missing Warne but Hogg has done alright. He is the best option for spinner atm.

genghis_khan said:
thats a big call

maybe if we lose the ashes later this year he'll be sacked or if they miss the super sixes of the WC.

im sure australia had loads of luck aswell.

His captaincy has been suspect for awhile but our selectors are a few years behind my thinking so he won't be sacked. Probably cause too much problems anyway if he was sacked so heres hoping he somehow improves his captaincy. It would be good if he actually watched what guys were doing. Lewis was getting smashed, Lee isn't a death bowler....

What matters is wickets, and Jason can provide that. He is not in a bad form in domestic level, and was unfortunate to miss the recall for the SA series.

Users who are viewing this thread