Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
kodos said:
Heard earlier on the news that someone betted 20,000 AUS dollars to win :O

Did the person bet on SA win after Australian innings??? By any chance, was the person one of the players?

My to sack list:
All the selectors
Ponting as Captain
Lewis
Clark
Johnson

Anyone feel Henquries should tour Bangladesh? Our team is starting to go crap anyway, we may as well give him a shot. Lets see if his bowling can be of any use. He also has the big hitting for late in the inns not that we need that right now.

Last edited:
aussie1st said:
My to sack list:
All the selectors
Ponting as Captain
Lewis
Clark
Johnson

Ponting isn't such a great captain and maybe somebody like Hussey needs to be given the job. Ponting has not been able to defend large totals like 328 and 434 and that has to mean trouble.

I would give a chance to Clark... however, Lewis has to go. You can't concede 113 runs off 10 overs and expect to retain your place in the team.

Johnson should be dropped as well. But I'm kind of surprized you didn't ask for Katich to be sacked :p His 79 off 90 was tortoise like, given the circumstances.

langerrox said:
aussie you seem to change your mind nearly every match

Off course. :) You need to be flexible and react according to the situation.

langerrox said:
aussie you seem to change your mind nearly every match

Lol what planet you on. I've been calling for the selectors to be sacked ages ago. Johnson start of series, Lewis same, Clark never impressed me since that ING cup game against Qld.

ummm you forgot Katich
he scored extremely slow compared with any other batsmen out there. ;)

Bracken bowled very well not just coz he got the most wickets but because until he got smashed in 1 over(his 7th?) he was going at less than 6rpo.

ps by about this time yesterday we were at post #1100 in all the excitement and rapid posting of news etc surprised the site didnt grind to a halt.

Last edited:
alfa_beta said:
Did the person bet on SA win after Australian innings??? By any chance, was the person one of the players?

Not quite sure but I suppose this was before the match.

kodos said:
Not quite sure but I suppose this was before the match.

If it's before the match started, it's fine. But if someone bet on SA after Aus had scored 434, it should be investigated.

Sman-21 said:
ummm you forgot Katich
he scored extremely slow compared with any other batsmen out there. ;)/QUOTE]

thats a bit Harsh, he helped get Australia off to a flyer and any one would be happy with 79 off of 90, plus with gilly at the crease that is perfect. his Strike rate is now increasing as his confidence has grown. it would be silly to drop him now, this is a long term partnership

tsyrmas said:
Sman-21 said:
ummm you forgot Katich
he scored extremely slow compared with any other batsmen out there. ;)/QUOTE]

thats a bit Harsh, he helped get Australia off to a flyer and any one would be happy with 79 off of 90, plus with gilly at the crease that is perfect. his Strike rate is now increasing as his confidence has grown. it would be silly to drop him now, this is a long term partnership

He was just hooking some bait waiting for some fish to take it :)
If Katich plays like he did yesterday he is definitely in the team to the WC. I don't want to see any of this hoging of the strike anymore.

aussie1st said:
He was just hooking some bait waiting for some fish to take it :)
If Katich plays like he did yesterday he is definitely in the team to the WC. I don't want to see any of this hoging of the strike anymore.

lol so im a fish now :rolleyes: anyways yeh... the batting lineup is pretty well set for the ODI's its DEFINETLY the bowling we need to work on... and by work on i mean like, kill Mick Lewis painfully.

Gillespie, often resembling the devastating 'Dizzy' of not so long ago, rocked the Blues by pinning Phil Jaques (2) lbw with the first ball of the day and having Matthew Phelps (1) caught by wicketkeeper Graham Manou with the second ball of his next over.
Oh Dizzy i miss you so!!! Come back dizzy...COME BACK!!! :crying

Users who are viewing this thread