Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
The bad word filters are there for a reason and not so you can bypass them by putting in your own asterixes. The forum rules are pretty clear that swearing is not allowed as this forum is visited by people of all ages.
I see anyone doing it again they'll be getting official warnings.

MUFC1987 said:
He makes a good point though. I mean, some Aussie's on here are suggesting that the game was fixed because they lost, how sour can you get?

Also on the match, some of the catches were excellent so how anyone can say that it was just batting is beyond me.
LOL, 1 or 2 good catches overshadows the fact that over 800 runs were scored in 100 overs, 434 and then 438/9 chased down under lights. You're just anti aussie, get over yourself.

What made it such a great match was that it was a first, and ended up having lots of twists and turns and a nailbiting finish.

It is extremely unlikely that anything like this will ever happen again.
We will be seeing alot more high scores like this and not far around the corner.
The next time we are going to be amazed by such batting is when they hit 500.
Its just not cricket soon there will be no bowlers around if they cant bat they wont play.
Look at SA lineup they had 1 guy who couldnt bat Ntini, the rest were very capable at blasting a few runs.

I dont want to see batsmen just running up doing the bowlers job and hoping they can keep runs down.

It seems this is the way cricket is heading though.

I absolutely loved the match best ever but i dont want to see anything like it ever again.

Some interesting stories here as usual http://foxsports.news.com.au/cricket

langerrox said:
LOL, 1 or 2 good catches overshadows the fact that over 800 runs were scored in 100 overs, 434 and then 438/9 chased down under lights. You're just anti aussie, get over yourself.
I would respond politely, but due to your last sentence I feel unable to do so, but I will try.

I never said 'overshadows', ok? Some of the comments that I have read have been people saying that it was just batting and nothing else. This is doing a dis-service to some of the catching and even some of the retreives in the field. I mean you're telling me that Hussey's diving catch (off Telemachus I think) or Ponting's diving catch (off Kemp?) weren't a little bit special?

I suggest you read and understand my posts before flaming me on them in the future.

MUFC1987 said:
He makes a good point though. I mean, some Aussie's on here are suggesting that the game was fixed because they lost, how sour can you get?

Also on the match, some of the catches were excellent so how anyone can say that it was just batting is beyond me.
You stated that it wasn't all batting which is obviously was :mad

Generally the fielding was pretty poor with both dropped catches and mis-fields. The dismissal of Gilchrist was an exception.

genghis_khan said:
geez u are wild...

dont get too pumped up kid...Australia will dominate South Africa in cricket till the day the earth explodes.

dont refer to us as ****ing Australians

We"ll see in the world cup!

Gibbsrules said:
We"ll see in the world cup!

How about Wednesday morning? :laugh There is plenty of cricket left.

And everybody can see that Australia dominance is surely losing. They can enjoy it while it lasts. I think the end of it will come when McGrath and Warne will retire.

I remember some Australians saying some time ago they were bored that their team was winning all the team? How about now? ;)

Last edited:
McGrath and Warne may yet return in the ODI colours. I'm sure they will fix up our problems, its their destiny to finish on a happy note and then sail off into the big world ocean :p

Here is the answer alot have been looking for. Why was Lewis bowled after his shocker?

Ponting was blunt when asked why Lewis was recalled into the attack during the final overs as South Africa surged to victory.

"He's the guy in our side to do that (bowl in the final overs)," Ponting said. "That's his job ... to finish off the game. As a captain you have to go with your best.

"He'd gone for some tap (runs) early in the game, but I wanted him to bowl a couple of good overs of yorkers for us at the end.

"He didn't do it."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18452702-23212,00.html

Sman-21 said:
....Look at SA lineup they had 1 guy who couldnt bat Ntini, the rest were very capable at blasting a few runs....

I think if you ask Steve Harmison when England toured here, he'll tell you that Ntini tore him apart a few times, he can hit a ball hard when he actually hits it lol.

Users who are viewing this thread