Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
We don't have time to wait on Clark and Lewis. Both are over 30 and if they cost us the World cup we have to wait another 4 years to win it back when all our Greats will be gone. Yes Lewis did well and deserved his shot but if the selectors were actually watching this years comp they will notice Lewis wasn't great this season.
Also do you actually believe these two will be able to settle in? All International sides now know that Lewis and Clark are two guys they can pick on.

We either have to go and give proven performers a chance or take a punt on some youngsters and hope they fair better than the above two.

I think that if other sides think that when Clark comes on to bowl from now on and it'll be easy pickings and they can go after him, that it will play to the favour of Clark. So yes, I still have lots of faith in Stuart Clark, I don't think it will take him all that long to develop into a consistent cricketer. Lewis could develop also given the patience, but there's a good chance that he might have played his last ODI.

Its make or break stuff in this day and age. Lewis conceded 100 also had a shocker in our other record loss. He was given his chance after the NZ loss to show his worth which he didn't take.
Clark has had more than enough time to prove himself. 15 ODI games is more than what Dorey and Johnson have got. In those 15 he has conceded a fair few runs for not much return in the wicket department.

If we want to be patient we should be giving Johnson, Dorey and Hopes all a go because all could develop into good cricketers.

i really dont think we should bother percevering and showing faith in 32 yr-old Lewis
when we can be showing faith in young guys like Johnson & Watson like aussie said.
Lewis is finished as far as im concerned and id say Ricky Ponting wont be welcoming him back in a hurry given his blunt assessment of Lewis after the match on Sunday.

Anyway....looking forward to this test series...it will be up there with the 2005 ashes and India v Aust 2001 as some great test series. Isnt it funny how all the great test series involve australia losing. Anyway i think we'll bounce back strongly...with guys like Hayden, Langer, Warne, MacGill and Kasper coming in.

I dont buy that excuse of Pontings one bit.
So why was Clark selected in the team then.
I thought they said to be the mcgrath replacement, open bowling keep it tight and maybe take a wicket or 2.
Then if the opposition get on a roll bring him back for an over or 2 to slow things down and then bowl 2 overs at the death.

Someone give Thompson a job on the selectors board he seems to know what hes talking about.

I dont think much of Watson but he seems to doing better than Clark and lewis with the ball.
They say they want an allrounder so play him.

Looking forward to the tests.
I think we will need to play Macgill and Warne in every game no matter what.Because i dont believe our pacemen will be able to do the job.
Just 2 fast bowlers either Lee and Kasper or Lee and Tait.
Symonds can play and bowl his medium pacers as first change bowler if they dont want to have the spinners on early

I don't know how Clark beat Bracken into the test squad, but I sure would doubt Gillespie beating him in.

I agree Sman thats why Clark was picked. He hasn't done that job well at all. I know he will never be as good as McGrath but he definitely hasn't replicated either his accuracy or wicket taking ability.

MacGill is favourite to start in the test cause it seems suited to spin. Tait and Lee won't happen unless I'm a selectors. :p

i want tait to play :mad:

surely the South African curators will produce seamers wickets. Therefore they should play Lee/Kasprowicz/Tait....aswell as Warne and Symonds.

The south african team will be interesting, whether Andrew Hall plays or they bring Dippenaar back into the test team.

dtrain said:
I think over time that both Mick Lewis and Stuart Clark earned their selections with consistent bowling in both forms of the game at state level. I think they'll both get better at International level cricket given patience, and giving them more opportunities.
I'd expect Lewis to improve if he stays in the team, I mean surely it's not possible for him to get worse, is it?

genghis_khan said:
The south african team will be interesting, whether Andrew Hall plays or they bring Dippenaar back into the test team.
I'd expect them to Open with Smith & Dippenaar, with Gibbs, De villiers, Kallis & Rudolph to follow. It'll probably boil down to either Boje or Hall depending on the wicket.

Australia could even try playing Macgill in the ODI side.
Can`t do worse than Lewis and Co. !
Why are they not picking Dizzy ? He is a class act .
They`ve finally gone back to Martyn and Clarke for the test side and I expect Dizzy , Kaspa to be back in the ODI side.

No point bringing MacGill back in the ODI side. They should persist with Hogg who has done a pretty decent job in recent times or bring in one of the younger bowlers such as Cullen or Casson.

Nice to see the South Africans enjoying the victory and experiencing a hangover after Sunday night's game. Cricket seems to be striving in South Africa and the popularity of the game should surge after the performance. Also Australia losing isn't too bad :D Participation rate has increased by 12 per cent i think and is the highest increase by any sport in a decade.

Watch out South Africa in the world cup, they are probably favourites atm and Australia 2nd if they can put on their ful strngth team.

Users who are viewing this thread