Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
Once I read Amla refused to wear the South African kit as it promoted an alcohol company, that being Castle Lager, so they provided him with an unsponsored one...

Anyway, just to be formal :p:

Test squad
Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Michael Clarke, Adam Gilchrist (wk), Brett Lee, Shane Warne, Stuart MacGill, Shaun Tait, Stuart Clark, Michael Kasprowicz

ODI squad
Adam Gilchrist (wk), Simon Katich, Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Michael Clarke, Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson, Brett Lee, Nathan Bracken, Brad Hogg, Stuart Clark, Daniel Cullen, Mitchell Johnson

? Cricinfo

No real surprises there, Lewis was obviously facing the axe, but I thought they may have pondered the inclusion of Bollinger considering his consistent one-day form, but Johnson's recent honours kept him ahead.

Well the Test series is pretty much over.......Bllody waste of a test series.No bloody competition! Thats what i hate about listening to (or watching) Aus,they thump everyone!

There was so much hype at the start of the test series when SA won the ODI's. But they just haven't delivered and the interest in the series is minimal in practically both nations.

Enjoy no competition while it last, cause once Warnie, and McGrath are gone we will be seeing more than a close contest. It could well result in a major slump where we never win a test match.

the south african crowds have been disgraceful during the test series...not in manner but in number.

i dont think australians have lost interest as such, its just that the football season is just getting underway and well, u know. I know i i wont be round these parts much during the winter. but come October i'll be back! :D

I would like to see Tait playing the 3rd Test Match, see how he goes and possibly select him for Bangladesh.

aussie1st said:
Enjoy no competition while it last, cause once Warnie, and McGrath are gone we will be seeing more than a close contest. It could well result in a major slump where we never win a test match.

Any news on McGrath returning soon? I hope he plays in the Ashes so we don't get a free win :p.

Drewska said:
Any news on McGrath returning soon? I hope he plays in the Ashes so we don't get a free win :p.

Well he's not named in the Bangladesh Touring Squads so might have to wait until we take on New Zealnd to see him in action.

genghis_khan said:
the south african crowds have been disgraceful during the test series...not in manner but in number.

During every test series the crows are non existant here, nothing new, and I doubt its going to change for the better for NZ most likely for the worst.

The 3rd Test is going to bring at least on new starter into the SA squad since Smith injured his finger during fielding pracise. I think its both good and bad.

Well, really only die hard fans go to tests. The games are just too long. You can't blame everyone. Its a busy world.

But indeed, if few are turning up for Australia even fewer will show up to watch us.

Drewska said:

Lol he'll be ready for the Ashes but we don't seem to need him with our new found McGrath clone :p
Just imagine 2 McGrath's bowling :D

aussie1st said:
Lol he'll be ready for the Ashes but we don't seem to need him with our new found McGrath clone :p
Just imagine 2 McGrath's bowling :D

Hmm... not great :p. With 2 warne's backing him up :eek: .

Bye bye Mr Smith, it has been an enjoyable summer with your nonsense but seems like the cricketing Gods have had enough of you :p

Anyway basically Smith is out with some injury and Boeta Dippenaar will come in although there is talk Gibbs may open but hes defintiely batting at number 3 if he isn't.

Aus have named an unchanged team so Tait and Pup got a free trip to SA.

aussie1st said:
Bye bye Mr Smith, it has been an enjoyable summer with your nonsense but seems like the cricketing Gods have had enough of you :p

Anyway basically Smith is out with some injury and Boeta Dippenaar will come in although there is talk Gibbs may open but hes defintiely batting at number 3 if he isn't.

Aus have named an unchanged team so Tait and Pup got a free trip to SA.

I hope Dippenaar opens and they drop Prince for Amla, its a gamble but Prince isnt on form and maybe will Amla put in a good performance.

Users who are viewing this thread