Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
I hope so :) I just wonder who for, obvious option is Kasper but he is still trying to prove the selectors right. Lee seems to be back in form, Clark still fresh and taking wickets.

they wont rest Lee

good win to Australia, just outplayed the South Africans in every facet of the game. South Africa spend too much time talking not enough time playing, but then again we're all use to it by now...after a summer dominated by graeme smith's mouth.

once this series is over...im kinda gonna miss smithy and the boys :p

I'm sure Ponting will miss them too...
I agree though, Lee definitely won't be rested, there's not much to gain out of a move like that anyway. South Africa have alot to think about, I thought they may bring in Steyn for the experiment, I wonder if he'll actually play now that's he's been drafted into the squad. People may say Boje is too negative, not penetrative enough, etc..., but they really don't have too many other options, and he hasn't really been used correctly. Smith's position as skipper will come under serious scrutiny after this series, his actual side isn't terrible, but the way they work as a unit has been pretty disgraceful. So is Kemp still injured, or just not being selected? Rudolph should retain his position, he's got a solid technique, plays simple and straight at his own pace, but is probably in need of converting his starts. Prince may be under threat, and Gibbs could probably shift down the order. They might as well try some new things, they've got nothing to lose.

I wouldn't mind resting Lee, we only have 3 days to recover from our last test. But our selectors aren't in favour of resting test players.

aussie1st said:
But has he done much right? You are being the hyporcitic saying drop Hodge when he wasn't do much wrong.
Oh and lets go back to Michael Clarke another you wanted dropped. He too hasn't done much wrong, scored a 50 in the 4th test of the Ashes when all the other batters were dropping like flies. So he too should still be in the team?

Katich another that didn't do much wrong and is there to support Gilly but yet you say this?
well hodge almost lost us the match when he played that stupid shot on the last ball of the day, Gilly seems to be outof form and should go back to grade level and get in form and we need to search fora new keeper as haddin is too old, Martyn also got a fifty in the ashes and was the 2nd leading run scorer for 2004 did he get dropped? yes.

James219 said:
I'm sure Ponting will miss them too...
I agree though, Lee definitely won't be rested, there's not much to gain out of a move like that anyway. South Africa have alot to think about, I thought they may bring in Steyn for the experiment, I wonder if he'll actually play now that's he's been drafted into the squad. People may say Boje is too negative, not penetrative enough, etc..., but they really don't have too many other options, and he hasn't really been used correctly. Smith's position as skipper will come under serious scrutiny after this series, his actual side isn't terrible, but the way they work as a unit has been pretty disgraceful. So is Kemp still injured, or just not being selected? Rudolph should retain his position, he's got a solid technique, plays simple and straight at his own pace, but is probably in need of converting his starts. Prince may be under threat, and Gibbs could probably shift down the order. They might as well try some new things, they've got nothing to lose.

Yes i'd say Prince will be replaced by Hashim Amla in the middle order.
As far as i know Kemp has undergone shoulder surgery but he probably wouldnt be selected anyway...

Gibbs should move to 4, keep Rudolph at 6, Kallis should be at 3 and bat Amla at 5. As for the Australians, their team will be the same i guarentee.

Lee is a big boy he can handle it. Plus, he's one of those types of cricketers that would have to be dragged away kicking and screaming from playing in the game...i dont think he'd want to miss a test.

Last edited:
First of all, what religion is Amla?
Anyway, Rudolph could actually have a case for batting at four, as Gibbs is a little unsteady these days and Rudolph has a very good temperament in testing situations and a quality technique.
Lee's too hungry to miss a test, he knows opportunities are hard to come by and he wants to cement his reputation as a leader. Besides, I highly doubt the selectors would be thinking along the lines of resting him.
Isn't MacGill unlucky? Not that the Australian side should be changed for the final test, but he barely plays on the tours he attends and is possibly the second best leg-break bowler in the world; I guess he must wish he was born an Englishmen or something.

genghis_khan said:
once this series is over...im kinda gonna miss smithy and the boys :p

Same here, Him and Nel :) I will never forget Nel's actions when Hussey hit him for two consecutive 6's over cover on the boxing day test :D

James219 said:
First of all, what religion is Amla?
Anyway, Rudolph could actually have a case for batting at four, as Gibbs is a little unsteady these days and Rudolph has a very good temperament in testing situations and a quality technique.
Lee's too hungry to miss a test, he knows opportunities are hard to come by and he wants to cement his reputation as a leader. Besides, I highly doubt the selectors would be thinking along the lines of resting him.
Isn't MacGill unlucky? Not that the Australian side should be changed for the final test, but he barely plays on the tours he attends and is possibly the second best leg-break bowler in the world; I guess he must wish he was born an Englishmen or something.

i think Amla is of Indian background, as far as i know they make up a fair proportion of SA's population.

Actually, Rudolph used to bat at 3 for awhile back...but i think he lost that spot after a poor tour of the Caribbean in March last year. But he has a sound defensive game and lovely cover drive.

OH the Warney, Warney, Warney.

Well done Australia, didn't the umpires offer the light in the end? When I looked at the match is was very bleak weather/light.

Players won't be rested for Bangladesh either. Maybe the ODI series but test series we will be back at full strength. We just don't give out free baggy greens.

Amla is a Muslim and he comes from India originally. He deserved a chance again, since he had a great domestic season. Also Steyn is back.

Users who are viewing this thread