Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
Good win by the team, Lewis has shown his worth today. Good bowling and then came through at the death. I never knew Clark could bat so well, bowling wasn't great but he came through with the bat. Bracken again bowled well, he definitely must have booked his spot to the World cup.

ferrari said:
wow what happened to marto again? this is a far cry from the 51 he made the other day....

That was to save his place now he'll go all crap again. :rolleyes:

Have SA ever won a close match... they seem to lose all the matches that go down to the wire. Same goes with rain & other unlucky stuff as well - plenty of world cup matches (1992 semi final, 1999 tie, 2003 D/L fiasco) immediately come to mind. Plus there are a few more.

ferrari said:
lol. anyway, motm is dippenaar

He always gets a 100 in a losing cause... I wudn't be thrilled to see him score a 100 if I were a SA fan.

alfa_beta said:
Have SA ever won a close match... they seem to lose all the matches that go down to the wire. Same goes with rain & other unlucky stuff as well - plenty of world cup matches (1992 semi final, 1999 tie, 2003 D/L fiasco) immediately come to mind. Plus there are a few more.

VB series this year against SL when SL had it in the bag. They also won a tight one against the Aussies at the start of the VB series.

Great finish to enjoy watching while eating my dinner.
Halls delivery to get rid of Bracken was superb, especially as the ball would've been wet.

What an exciting match that would have been if we could watch it :'(.
Great comback by Symonds, Katich seems to be improving with his S/R, Bracken bowled really well and a few South African's were impressive! What a match this is going to be!

It was a great match. I followed it on cricinfo. The last over of the South African innings where three wickets fell and the over of Smith of 19 runs were the big deciders in this match.

But South Africa was pretty competitive against a full strenght Australia. Looking forward to the series decider.

Just as I expected it looks like Johnson will be wasted on this tour. We bring him over for one game where he takes another spanking and then leave him having a free holiday. Should have brought Tait over.

Smith is at it again :laugh

"I thought they (Australia) were the team that were chokers, if that's the word, at the back end (of matches)."

Ponting reacted strongly to the remarks.

"He said that, did he?", the Australia captain asked reporters after being told of Smith's opinion. "We won the game, maybe they should look at their own performance.
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=90982

Last edited:
wow what a difference Symonds makes to that middle order.

yes u can safely say they wont play Johnson in the decider, thus bringing him on tour where he bowled 3 overs for 28 runs...while he couldve been playing for QLD back home...quite silly really.

Tait was never going to be picked for the ODI team cos he cant throw atm, his shoulder prevents it so he has to bowl the ball in from the outfield, thus costing runs.

Both captains have got it wrong. Smith says that Australia are a team of chockers when only on some occassions they choke and Ponting says that South Africa keep losing games, well what happened in the 20/20 and the first 2 ODI's??

If Pollock won't play in the final match than the South African batsman's must win them the game. Pollock has undoubtebly been the best bowler in the series with Ntini and easily the most economical. I wonder will this be a repeat of the Natwest series, perhaps the final match will result in a tie :D

genghis_khan said:
wow what a difference Symonds makes to that middle order.

yes u can safely say they wont play Johnson in the decider, thus bringing him on tour where he bowled 3 overs for 28 runs...while he couldve been playing for QLD back home...quite silly really.

Tait was never going to be picked for the ODI team cos he cant throw atm, his shoulder prevents it so he has to bowl the ball in from the outfield, thus costing runs.

He did fine in the ING cup final and now hes been picked for the Test squad. It was just another one of the Hohns pathetic excuses. Remember Jaques couldn't field either according to him. :rolleyes:

Ponting at least had some backup, everytime SA talk they have lost. Smtih calling Australia chokers well indeed he should look in his own backyards. Maybe say a certain 99 World Cup ;)

Users who are viewing this thread