Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
smith :rolleyes: has he taken back the insult-them-no-matter-what role from boucher?

Last edited:
smiths comments were bizarre.
surely he wouldve known that ppl will turn around and say SAF are chokers seen as how they won the first 2 games and only needed to win 1 more to close out the series. Now they let australia back into the contest...and i have to say that Aust will beat SAF on Sunday.

ZexyZahid said:
But South Africa was pretty competitive against a full strenght Australia. Looking forward to the series decider.

I'm pretty sure I didn't see one GD McGrath out there. And if Warne slips into the mix pre world cup it's one hell of a one day lineup.

It was a good win by the aussies - chasing under lights in a foreign country in a must win situation is never an easy task. Just goes to show that whilst the team is a shade of the team a few years back, the ability to win in the clinches still remains.

That above his head cross bat slog down the ground from Symonds was an outrageous shot, effective, but hardly high percentage. You could tell he was going to fall playing a stupid shot. Marto hardly did his bit to justify his test selection - he looks too casual. Clarke's ability to play a stupid shot at the wrong time reared its ugly head again. Hussey as solid as a rock in the middle order again (unlucky run out) and the bowlers batted superbly.

Who choked? If you have a team 9 down with plenty to get, the balls swinging and the two batsmen are bowlers (numbers 10 and 11) with 4 bats between them, you'd be pretty confident you'd win wouldn't you. You'd say you were in the box seat....and when you're in the box seat and end up losing...isn't that choking?

Last edited:
If we had lost that would have been a major choke. We should have won it easily with Symonds and Hussey in the middle. Those two are our super finishers, sadly neither finished it.

Luck has nothing to do with our wins. Our bowlers bowled well in both games. Our batters have done their job. The return of Ponting and Symonds has been the difference. Everyone knew SA would mean business they showed that in the test series, they are the 2nd best side in the world in ODIs so of course they mean business.

No doubt they mean business - but there's always been a fine line between australia and south africa - usually decided on a mental level. I don't think they're ready yet to jump that hurdle...although they are playing a McGrathless australia which even england could beat :)

whose gonna get the new ball with Lee in the tests Kasper or Clark?, maybe Tait but i doubt it.
From what ive read they're planning to play the 2 leggies in the 1st two tests and a pace attack for the 3rd at Jo'burg.

Clark will get it, although Lee and Tait opening sounds tempting :) Sadly I can't see them playing Tait. I hope they prove me wrong which they havent done all year.

if lee and tait share the new ball anything could happen...

south africa could be bowled out for 100 in a few sessions or they could be 0-250 at lunch lol

clark is a safe option.

We could be 250 mid way through the middle session with Clark and Lee opening. Its a hard call cause Clark is no McGrath. We may as well see what Tait's got if hes going bad take him of and give it to Kasper. Then Warne!

My bowling lineup Lee, Tait, Kasper, Warne, Symonds

yeh i tend to agree with that bowling lineup...the only problem is if Lee, Tait and Kasper have a bad day they will be very expensive. But then again i cant see all 3 having a bad day.
i still dont agree with Symonds being labelled an all-rounder, he isnt, hes a batsman that can bowl.

anyway Clark may not be a McGrath but he generally has good accuracy and control. Even though he hasnt set the world on fire in his brief ODI career i think his bowling style may suit test cricket more.

If selected Clarke will also contribute with his left-arm off-breaks to add a sense of variety to the attack. Symonds performances with the bat and in the field will heavily influence the momentum he takes into his bowling, as he can often ride on his adrenaline, which is a risky prospect.

Last edited:
A batting all rounder, a batter that bowls is Clarke, Lehmann etc. Symonds is better than them. But I don't think Symonds will be playing with Tait/Clark as he would only play with MacGill I assume so that rules out him anyway. I still wouldn't mind Symonds in for his batting only as he can be devastating if he can get his mindset worked out.

i recon Watson thought he was a shoo-in for the all-rounder spot.

he was always the one talking about it in the media, symonds said nothing and then as soon as Symonds gets the gig and he misses out he demands answers.

Users who are viewing this thread