Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
I was actually happy with Katich's effort for once, He started off well and was playing shots early scoring at around a run a ball.
While Gilly was struggling and taking his time to get in.
But then once Katich got to mid 20's and Gilly started to find the middle of the bat it was the useless old Katich again.
Blocking out overs,standing there watching a whole over go straight through to the keeper without once using the bat.
Gilly was scoring at a run a ball and after 20 overs(120balls) Gilly had only faced 40 balls.
So once again terrible performance by Katich depriving Gilly of the strike and wasting time.

Geez Hussey is amazing comes in and from ball 1 everything is coming out the middle of the bat.

Any aussies not able to watch it get Foxtel now while its free installation.

Yeah I was working whilst the aussies were cruising at the start - then every time I looked at the tv it was Katto on strike...blocking. The pressure he creates on himself by blocking is what got him out when he went the tonk. Sure, he's not going to hit lots of 4s and 6s like Gilly, but the least he can do is push around singles to get the slogger on strike. That's what he should be working on.

I've not read this thread at all but just thought I'd say what a terrific match yesterday. One of the best one dayers I've seen since the Nat West Final last year.
Credit to both teams for sticking in there, could've gone either way right till the end. Great knocks by Pollock and Symonds (although why Symonds was still going for the big shots when the req'd r/r was well under 1 a ball I'm not sure - guess he got caught up in the heat of the moment).
Looking forward to tomorrow's decider now :) .

Yeah it was a great game. I was worried when Aus were 8/218 but Clarky pulled through (which I thought would never happen)

i must admit, im worried about Lee's form...hes the one that will be leading the attack in the tests, he really needs to lift his game.

no way theyd rest him

the aussies know how much of a psychological edge they will gain if they beat the south africans and win the series after being comprehensively outplayed in the first 2 games.

they'll be throwing everything at the africans no doubt.

valvolux said:
I'm pretty sure I didn't see one GD McGrath out there. And if Warne slips into the mix pre world cup it's one hell of a one day lineup

When I wrote that, I knew McGrath isn't there. He is a great bowler, but in such a great team, he shouldn't have that much of a difference. And Warne doesn't play ODI's, you can't put the if factor with it (if Warne would have played). South Africa had to face injuries on their main strike bowlers in Australia, but you don't hear them blaming their defeats to the abscenses of some players.

But nevertheless this is a perfect set-up for a great final match. :happy

I wish they call back Hayden into the One-day Squad.
Man he would prove to be a handful .
This isn't because i hate katich though.

I think the aussies would win it but would be a narrow victory indeed.

genghis_khan said:
no way theyd rest him

the aussies know how much of a psychological edge they will gain if they beat the south africans and win the series after being comprehensively outplayed in the first 2 games.

they'll be throwing everything at the africans no doubt.

Spot on and also we haven't lost a ODI series in ages. It would be share stupidity to rest Lee now.

we havent lost on ODI series on foreign soil since 1998-99, against South Africa.

im sure they'll want to keep that enjoyable little record intact :D

We should have a pretty strong lineup, We just need more then one key batsman to fire.

Users who are viewing this thread