Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Aus test, SA odi series

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • SA test, Aus odi series

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • SA test, SA odi series

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
What about when Graeme Smith said they choked well today they choked their way to 434

Any of you's reckon that we will get 1000 in the test at Johannasburg?? :D

Before you get all excited about it being the highest ever ODI score, it isn't.

It's the highest men's ODI score, but still 21 short of the highest score in ODI cricket.

andrew_nixon said:
This thread is getting way to spammy.

I have just had to delete more than 20 posts, and there are still some left to go. The main culprit is James W.

The following are considered spam:

Posts that repeat commentary from elsewhere.
Posts that contain only the score.
Posts that are along the lines of "Symonds is in", "Six from Ponting", "Ponting is out"
One word posts.

Just one more of these will see this thread get closed.

Any complaints about this in the thread will also be considered spam, and will close the thread.

haha, you must be joking mate! i was keeping them updated as cricinfo was slow or something. It's the middle of a match, of course people are going to be 'spamming'! I really don't see what you are achieving by deleting these posts.

James_W said:
haha, you must be joking mate! i was keeping them updated as cricinfo was slow or something. It's the middle of a match, of course people are going to be 'spamming'! I really don't see what you are achieving by deleting these posts.

You were warned.

Topic Closed

James_W said:
Its alright mate, no worries. It was great 30-40 minutes. We all had fun. Now I probably won't post here until the test begins.
Thanks to whoever opened the thread.

The thread is now being reopened.

A reminder as to what constitutes spam:

Posts that are along the lines of "Symonds is in", "Six from Ponting", "Ponting is out"
One word posts.

Posting this sort of thing is fine, as long as it isn't the enitre content of your post.

If you want to post "Symonds hits a six!", then also post about why it was such a good shot.

If you want to post "Ponting is out", then also describe the dismissal.

If you want to post the score, comment on the game situation at the time too.

andrew_nixon said:
The thread is now being reopened.

A reminder as to what constitutes spam:

One word posts.

Posting this sort of thing is fine, as long as it isn't the enitre content of your post.

If you want to post "Symonds hits a six!", then also post about why it was such a good shot.

If you want to post "Ponting is out", then also describe the dismissal.

If you want to post the score, comment on the game situation at the time too.

Now thats perfectly fine and acceptable. Should be alright with rest of you boys I think then.

South Africa going quite well, because they are keeping up with Australia's early run-rate quite well.

Thanks squiz btw.

Dippenaar was gone early. The South Africans are taken the Aussie bowlers to the cleaners now.

I think they will struggle to keep this runrate up though. They haven't got the tail end hitting of Pollock either.

They've got the replacement in van der Wath. And that guy can bat too.

South Africa 71/1 (9.0 Ovs)

South Africa on full attack.

Sman-21 said:
Just looking at the scorecard.
Gilly 55 off 44balls
Katich 79 off 90
Ponting 164 off 107 :hpraise :hpraise
Hussey 81 off 50 :happy :happy
Symonds 27 off 13
Lee 9 off 7
Hmm cmon katich pull ya finger out you cost us the chance of 450 :cool:

maybe his innings wasnt that good look at everyone elses strikerate on this batsmens paradise.

after 10 overs S.A are ahead of what Aus had at that stage of the game can they keep it up.

so van der wath hit a few sixes over SCGs midwicket...suddenly hes a just replacement for Pollock.

highest mens ODI score is good enough for me....who the hell cares bout womens cricket.

Last edited:
ausies will take odi as well as test they are fit and fighting back now a days

Users who are viewing this thread