Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

As much as god must love Australians to have blessed us with such dominant sporting teams, even he/she was not happy with Lee's promotion, opening up the heavens to delay the game for those of us still awake at this hour.

As much as god must love Australians to have blessed us with such dominant sporting teams, even he/she was not happy with Lee's promotion, opening up the heavens to delay the game for those of us still awake at this hour.

I have a feeling he forsook you all a few years ago ;)

Was expecting at least 300, but the wickets fell pretty consistently after the opening partnership. Dave's first baller and the crap last over didn't help.

Lee definitely had his weet-bix this morning - 2/0 off his first 3 overs. That's 2 wickets for 0 runs for all the backwards people.

I think there isn't a side in the top 9 ODI teams that's worse at rotating the strike and getting ones and twos then this WI team. So poor at rotating the strike, especially Samuels and Darren Bravo. Thats something basic that you expect out of your #3-4 batsman.

I thought Darren Bravo would play a big role in the Windies performances this series, but he's had an absolute shocker. Credit to him for walking on that nick, didn't look like the umpire was going to give it and hard to say if DRS could've overturned it.

I thought Darren Bravo would play a big role in the Windies performances this series, but he's had an absolute shocker. Credit to him for walking on that nick, didn't look like the umpire was going to give it and hard to say if DRS could've overturned it.

After his performances in the subcontinent I thought he would have a good home season but it hasn't turned out that way. The good thing is that the longer version of the game seems to be what he prefers so hopefully he performs well in the test series.

Yeah I really started to take notice of him after his performances against India. It's good that despite his lean ODI series, pretty much everyone else has performed well and got them into this no-lose position. Expecting him to really stand up in the tests too.

----------

Forgot to mention that it was a pretty strange decision from Sammy to bowl after winning the toss. I guess the weather played a part on this occasion, but given the result of the last game and the same ground/line-ups, I thought batting would be the sensible option. Pretty sure Watson wouldn't have chosen to bowl first again.

Well that's a proper tackle. Also props to Hilfenhaus for holding on to that after taking a hit like that.

Oh crud, Russell gone.

----------

Sammy's one chance to shut his critics once and for all. Me included.

Users who are viewing this thread