Australia tour of West Indies March-April 2011/12

Won the toss and elected to bowl. Without knowing how the pitch is, I like the decision. Windies have batted second in all three games so far and considering the totals have been on the low side, they've had the advantage of knowing they don't have to go too hard, especially after it cost them in the first game. I think we'll fair better this time around as the chasers.

Samuels has to be grateful that the ICC has allowed him to bowl because he is absolutely useless with the bat. Scoring low and scoring at a low strike rate, looks completely out of touch out here.

Two of the biggest hitter of the ball on the WI team are rotating the strike better then the 3-4-5 batsman.

Maybe bowling first wasn't such a great idea :p It wasn't looking too bad once Barath fell, but Pollard and Russell could be taking the game away here. Our fielding hasn't been up to standard either. McKay's been unlucky and still one of the better bowlers.

----------

Haha, Pollard you arsey bastard. Smashes a 6 to bring up his second ODI tonne. Good stuff.

Yeah, only Pattinson as far as genuine quicks. Christian was left out today though and I'd like the two spinners on these wickets, so there's another two options besides Patto.

Forrest started nicely, putting his hand back up for Test selection if needed.

----------

Or not, strange strange shot.

Some pretty poor batting from the top order. Couldn't have been more wrong about batting second. Feels like we've been a step behind with selections and the choice to bowl today. Only one game left, so they better get it right if we're to salvage a drawn series.

Too much chopping and changing with the side never helps with consistency. And while Forrest has been solid since debuting, there are a few I would have ahead of him. And Lee's decline is hurting us.

Was that Matthew Wade or Brad Haddin? Just as Dave breaths some life into the innings, Wade plays a mistimed shot for another easy catch. Into the bowlers now, so it'll take a Pollard-esque knock from Huss to give us any chance.

Users who are viewing this thread